Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please post your Ambassador experiences 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
IC Amstel Amsterdam

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Booked the cheapest room on points (King city view) and receive a King River View room. One cat. upgrade.

How are the rooms?

- Rooms feel spacious;
- Nice and large bathroom;
- We liked the decor;
- Amstel view is nice.

How is the exec. lounge?

N/A

What was good and what was bad?

Good:
- Half bottle of Veuve Clicquot as a birthday present;
- Nice check in with a glass of Prosecco;
- Breakfast is great (with Moët champagne, lot's of options, great river view);

Bad:
- On the second day of the stay there was a big party with lot's off loud music. Hotel is simply to small (and old) to have a big party and have seperate hotel guests;
- After 3 or 4 hours of sleep we walked into the restaurant for breakfast. We couldn't have breakfast in the restaurant because it was for the party guest only, despite the fact we reserved the breakfast in september already. After hearing this we checked out immediately.

Manager apologized, give the first breakfast for free and returned 45.000 points.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?

50/K points for this hotel is excellent. I'll return, but only if there's no other party .
Old Jan 29, 2017, 4:16 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
IC Vienna

IC Vienna

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? We booked the cheapest and were upgraded a few days before arrival to a deluxe king room. This turned out to be a lovely corner room with a city view from one window and a view of the skating rink from the other.

How are the rooms? Traditional decor. Comfortable bed, chaise longue and desk/chair. Wardrobe with two bathrobes and two pairs of slippers is in the bathroom. Kettle with instant coffee and selection of four different types of teabag plus hot choc. Shower is in the bath. The loo is in a separate room.

How is the exec. lounge? NA

What was good and what was bad? Offered marzipan chocolates whilst checking in. Given choice of 600 welcome points or a drink in the bar. We were also given vouchers for 20% off dinner and 15% off spa treatments. Welcome gift was a half bottle of red. Lovely tray with two fruits, more chocolates and a wrapped cake in the room with a 750ml bottle of still water. Breakfast was a delight. Loads to choose from and impeccable service. Well equipped gym plus sauna, steam room and freezing cold plunge pool. When we checked out, the marzipan chocolates were offered again. My son said yummy, at which point the check in colleague disappeared out the back and returned with an entire box of chocolates which he presented to my son.
Pity there was no swimming pool.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? We paid a rate of just over £100 which we thought was good value.

Last edited by MrsW; Jan 29, 2017 at 6:27 am Reason: Added check out experience
Old Jan 30, 2017, 1:50 pm

Programs: MUCCI Classe des Flatteurs Preferes, LH SEN, BA silver, IHG Gold, Accor Gold
Intercontinental Madrid

Intercontinental Madrid

Booked and paid € for an executive double deluxe and received what I think was an executive double delux. On checkin I was told that it was an upgraded room. If it was upgraded, I think it was a better room in the same category.

How are the rooms?
Decor was elegant. I had a funny shaped room on a bend in the building. I wasn't that keen but my partner was thrilled with the room so I didn't ask to change.

Lovely marble bathroom with dual sinks, separate lavatory and separate bath and shower. Toiletries were L'Occitane.

How is the exec. lounge?
N'a

Wasn't that overly impressed with the funny shaped room that I was apparently upgraded to, but regularly shaped rooms wouldn't have this problem.

Liked the 3 chocolates for the welcome gift (possibly too easily pleased if chocolate is involved) and complimentary water being refreshed daily. Location is good. Staff were friendly.

Good value and I would return next time I'm in Madrid.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 6:05 am

IC Davos

Previous stays here (summer) and here (ski pre-season).

IC Davos

Booked basic room on a steeply discounted corporate rate special; received deluxe room (1 cat upgrade) with Club access (but see below).

How are the rooms?

Beautiful as always, especially with the snow cover in view now from the windows / balcony

How is the exec. lounge?

