Intercontinental London Park Lane

One Hamilton Place / Park Lane,
Mayfair, London W1J 7QY,
United Kingdom
Tel +44 20 74093131

Link to hotel:
http://parklane.intercontinental.com/

Next tube / subway station:
Hyde Park Corner served by Piccadilly Line (serving LHR)
Green Park served by Piccadilly Line, Victoria Line and Jubillee Line

Does not honor Royal Ambassador Benefits on award stays

Older discussion about this hotel:
(url=http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador/1836668-ic-london-park-lane-master-thread-archive-tread.html]Archive Thread[/url]
Print Wikipost

IC London Park Lane Master Thread (Archive Tread)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2006, 11:44 am

Programs: PC Plat Amb, SPG, KLM Flying Blue, Lufthansa Miles&More
I thought about giving the new IC London a try in January, but when I read some of your messages it does not sound too tempting.
Last time around - OK it was the old hotel - I was so fed up with the service and the room (especially the bathroom interior) that I stopped renewing Ambassador ...

Very unfortunate that they own just one Intercontinental in London - a couple of years ago they still had the Churchhill. And the CP St. James is no alternative for me.
Old Nov 23, 2006, 12:59 pm

Programs: IC - RA, AC - SE 1MM
Originally Posted by Raffles
Here's the interesting thing, though. When I asked if the mini-bar is free on reward stays, the front desk said yes - but only for 'in room consumption'. What this seems to mean, although I didn't probe, is that if you empty it out and there are not a corresponding number of empty bottles in the bin, they reserve the right to charge you. Snacks do not appear to be free.

I guess i will start bringing some empty little bottles with me from my past non room consumption and trade them in for new full ones.
Old Nov 24, 2006, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by ClubICGirl
I thought about giving the new IC London a try in January, but when I read some of your messages it does not sound too tempting.
Last time around - OK it was the old hotel - I was so fed up with the service and the room (especially the bathroom interior) that I stopped renewing Ambassador ...

Very unfortunate that they own just one Intercontinental in London - a couple of years ago they still had the Churchhill. And the CP St. James is no alternative for me.
I certainly wouldn't avoid staying there. The rooms are lovely (small, but so are most other London hotel rooms) and you can see where the £60m went. And the generously low rates at present make it very good value.
Old Nov 24, 2006, 2:52 am

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by IC Expert
I guess i will start bringing some empty little bottles with me from my past non room consumption and trade them in for new full ones.
I find it hard to believe the maid is going to count the minatures, along with all the rest of the c**p in the bin. Surely as long as there are a few in there and it makes a nice jangling noise when rattled....

And the generously low rates at present make it very good value.
Indeed. So much so I would love to stay there before Christmas for some shopping however cannot get a single room for any day in December.

How much would RA offer for this reservation assurance I wonder? Anyone tried it?

I have visions of £400 a night or something silly.
Old Nov 25, 2006, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by flyclub
How much would RA offer for this reservation assurance I wonder? Anyone tried it?

I have visions of £400 a night or something silly.
How about £239 + VAT? Currently have a room on hold for this Friday - property sold out, but no problems getting a room via the RA Guaranteed res
Old Nov 27, 2006, 12:35 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, IC RA, AAdv Plat
Just spotted that my reservation in December has gone back to an Executive Room (my original booking) from the suite that was showing for the last few weeks. My advanced payment confirmation is now being shown as "cannot be viewed over the internet" (I can see the fully flexible tarif - free weekend night).

I guess the suites will not be available by mid December and hopefully they will only be charging me for the most basic room when I arrive. We'll see...
Old Nov 28, 2006, 6:10 pm

Programs: TK Gold, Etihad Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold.
I just stayed at this hotel as a PC Platinum member. I found the hotel to be nice, some issues with the conceirge and a fire alarm; but the staff were all friendly.

They have free coffee/tea with your wake up call that is delivered via room service, a great touch.

I talked to the director of rooms to share some of the comments I had, and he assured me that the hotel will be fully operational in March of next year, and welcomed me to come again and check out how much better the hotel will be running.

Lounge access will be 80 pounds a night; which I thought was expensive, but I was told that is average in London.

Cheers,

Timo
Old Nov 28, 2006, 10:10 pm

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Originally Posted by timo469
Lounge access will be 80 pounds a night
price for 1 person / room or 2 persons?

For 80 pounds, u can get a room at Singapore IC for a night!
Old Nov 29, 2006, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
It's actually £80 + VAT of 17.5%, so nearer to £100 !!!!!
Old Nov 29, 2006, 4:18 am

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
At last - I have a room booked for December!
Old Nov 29, 2006, 6:53 am
uk1
Suspended

It's actually £80 + VAT of 17.5%, so nearer to £100 !!!!!

For 100 squids I could take a taxi to Soho and drink a bit and have a curry and feel well and truly kormered.

I'm beggining to think it's better to do the CP St James as a plat than it is to to do the IC as an RA.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by refluxboy
Just spotted that my reservation in December has gone back to an Executive Room (my original booking) from the suite that was showing for the last few weeks. My advanced payment confirmation is now being shown as "cannot be viewed over the internet" (I can see the fully flexible tarif - free weekend night).

I guess the suites will not be available by mid December and hopefully they will only be charging me for the most basic room when I arrive. We'll see...
Mine 12.25-12.31 reverted back as well...perhaps a glitch? If anyone gets a suite upgrade for a stay using pc points, please post...
Old Dec 1, 2006, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by MIABarry
I have a reservation for 12/15 and am at the Ambassador level. How have Ambassadors been treated since the opening. Can I expect anything other than a room?
I second this request. Have any Ambassador's stayed here yet? If so, what was the upgrade? 1-level? I'm going there in June and I'd book a Royal Park Exec if I knew I would get upgraded 1 level to a Studio Suite, but if all I got was the room I booked, I'd just book at the lowest rate to save some money and probably I'd still get upgraded to the Royal Park Exec anyways...............or I'd just stay at the Hyatt Churchill (the old-IC) on points.....................

My other question: Do upgrades into the Studio Suites NOT include Lounge access, but paid rates for the Studio Suites DO include Lounge access? Because paid Studio Suite rate plans certainly include Lounge access.........
Old Dec 11, 2006, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by Matthewski
Mine 12.25-12.31 reverted back as well...perhaps a glitch? If anyone gets a suite upgrade for a stay using pc points, please post...
Any update?
Old Dec 13, 2006, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by Matthewski
Any update?
Posted this in the Christmas Event thread, but as I suspect that one will die off, probably best also to post here....

Had a tour of the property last night. Apparently they've opened up a lot of the 7th and 8th floors, but still don't have any suites available, and that isn't going to change for at least a month or so

Rooms themselves are nice - we were shown a superior on the east side of the building at the front, which had a picture postcard view of the London Eye, Big Ben etc. Nicely appointed, if a little small. The Royal Park Executive (naturally on the other side of the building) was similarly decorated, but noticeably bigger. Smellies are by Elemis, matching the Spa partnership.

Lobby and other areas of the property are done in a contemporary style - whereas the rooms have a more traditional decor (Intercontinental Chintz as the Other Half likes to call it...) - apparently they want to give guests a feel for the traditional London hotel. Got shown the entire function room offering, as well as the restaurants, both Theo Randall and the Cookbook Cafe (which apparently they want to become known as a springboard for young up and coming chefs).

No AMB/RA check in desk - there is guest relations, but they won't be handling that apparently.

RA's apparently should be told during the booking process that programme benefits won't be honoured - I mentioned that I hadn't heard anything and the member of staff said she'd look into it for me.

Looks like a great property tho - look forward to seeing the finished article

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.