Intercontinental London Park Lane

One Hamilton Place / Park Lane,
Mayfair, London W1J 7QY,
United Kingdom
Tel +44 20 74093131

Link to hotel:
http://parklane.intercontinental.com/

Next tube / subway station:
Hyde Park Corner served by Piccadilly Line (serving LHR)
Green Park served by Piccadilly Line, Victoria Line and Jubillee Line

Does not honor Royal Ambassador Benefits on award stays

Older discussion about this hotel:
(url=http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador/1836668-ic-london-park-lane-master-thread-archive-tread.html]Archive Thread[/url]
Print Wikipost

IC London Park Lane Master Thread (Archive Tread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2007, 2:31 pm

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by JAT74L
Hmm. So are they saying we need to book a Jnr Suite to get an U/G to a one bedroom suite as RA?

A one level upgrade in other words.
Hi, that seems to be the gist of the situation. When I asked though if I could pay for an upgrade to the one bedroom suite, I was still told that they weren't available even though I had seen them all week as available. Wanted to do a hotel tour, but didn't really want to spend too much time in there as my partner was too keen on returning to the minibar.

My dilemma at the moment is where to spend another two BOGOF's in Europe. Amstel looks good and I am also looking at Cannes. London is available but I think the RA treatment there isn't going to be as good as some of the others.

Got 60 days coming up at a CP and will need some downtime and some pampering.

Any ideas?
Old Apr 3, 2007, 1:58 am

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Virgin Flying Club Silver, ICH Royal Ambassador
The one bedroom suites ARE available.

Manager told me they had 6 ready and when I got bumped up there I got the impression that they were all in use, so don't settle for the fob off at front desk.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 2:29 am

Programs: BA , HH, PC RA
Originally Posted by andrewmcharlton
The one bedroom suites ARE available.

Manager told me they had 6 ready and when I got bumped up there I got the impression that they were all in use, so don't settle for the fob off at front desk.
What room did you book to receive the 1 bed suite?
When I was there last week I was told that a studio suite was needed to be booked to receive the 1 bedroom suite.

Perhaps in your case no exec rooms or studio's were available.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 4:01 am

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Virgin Flying Club Silver, ICH Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by swissytrader
What room did you book to receive the 1 bed suite?
When I was there last week I was told that a studio suite was needed to be booked to receive the 1 bedroom suite.

Perhaps in your case no exec rooms or studio's were available.
See posting earlier re visit.

The rooms were allegedly "just finished and not for booking" when I checked in but when I went up to the exec floor it was clear they were all being used and available and I obviously wasnt the first to use that room.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 5:25 am

Programs: IHG Ambassador & Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
Is the IC London fully open??

I have a stay booked at the IC London in late May - I know the hotel had a soft opening late last year, but was supposed to have a grand opening in the Spring of 2007. Postings on this thread suggest the hotel was still not fully reburbished in early April. Does anyone know the current position? - Is work still being undertaken? Thanks MTM
Old Apr 25, 2007, 10:37 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador
Am staying there at the a few times in May, will let you know.

Regards,

Kwokbert
Old Apr 25, 2007, 5:01 pm

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by melvin the mole
I have a stay booked at the IC London in late May - I know the hotel had a soft opening late last year, but was supposed to have a grand opening in the Spring of 2007. Postings on this thread suggest the hotel was still not fully reburbished in early April. Does anyone know the current position? - Is work still being undertaken? Thanks MTM

(Based on a stays over the last month or so - last stay earlier this week)

Spa (and gym) are not yet open (the gym in the nearby Metropole is available for guest use).

Still quite a lot of work going on getting the rooms up and running.

Chatting to the desk staff they say everything should be on-line by June-ish.

The best rooms currently available appear to the one-bedroom suites (not sure how many of these are in use but the ones on the 7th floor have balconies and great views over Hyde Park or central London).

Strange variability in the mini-bar contents - may be based on past consumption

Overall a great place to stay - the Hilton Park Lane has lost quite of my London nights since Christmas....

-- Dambus
Old May 4, 2007, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
I was told the lounge should be open end of May, Grand Opening time. Though there was a tremor of doubt in the voice.

Bad news is access costs £80 per room, i.e. not an RA perk. And I guess you'll have to add VAT on that...
Old May 4, 2007, 4:22 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Bad news is access costs £80 per room, i.e. not an RA perk. And I guess you'll have to add VAT on that...
As some of you might say, "Sod all!" With VAT almost $200- assuming per night? Makes you wonder what kind of service are they providing in the lounge.
Old May 4, 2007, 6:57 am

Programs: Hilton GLD , IC RA, Marriott PLT, Avis FIRST
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I was told the lounge should be open end of May, Grand Opening time. Though there was a tremor of doubt in the voice.

I was given the impression for a hotel rep through email that any suite entitled you to Club access, whether booked or upgraded to. Also see below for different suite options, does anyone have any personal experience with these rooms?

Studio Suites
Studio Suites feature a generously sized open plan space with a stylish blend of contemporary and neo classical design and cutting edge technology from Bose Sound Systems to B & O Flatscreen TVs.

