Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 10, 2018, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyerTalker688786
Ambassador programme will change on 1st February 2019. This will start with Royal Ambassador's benefits. Then, all other Ambassador will have new benefits from 1st March 2019.

For Royal Ambassadors, the new benefits starts from 1st FEB 2019 will be:
  1. EARLY CHECK-IN from 10AM (instead of 8AM)
  2. ONE COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST FOR EVERY NIGHT YOU STAY [CONFIRMED AS IN GREATER CHINA REGION ONLY, On 1st March, it seems IHG quietly made a U-turn again, now this benefit only APPLIES TO IC HOTELS IN MAINLAND CHINA ONLY, Hong Kong IC hotels are excluded on the last minute U-turn.]
  3. UP TO TWO COMPLIMENTARY FULL BREAKFASTS PER DAY IF THERE IS NO CLUB LOUNGE
  4. UPTO 50USD/200RMB/400HKD MINIBAR CREDIT PER DAY (200USD/800RMB/1600HKD PER STAY MAX)
  5. WAIVED DESTINATION/AMENITY FEES
  6. COMPLIMENTARY WEEKEND NIGHT CERTIFICATE WITH E-DELIVERY
  7. AMBASSADOR BENEFIT GUARANTEE (See below)
  8. [Officially Added Benefits] FREE NIGHTS AT AN IHG PROPERTY (capped at 70K points value)
  9. [Officially Added Benefits] HERTZ GOLD PLUS REWARDS PRESIDENTS' CIRCLE MEMBERSHIP

For all other Ambassadors, the new benefit starts on 1st MARCH 2019:
  1. GUARANTEED PLATINUM ELITE STATUS IN IHG REWARDS CLUB
  2. ONE COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST FOR EVERY NIGHT YOU STAY <== Only for Greater China Stays !
  3. COMPLIMENTARY WEEKEND NIGHT CERTIFICATE WITH E-DELIVERY
  4. WELCOME FRUIT PLATTER (instead of welcome fruits and gifts) <== Only for Greater China Stays !
  5. AMBASSADOR BENEFIT GUARANTEE
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS FOR STAYS IN GREATER CHINA ONLY:
• One complimentary breakfast every night you stay
• 15% discount on restaurants and bars

AMBASSADOR BENEFIT GURANTEE work as bellow:
  1. Guaranteed Room Upgrade: Member must be given a food and beverage or Spa credit up to USD50, or 10,000 IHG Rewards Club points per stay, applies to InterContinental Ambassador and Royal Ambassador only;
  2. 16:00 (4p.m.) Late Check-out: Member must be given a food and beverage or Spa credit up to USD50, or 10,000 IHG Rewards Club points per stay, applies to InterContinental Ambassador and Royal Ambassador only;
  3. New Club InterContinental Lounge Access or alternative Club experience: Member must be given a food and beverage or Spa credit of USD100 per night, not exceeding the Club InterContinental upgrade supplement value, applies to Royal Ambassador only.
Print Wikipost

Changes to Ambassador from 1st March 2019 (now confirmed)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2019, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by BaconSF
I think I accidentally threw away the paper cert. are they able to issue a new one ?
You can ask but unlikely.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by JetAway
You can ask but unlikely.
they said they’re going to ship a new one!
Old Mar 1, 2019, 4:48 am

Programs: BA GGL
Hello. My IHG Ambassador membership expired in December, but the website (and hotels, when I check in) still seem to recognise me as Gold Ambassador. I was planning to renew after the changes kicked in this month, but as I'm apparently still a member (!?) will I be moved over to the IHG Platinum status shortly?
Old Mar 1, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by goliath
Another question regarding yesterday's e-mail:

My accounts still shows Gold status today. Did anyones account actually get upgraded?
Update: my account was now upgraded to Platinum today. ^
Old Mar 1, 2019, 2:48 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Possibly a stupid question and may already have been answered, but here goes!

For the “
Guaranteed one category room upgrade“

Is this just at IC properties or all IHG group properties?
kodyandgracie likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 3:41 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by adobbing
Possibly a stupid question and may already have been answered, but here goes!

For the “
Guaranteed one category room upgrade“

Is this just at IC properties or all IHG group properties?
For Ambassador, IC only.
For Platinum/Spire, all IHG group with exceptions and also strict terms and conditions [i.e., don't expect anything].
Old Mar 1, 2019, 3:46 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by chongcao
For Ambassador, IC only.
For Platinum/Spire, all IHG group with exceptions and also strict terms and conditions [i.e., don't expect anything].
How about Ambassador Spire Elite?
Old Mar 1, 2019, 4:21 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by adobbing

How about Ambassador Spire Elite?
For IC hotels, they only care Ambassador or Royal Ambassador.

