Intercontinental London Park Lane

One Hamilton Place / Park Lane,
Mayfair, London W1J 7QY,
United Kingdom
Tel +44 20 74093131

Link to hotel:
http://parklane.intercontinental.com/

Next tube / subway station:
Hyde Park Corner served by Piccadilly Line (serving LHR)
Green Park served by Piccadilly Line, Victoria Line and Jubillee Line

Does not honor Royal Ambassador Benefits on award stays

Older discussion about this hotel:
(url=http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador/1836668-ic-london-park-lane-master-thread-archive-tread.html]Archive Thread[/url]
Print Wikipost

IC London Park Lane Master Thread (Archive Tread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2006, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Shuttle-Bored
RA's apparently should be told during the booking process that programme benefits won't be honoured - I mentioned that I hadn't heard anything and the member of staff said she'd look into it for me.
? Did you mean to add 'on reward nights' or ....?

I have booked a reward night already at the IC and got a room upgrade and free minibar.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
? Did you mean to add 'on reward nights' or ....?

I have booked a reward night already at the IC and got a room upgrade and free minibar.
Sorry, meant programme benefits re guaranteed upgrade to a suite (in line with their upgrade programme - e.g. book a Royal Park Executive, get upgraded to a suite). That was the only area we discussed.
Old Dec 17, 2006, 5:39 am

Programs: SQ PPS, IC RA, AAdv Plat
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...87#post6861687

I stayed there this weekend. Overall I was happy with the stay although they have a lot of work still to do on the property.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 9:46 am

Has anyone taken photos of these new rooms? care to share?
Old Jan 31, 2007, 8:28 am

Programs: Plat Royal Ambassador/HH Gold/MR Silver/Meliá MAS/Ivory Flying Blue/Basic Eurobonus/Avis Preferred
Just heard from IC Lon res staff that the Spa will not open before mid April. I have booked a stay in March but will postpone now. Will report back about my stay here at a later date.
Old Feb 25, 2007, 4:50 am

Programs: SQ PPS, IC RA, AAdv Plat
Has anyone been to this property recently? The IC website is saying the full benefits are now available to Ambassadors and PC members. Have the suites now become available?
Old Feb 25, 2007, 5:46 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by refluxboy
Has anyone been to this property recently? The IC website is saying the full benefits are now available to Ambassadors and PC members. Have the suites now become available?
You may get something more recent ... I was there a few weeks ago and park view rooms seem to be all that were available. Very small - and the one I had had no drawers!
Old Mar 18, 2007, 1:34 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Stayed there last night. Booked a Royal Park Room, the reservation on Friday showed an upgrade to Studio Suite, but by Saturday was back to Royal Park but with reduction in room rate. I was informed they are running about 2 months behind the latest schedule, so suites/spa/etc not open until May. I'd be surprised if everything is completed then, although they are working 7 days a week to complete.

Arrived 4:30 and room was not ready (late checkouts & I guess with the limited number of rooms available this is inevitable). I was given free drinks in the bar whilst waiting. Once in the room, everything smelt new, and you could see where the money had been spent. Superb rain shower (over the bath) - not huge room, but perfectly acceptable. Ambassador amenity was organic English apples, water & boiled sweets.

Breakfast excellent - some cooked items were on buffet basis, but chef on hand to make omlettes, fried eggs, waffles, etc.

Looking forward to returning and getting the upgrade I had hoped for.

Last edited by davidw70; Mar 28, 2007 at 3:46 pm Reason: remove photos as needed web space!
Old Mar 18, 2007, 5:08 pm

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador
Hey, got a stay in the IC London at the end of the month. I'm already starting to get nervous as the last time I stayed at the start of the renovations, we were woken both Saturday and Sunday morning right at 0800!! To which Ambassador received a complaint which was met with a Free B&B stay at any IC, which, as usual with Ambassador CS was very satisfying. But, now I find out the the Spa etc. from davidw70 isn't open yet and they are still working on the renovations! Aaarrgghhh. Hoping my RA upgrade will be processed before my stay so will also let you guys know with pictures how we get on.
Excellent feedback so far guys and thanks to davidw70 for the up to date comments, sorry to hear you didn't manage to sneak the suite.