One Bedroom and Luxury Suites
The superbly appointed spacious suites offer an elegant fusion of beautiful neo-classical and contemporary design plus cutting edge technology from Bose Sound Systems to B & O Flat screen TVs.

The Wellington Suite
A stunning suite featuring indulgent furnishings in rich, dark woods, leather and exquisitely beautiful hand-selected fabrics. The Windsor Suite is a fusion of design creating a clean classic feel with a shot of luxury. The niches in the living room are laced with leather tiles, and the dining room is elegant with a hand-tufted rug anchoring the art deco table. Walnut joinery and furniture enhance the sophisticated and timeless decor.

The Cinema Suite
The suite has a viewing room with an oversize LCD screen and accommodates 6 persons. The walls are covered in a deep red pleated silk wall-covering to help stimulate a theatre-going experience. Fabrics have been selected to support the indulgence and comfort of the furnishings.

The London Suite
The incredible apartment style suite boasts breathtaking views of London and has been designed to make the most of the dramatic vistas, with a floating staircase and a novel degree of transparency between spaces, in the style of an ultra-luxurious loft. Walls and floors are clad in wedge wood and macassa ebony, lighter in colour yet with beautiful warm tones, while the stylish, contemporary furnishings are luxurious yet put together in a beautifully understated manner with modern colours and leather.

The Royal Suite
A 1,926 sq ft regal suite features luscious hand-selected fabrics and furnishings, including rich silk curtains, a hand tufted silk carpet, fine woven silks, luxurious velvets and Mahogany wood and leather. The elegant furniture, upholstered in rich golds, royal blues and deep reds adds a touch of opulence. The living room has a variety of seating, allowing entertainment space, dining space and work space. The bedroom features an oversized canopy bed with sophisticated headboard and draping canopy, midnight blue leather and gold intricate moulding to the frame.

Since we will no longer have a dedicated floor with club rooms, all the guests will be able to access the Club InterContinental Lounge for a daily supplement of £80 exclusive of 17.50% VAT per room, per night. If a suite is booked, access to the club lounge is complementary.
Old May 4, 2007, 8:54 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by barbecj
I was given the impression for a hotel rep through email that any suite entitled you to Club access, whether booked or upgraded to. Also see below for different suite options, does anyone have any personal experience with these rooms?

Since we will no longer have a dedicated floor with club rooms, all the guests will be able to access the Club InterContinental Lounge for a daily supplement of £80 exclusive of 17.50% VAT per room, per night. IF A SUITE IS BOOKED, access to the club lounge is complementary.
Notice it says IF A SUITE IS BOOKED, not IF YOU GET A SUITE (my emphasis). Frankly, I'm incredulous over this whole thing. IMHO, there is NFW that it is worth paying $200 per day for lounge acccess. I can often stay at the Sheraton Skyline (and sometimes the Hilton Heathrow) including room and lounge access for just a little more than what IC are asking for lounge access alone. This hotel is not the second coming! I'm also incredulous about places like the Marriott County Hall which seems to want an absurd amount of money. I know it is "location, location, location" but enough already!
Old May 4, 2007, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by barbecj

Sorry - I didn't give the full picture, just the picture within my spend-per-room range The story was that "full suites" (which I took to exclude the junior suites, which turn out to be big rooms with a sofa) DO get lounge access. And at around £500 and up PLUS VAT, you might expect the odd canape to be thrown in

Just how negotiable they might be in terms of sacrificing upgrades for lounge access will no doubt be explored by those who value the canape thing.

BTW what is it with London hotels and VAT - VAT inclusive is the rule in general in UK. It's not as though VAT were one of those escapable extras...
Old May 8, 2007, 6:13 pm

Not open to July??

Yesterday I checked on the website that studio suites were available from 16th May. However, when I checked today, none of these suites are available until 2nd July.

I wonder if that means the lounge or other suites also won't be available until later in the year. Spring has turned into summer!!
Old May 9, 2007, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I'm sure this policy of restricting lounge access will turn out to be a big mistake. Last time I was at LeGrand (weeknight) there were only ever 4-5 people in the lounge - and this is for a hotel that has club floors.

People staying in suites at the IC are unlikely to need to spend much time in the lounge - they've already got a full suite to lounge around in. And I would struggle to justify £95 (inc the VAT) if I was staying with work, and I certainly wouldn't spend that out of my own pocket. The only exception would be if it turns out they have an unparalleled collection of fine wines and champagnes!
Old May 9, 2007, 8:57 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by Raffles
I'm sure this policy of restricting lounge access will turn out to be a big mistake. Last time I was at LeGrand (weeknight) there were only ever 4-5 people in the lounge - and this is for a hotel that has club floors.

People staying in suites at the IC are unlikely to need to spend much time in the lounge - they've already got a full suite to lounge around in. And I would struggle to justify £95 (inc the VAT) if I was staying with work, and I certainly wouldn't spend that out of my own pocket. The only exception would be if it turns out they have an unparalleled collection of fine wines and champagnes!

Tough choice for RA's. Free mini-bar in the room or £95!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.