For non-IC IHG hotels, they only care if you are Platinum or Spire.

Ambassador system only works in IC, so only Ambassador guaranteed for one level upgrade. Spire Ambassador is guaranteed one level only, although sometimes some nice ICs may upgrade two levels.
ginmqi likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 5:30 pm

I'm a new Club member (looking to purchase up to Ambassador status), should also get Platinum Elite with my chase IHG card

Look over the new Ambassador program benefits starting today, it looks like there is no guaranteed Club/Lounge access if you're an ambassador (aka, free breakfast perk) unless you're RA.

I'm looking to stay at IC Saigon in April, will likely have Ambassador + Platinum Elite status, but I assume I have to book a club room to get the lounge access (which I see seems to not able to be booked via pts when I looked....other rooms are bookable via pts or pts+ cash, Club room only shows cash rate).

What are the chances of booking say a higher level king room (corner room) and then get the room upgraded into a club room upon checkin as ambassador? Or would it be a paid upgrade at checkin? Or is it more likely property dependent/YMMV kind of situation?

Thanks for any insights
Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:44 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Originally Posted by ginmqi
I'm a new Club member (looking to purchase up to Ambassador status), should also get Platinum Elite with my chase IHG card

Look over the new Ambassador program benefits starting today, it looks like there is no guaranteed Club/Lounge access if you're an ambassador (aka, free breakfast perk) unless you're RA.

I'm looking to stay at IC Saigon in April, will likely have Ambassador + Platinum Elite status, but I assume I have to book a club room to get the lounge access (which I see seems to not able to be booked via pts when I looked....other rooms are bookable via pts or pts+ cash, Club room only shows cash rate).

What are the chances of booking say a higher level king room (corner room) and then get the room upgraded into a club room upon checkin as ambassador? Or would it be a paid upgrade at checkin? Or is it more likely property dependent/YMMV kind of situation?

Thanks for any insights
You might get upgraded to a Club Room but will not be given Club Lounge access unless you pay for it.

As per the Ambassador T&C's:

15. The InterContinental Ambassador guaranteed one room category upgrade excludes the Club InterContinental Experience/Club InterContinental lounge access. Should a member’s original room purchase be one category lower than an advertised Club InterContinental room/suite category, the member will be assigned the one category upgrade without the Club InterContinental Experience/Club InterContinental lounge access.

mxm135
ginmqi likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 9:44 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Checked into IC Downtown LA today. Welcomed as Spire Ambassador and given a one category upgrade, but no other benefits provided or mentioned (no fruit or water in room, no mention of the $20 credit, etc). I’ll charge to the room and see what happens re $20 on check out. It just doesn’t feel as hospitable as having the welcome amenities in the room.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by MXM135
You might get upgraded to a Club Room but will not be given Club Lounge access unless you pay for it.

As per the Ambassador T&C's:

15. The InterContinental Ambassador guaranteed one room category upgrade excludes the Club InterContinental Experience/Club InterContinental lounge access. Should a member’s original room purchase be one category lower than an advertised Club InterContinental room/suite category, the member will be assigned the one category upgrade without the Club InterContinental Experience/Club InterContinental lounge access.

mxm135
Ah I see. Thanks for that. Looks like I'll have to just keep looking at the club room rate vs standard rooms.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 11:37 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by goliath
Update: my account was now upgraded to Platinum today. ^
My GFs too. An entry on 28 Feb in account activity shows the upgrade.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 2:16 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by davidw70
Checked into IC Downtown LA today. Welcomed as Spire Ambassador and given a one category upgrade, but no other benefits provided or mentioned (no fruit or water in room, no mention of the $20 credit, etc). I’ll charge to the room and see what happens re $20 on check out. It just doesn’t feel as hospitable as having the welcome amenities in the room.
That is when Ambassador benefit guarantee should work. Make sure you mention this on check out, better to talk to a manager for it. And be prepared to show him the benefit page of Ambassador.
ginmqi likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 6:23 am

Programs: IHG Spire Am Elite, HH Diamond, BonVoy Gold Elite, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, StarAlliance Gold
hi, can anyone confirm what happenes to the spire Elite ambassador Status when you renew and the Spire elite part of this was always coming from the renewal of ambassador and not from the nights spent?
my Ambassador will expire on april 1st and to be honest i am not impressed with the "benefits" in the past and of course less impressed with the changes and would only extend it one more time if i can keep the spire elite part be doing this.
i am also HH diamond and SPG Gold elite and most of the time i got better treatment by them then by IHG

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.