Last edited by kwokbert; Mar 18, 2007 at 5:09 pm Reason: typo
Old Mar 23, 2007, 1:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, VS Gold, IHG Plat, HH Gold.
I'm staying at the London IC tonight. I've booked a Royal Park Exec room and emailed the hotel to enquire about RA upgrade in advance. I was told that the room I have booked is the best available - which was true at the time but I now see that one bedroom suites are available so I'm still hopeful.

I thing I have noticed is that my rate has dropped from £219 to £179 (the cheapest room rate) which is interesting.

I intend to take a lot of photos and will do a report on my return.
Old Mar 23, 2007, 4:26 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by JAT74L
I'm staying at the London IC tonight. I've booked a Royal Park Exec room and emailed the hotel to enquire about RA upgrade in advance. I was told that the room I have booked is the best available - which was true at the time but I now see that one bedroom suites are available so I'm still hopeful.

I thing I have noticed is that my rate has dropped from £219 to £179 (the cheapest room rate) which is interesting.

I intend to take a lot of photos and will do a report on my return.
Unfortunately, it sounds as if your "upgrade" is now the same room at a cheaper rate. Hope you still get your hoped for upgrade. If so, eager to hear if suite upgrade includes free club access or not...
Old Mar 23, 2007, 4:41 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by davidw70
Stayed there last night. Booked a Royal Park Room, the reservation on Friday showed an upgrade to Studio Suite, but by Saturday was back to Royal Park but with reduction in room rate. I was informed they are running about 2 months behind the latest schedule, so suites/spa/etc not open until May. I'd be surprised if everything is completed then, although they are working 7 days a week to complete.

Arrived 4:30 and room was not ready (late checkouts & I guess with the limited number of rooms available this is inevitable). I was given free drinks in the bar whilst waiting. Once in the room, everything smelt new, and you could see where the money had been spent. Superb rain shower (over the bath) - not huge room, but perfectly acceptable. Ambassador amenity was organic English apples, water & boiled sweets.

Breakfast excellent - some cooked items were on buffet basis, but chef on hand to make omlettes, fried eggs, waffles, etc.

Looking forward to returning and getting the upgrade I had hoped for.

Attached some photos:
http://www.photobox.co.uk/slideshow/..._album=5177076

Dear David,

Thanks for sharing the photographs of the royal park room - the property looks very nice. Just one small concern. From what others have said, the royal park room is bigger than the inner court or mayfair - is this correct?

If so, want to avoid the smaller rooms at all costs, just like with the classic rooms at Le Grande;-)

Look foward to hearing more about relative size and layout of the studio suites and 1 bedroom suites when someone has something to share. Particularly interested in learning if suite upgrade (even to studio) includes club access.
Old Mar 24, 2007, 10:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Originally Posted by Club_IC
Dear David,

Thanks for sharing the photographs of the royal park room - the property looks very nice. Just one small concern. From what others have said, the royal park room is bigger than the inner court or mayfair - is this correct?

If so, want to avoid the smaller rooms at all costs, just like with the classic rooms at Le Grande;-)

Look foward to hearing more about relative size and layout of the studio suites and 1 bedroom suites when someone has something to share. Particularly interested in learning if suite upgrade (even to studio) includes club access.
Hi, just a word of caution, I stayed at the hotel last week, and arrived at 10 am. My upgraded room (Royal Park) was not available. Instead they told me they would place me in a holding room until the Park Room was ready. Since I was only going to stay one night, I told them I would be happy with the holding room for the full time. At this point, noth desk agents told me the room was a regular room and small, and that I really wanted the Royal Park Room. The holding room indeed was on the small size and is the same room in David's pictures. oreover, the classic room (holding room) was very noisy because of construction (Friday around 10-noon). At noon, my Royal Park Room was ready on the 4th floor, and it was at least twice the size of the Classic room with flat screen tv, large bathroom, large marble floor entry hallway.

I would advise you for the time being to stick with booking the classic room if you are RA, and you will be upgraded to a Roayal Park.

RC access was listed at 80 pounds on the registration card. Not sure if the club has opended yet.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 4:52 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Not sure I can add much more. I was told when I booked the Royal Park rooms were slightly bigger; the main difference however was the view.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 2:20 pm
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
The Club is not yet open as per my discussion with the agent yesterday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.