Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 10, 2018, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyerTalker688786
Ambassador programme will change on 1st February 2019. This will start with Royal Ambassador's benefits. Then, all other Ambassador will have new benefits from 1st March 2019.

For Royal Ambassadors, the new benefits starts from 1st FEB 2019 will be:
  1. EARLY CHECK-IN from 10AM (instead of 8AM)
  2. ONE COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST FOR EVERY NIGHT YOU STAY [CONFIRMED AS IN GREATER CHINA REGION ONLY, On 1st March, it seems IHG quietly made a U-turn again, now this benefit only APPLIES TO IC HOTELS IN MAINLAND CHINA ONLY, Hong Kong IC hotels are excluded on the last minute U-turn.]
  3. UP TO TWO COMPLIMENTARY FULL BREAKFASTS PER DAY IF THERE IS NO CLUB LOUNGE
  4. UPTO 50USD/200RMB/400HKD MINIBAR CREDIT PER DAY (200USD/800RMB/1600HKD PER STAY MAX)
  5. WAIVED DESTINATION/AMENITY FEES
  6. COMPLIMENTARY WEEKEND NIGHT CERTIFICATE WITH E-DELIVERY
  7. AMBASSADOR BENEFIT GUARANTEE (See below)
  8. [Officially Added Benefits] FREE NIGHTS AT AN IHG PROPERTY (capped at 70K points value)
  9. [Officially Added Benefits] HERTZ GOLD PLUS REWARDS PRESIDENTS' CIRCLE MEMBERSHIP

For all other Ambassadors, the new benefit starts on 1st MARCH 2019:
  1. GUARANTEED PLATINUM ELITE STATUS IN IHG REWARDS CLUB
  2. ONE COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST FOR EVERY NIGHT YOU STAY <== Only for Greater China Stays !
  3. COMPLIMENTARY WEEKEND NIGHT CERTIFICATE WITH E-DELIVERY
  4. WELCOME FRUIT PLATTER (instead of welcome fruits and gifts) <== Only for Greater China Stays !
  5. AMBASSADOR BENEFIT GUARANTEE
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS FOR STAYS IN GREATER CHINA ONLY:
• One complimentary breakfast every night you stay
• 15% discount on restaurants and bars

AMBASSADOR BENEFIT GURANTEE work as bellow:
  1. Guaranteed Room Upgrade: Member must be given a food and beverage or Spa credit up to USD50, or 10,000 IHG Rewards Club points per stay, applies to InterContinental Ambassador and Royal Ambassador only;
  2. 16:00 (4p.m.) Late Check-out: Member must be given a food and beverage or Spa credit up to USD50, or 10,000 IHG Rewards Club points per stay, applies to InterContinental Ambassador and Royal Ambassador only;
  3. New Club InterContinental Lounge Access or alternative Club experience: Member must be given a food and beverage or Spa credit of USD100 per night, not exceeding the Club InterContinental upgrade supplement value, applies to Royal Ambassador only.
Print Wikipost

Changes to Ambassador from 1st March 2019 (now confirmed)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:21 pm

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
Wiki needs to be updated

Wiki needs to be updated.

What was announced for RAs for Feb 1st includes a free night (capped at 70K) and the Hertz President's Circle, but no single complimentary breakfast (except Greater China, but that's an Ambassador benefit starting Mar 1st, I think).

ROYAL BENEFITS
STARTING IN FEBRUARY 2019:
• Free night at an IHG® property**
• Two complimentary breakfasts per night at properties without a Club InterContinental lounge
• Waived destination/amenity fees
• Early check-in, beginning at 10am
• Up to USD50 minibar credit for each night you stay***
• E-delivery of complimentary weekend night certificate
• Ambassador Benefits Guarantee to ensure you make the most out of every stay
• Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® President’s Circle® membership

Sorry, posting from phone and awkward to edit the wiki
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:38 pm

Ambassador benefits suck.
est-gratuite likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 5:54 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vsevolod4
Wiki needs to be updated.

What was announced for RAs for Feb 1st includes a free night (capped at 70K) and the Hertz President's Circle, but no single complimentary breakfast (except Greater China, but that's an Ambassador benefit starting Mar 1st, I think).

