Intercontinental London Park Lane

One Hamilton Place / Park Lane,
Mayfair, London W1J 7QY,
United Kingdom
Tel +44 20 74093131

Link to hotel:
http://parklane.intercontinental.com/

Next tube / subway station:
Hyde Park Corner served by Piccadilly Line (serving LHR)
Green Park served by Piccadilly Line, Victoria Line and Jubillee Line

Does not honor Royal Ambassador Benefits on award stays

Older discussion about this hotel:
(url=http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador/1836668-ic-london-park-lane-master-thread-archive-tread.html]Archive Thread[/url]
Print Wikipost

IC London Park Lane Master Thread (Archive Tread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2007, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by zpoppy
From the size of the recent 1 bedbroom suites I've stayed in it felt like they had just built a wall in some of the larger studios to make it a 1 bedroom
So you're telling me that the 1-bedroom suites you've gotton here are actually a separate bedroom with a wall between the bedroom and the sitting room? Because even though they claimed my room was a 1-bedroom suite, it was all in one room, much more of a "Studio Suite" IMHO. It had a sofa and 2 sitting chairs and then a desk with another chair. But the bathroom was TINY, I could barely take a crap in there without hitting the tub on one side of me and the sink on the other side. Lots of large sized bottle of Elemis though. ^
Old Jul 29, 2007, 2:13 am

Programs: ICH Plt Royal Amb, Hertz 5*, Hyatt Plat, HHons,
Originally Posted by gregorygrady
So you're telling me that the 1-bedroom suites you've gotton here are actually a separate bedroom with a wall between the bedroom and the sitting room? Because even though they claimed my room was a 1-bedroom suite, it was all in one room, much more of a "Studio Suite" IMHO. It had a sofa and 2 sitting chairs and then a desk with another chair. But the bathroom was TINY, I could barely take a crap in there without hitting the tub on one side of me and the sink on the other side. Lots of large sized bottle of Elemis though. ^
Definitely a wall between the one bedroom suites, some with just one door and smaller bathroom, and others on the park side with double doors opening into the lounge, these have a larger bathroom with bidet and tub and separate shower although the rooms were still small. Sounds like you were duped.
zpoppy
Old Jul 29, 2007, 2:48 am
uk1
Suspended

Winners Dinners

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/lif...cle2158166.ece
Old Jul 29, 2007, 3:34 pm

SWMBO & I ate there the first week it was open...and all the meals were 1/2 price ^^^ and the hotel itself only had 1 floor (the 8th) open as well...and free drinks in the lounge as compensation for the disruption!

Wonderful food...excellent service...including that by the wine waiter...!!!
Old Aug 2, 2007, 7:05 am

When did the upgrades and/or changes show up in your reservations? I have reservations starting this Saturday for 5 nights and my reservation still shows the Royal Executive Room that I booked. There is a studio suite still available for all of my days but they haven't changed my reservation yet on line.
Will I see anything change on my online reservation?
Old Aug 6, 2007, 10:27 am

Programs: BA Gold PC Plat Hilton Gold
Have any Royal Ambassadors stayed using points for the whole stay. If so what upgrade did you receive and were full Royal Ambassador benefits granted. Many thanks for any feedback.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 3:50 am

Programs: ICH Plt Royal Amb, Hertz 5*, Hyatt Plat, HHons,
Originally Posted by Dave S&V
Have any Royal Ambassadors stayed using points for the whole stay. If so what upgrade did you receive and were full Royal Ambassador benefits granted. Many thanks for any feedback.
I've had pay one use two on points and was told that points was only inner court standard room only and that I would have to move after first night, they forgot so I stayed put, well I wasn't going to remind them was I :-)
zpoppy
Old Aug 10, 2007, 3:22 am

Programs: BA Gold PC Plat Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Dave S&V
Just checked the reservation on line and have been upgraded from Inner Court Room to Royal Park Executive Room. I hope the mini bar is free as well.
Old Aug 30, 2007, 11:49 am
uk1
Suspended

Am I still the only person that is totally perplexed by the IC Londons AMB/RA policies against what is expected.

Some have implied that AMB are entitled to a 1 level upgrade and RA's 2 levels. But from reading the T's and C's I cannot see any explicit differentiation. Also it seems that if RA's book Inner Court they may get Royal Park Exec Room. But this is simply the same room with a better view. I've stayed several times and I've got what's called a Mini Suite. This seems to be a room with an extra inch. It seems to make no difference if I book Inner Court or Royal Park Exec - I still get a Park view room with an extra inch. I'm not certain I'm prepared to book a mini suite to get a full suite - because this also doesn't appear to happen often.

Has anyone who has stayed often enough worked out yet what you should book to get what?
Old Aug 30, 2007, 12:21 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by uk1
Am I still the only person that is totally perplexed by the IC Londons AMB/RA policies against what is expected.

Some have implied that AMB are entitled to a 1 level upgrade and RA's 2 levels. But from reading the T's and C's I cannot see any explicit differentiation. Also it seems that if RA's book Inner Court they may get Royal Park Exec Room. But this is simply the same room with a better view. I've stayed several times and I've got what's called a Mini Suite. This seems to be a room with an extra inch. It seems to make no difference if I book Inner Court or Royal Park Exec - I still get a Park view room with an extra inch. I'm not certain I'm prepared to book a mini suite to get a full suite - because this also doesn't appear to happen often.

Has anyone who has stayed often enough worked out yet what you should book to get what?
So, why do you continue to go back to this hotel? I'm only reading this thread because it is a train wreck.
Old Aug 30, 2007, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
If you hang out in the lobby or by the front door you can see they have a pretty high end clientèle. I would guess that they don't have much trouble booking the high end rooms, even at the last minute.
Old Aug 30, 2007, 12:39 pm
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by stc
So, why do you continue to go back to this hotel?

Weekend Certificates my dear chap ...... Weekend Certificates.
Old Aug 30, 2007, 7:31 pm

I thought the Royal Park Exec rooms were supposed to be bigger than the Mayfair/Inner Court rooms? I thought Inner Court is the same as Mayfair, but Mayfair has a better view. Then Royal Park Exec rooms have the same view as Mayfair, but are bigger? At least that was my understanding from reading this thread, but I've only stayed there once and got was I believe was a Studio Suite (although they called it a 1-bedroom suite). I think if you book a RPE room, you should get upgraded to a Studio Suite. It certainly would be nice to know what rooms are what at this hotel.
And I agree the upgrade policy is a little shady. RAs get no better upgrades as far as I can tell UNLESS they book the Inner Court room, in which case they will "double" upgrade into a RPE room.
Old Aug 31, 2007, 1:52 pm
mti

Does anyone have access to room size details? I'm booking for Christmas shopping and it's this or the Dorchester (I'm having a test night in October to make sure the IC compares, but will only be booking a cheapo room), it would be nice to know if the comparable pricing yields comparable rooms.
Old Aug 31, 2007, 2:14 pm

Programs: Plat Royal Ambassador/HH Gold/MR Silver/Meliá MAS/Ivory Flying Blue/Basic Eurobonus/Avis Preferred
The cheapest are Mayfair rooms and the next level is Exec Park view both room types are size you cannot swing a cat in it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.