ROYAL BENEFITS
STARTING IN FEBRUARY 2019:
• Free night at an IHG® property**
• Two complimentary breakfasts per night at properties without a Club InterContinental lounge
• Waived destination/amenity fees
• Early check-in, beginning at 10am
• Up to USD50 minibar credit for each night you stay***
• E-delivery of complimentary weekend night certificate
• Ambassador Benefits Guarantee to ensure you make the most out of every stay
• Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® President’s Circle® membership

Sorry, posting from phone and awkward to edit the wiki
Now added the missing two items including Hertz and Free Nights capped at 70K.
vsevolod4 likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 1:30 pm

Programs: Meh
Newbie question from Hilton diamond for life going across to intercon HK.
I will book two rooms..do I get base points for 2 rooms?
do I get complementary breakfast as a gold amb?
do I get 4pm late checkout?

up for a change from the conrad.

thanks
Old Jan 25, 2019, 2:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Originally Posted by stevie

up for a change from the conrad.

thanks
You wanna leave a Conard as a hilton diamond where you get 2 free breakfasts per day, free lounge access and a guaranteed upgrade, and go to an Intercontinental as ambassador gold ?
Just don't.
hclee01 and FFlash like this.

Last edited by est-gratuite; Jan 25, 2019 at 2:40 pm
Old Jan 26, 2019, 1:45 pm

Programs: Meh
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
You wanna leave a Conard as a hilton diamond where you get 2 free breakfasts per day, free lounge access and a guaranteed upgrade, and go to an Intercontinental as ambassador gold ?
Just don't.
some bank has taken over the hotel and it is 860 bucks a night.
so I take it no free breakfast?
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:20 pm

Programs: MUCCI Classe des Flatteurs Preferes, LH SEN, BA silver, IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat
Possibly missed this being answered earlier in the thread...

My renewal date is end Jan. Does that mean I will have to wait until my next renewal in 2020 to get platinum status or will every ambassador be platinum at minimum from 1st March?

(probably doesn't have much impact on me but curious to know the answer to this)
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by BaconSF
Ambassador benefits suck.
That is why they sent multiple messages and even called Ambassadors urging them to renew!
Old Jan 29, 2019, 12:52 pm

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
Having been Ambassador for fifteen years I see some benefits to it For those of us that renewed late last years do the old benefits continue until our next renewal or do we all get the same from 1st March ?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 1:48 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyingbee
Possibly missed this being answered earlier in the thread...

My renewal date is end Jan. Does that mean I will have to wait until my next renewal in 2020 to get platinum status or will every ambassador be platinum at minimum from 1st March?

(probably doesn't have much impact on me but curious to know the answer to this)
Not sure. But there is not too much a difference between Gold and Platinum at this moment. So just need to be patient.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 5:34 pm

Is the membership fee changing beginning February 1st? When I look at my renewal options, I see that the $150 option is good until January 31st.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
What I find disturbing is that the most relevant RA benefits are now excluded on Dezember 31st:

32. Guaranteed room upgrades for InterContinental Ambassador members and Royal Ambassador members and Club InterContinental lounge access for Royal Ambassador members are subject to availability, and excluded from the Benefits Guarantee, over the following special event periods:
a. New Year’s Eve, 31 December – Location: Global
This results in no more stays on NYE at ICs. For this year we have already booked Singapore and they have confirmed an upgrade according to the book, however, if hotels follow this clause we will go for other arrangements in future
Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
What I find disturbing is that the most relevant RA benefits are now excluded on Dezember 31st:

This results in no more stays on NYE at ICs. For this year we have already booked Singapore and they have confirmed an upgrade according to the book, however, if hotels follow this clause we will go for other arrangements in future
I think this must be at the request of only a few stingy IC's. I know that the IC I often go to on NYE would never deny me my benefits on NYE.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:23 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
Originally Posted by stimpy
I think this must be at the request of only a few stingy IC's. I know that the IC I often go to on NYE would never deny me my benefits on NYE.
doesn't help normally. I don't want to negotiate upfront or any uncertainty about which room upgrade I'm entitled to. The whole new t&c's clearly indicate where the program is heading to.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: IHG
T+C's are supposed to make things clear cut, for the avoidance of any doubt. But not IHG T+C's, which are absolutely useless.
est-gratuite likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.