Argh! I was comped access and did not realize until Happy Hour was over, so cannot comment on the offerings, but it was my first time inside the space and architecturally was interesting (in keeping with the rest of the hotel).

good:

Pretty much everything - December was already a spot-on stay, but this one surpassed it:

- Welcome gift was the standard box of 6 chocolates, fruit platter
and seasonal extra was local honey
- New "Snow Lounge" at the bottom of the Parsennbahn with nibbles and drinks available (keep key card for access)
- Comped Club access (even though I didn't use)
- free mini bar
- Great breakfast
- shuttle service on time and also on demand - very easy slope access
- In/out pool and sauna
- Not under the control of the hotel, but slopes were great too despite lack of recent snow, even on the lower valley runs

bad:

Only tiny comments:
- I wish I'd been told about the Club access on check in rather than in the Welcome letter, which I rarely open!
- Ditto the Snow Lounge
- Not a complaint but rather amusing, front desk goes out of the way to remember preferences and prepare things like the Davos transport card in advance. The problem is, I've visited 3 times with completely different people. So stay number #2, the boyfriend's card had been printed as my father. This stay, a (female) friend was printed as the boyfriend and the welcome letter addressed to us as a couple as well! Gave me a good laugh.

Exceptional at the rate I paid. Good value at even double. Will probably be back in a couple of weeks, snow conditions depending. This is my second home in Switzerland, for sure.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 8:03 pm

Programs: Southwest, AA, Starwood, MR
IC Presidente Cancun

Booked: 2 nights (weekend BOGO) - King Oceanfront; 1 night on points (standard room)
Received: all 3 nights in King OF with Club Access

How are the rooms?
Great! Room had a great view, nice to have the bed facing the window, and the back of the shower was glass, which opened into the room, with an ocean view (I loved it, but I don't care about privacy)
Only downside was we didn't have a balcony

How is the exec. lounge?
Wonderful! This was my first IC (so first IC lounge), but it couldn't have been better. Food was really high quality, service top notch, open-air shaded view of grounds and ocean was fantastic

Good - hotel and lounge were not crowded (easy to get a chair on the beach), wide beach, great service from every staff member, lounge food/drinks, shower with a view

Bad - a little far from the airport, many rooms don't have a balcony (?)

In a heartbeat; very laid-back environment; many guests were airline staff, so didn't have to fight with partiers or families with kids
Old Feb 4, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist
IC Barclay New York

Deluxe room. Got "upgraded" to a premier room, however, upon looking at the website it was clear that room was a superior room (i.e.: a downgrade!). Upon querying at reception by asking what room I had I was told "a great upgrade to a premier room". Clearly wasnt given that it was identical to the superior room pictures online.

How are the rooms?

For a refurbished hotel, I was shocked to be woken three times on one night by the neighbouring rooms on either side. The first night by two young ladies clearly drunk talking loudly. The second night I was woken by the room on the other sides alarm going off and being snoozed for about an hour.

On the third evening whilst stood by the bedstand, I could hear the resident in the neighbouring room on the phone, I had the television on so it wasn't like I was being quiet!

Offered two x $20 vouchers for bar on arrival plus choice of 1,500 points or daily fruit and water or $20 mini bar credit. Took the mini bar credit but ended up being given free water daily.

How is the exec. lounge?

Not applicable. Although on my second night the executive lounge was being used for a corporate party all evening. Not sure whether what means the exec lounge wasn't open for the duration of my stay or if they simply closed it for the evening the party.

Good: Refurbished hotel

Bad:

Housekeeping sporadic. For example, didn't replace used shower gel so ended up with none once in shower on second day. Rubbish not cleared out of bins etc.

No upgrade. If anything a downgrade.

No notfication whatsoever that Homeland was going to be filmed in the hotel lobby.

I, hate to say it, but I would return as location is less touristy than the Times Square IC. But on the whole I thought the hotel was rather poor. Breakfast expensive, staff snooty, no real Ambassador upgrade (despite being told there was). Really the hotel is just a bed factory.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Feb 5, 2017 at 1:57 am Reason: added name of property
Old Feb 7, 2017, 1:10 pm

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
IC BERLIN

Booked 5 nights in Club Deluxe was given Club Senior Suite . I had been a bit nervous of getting a 7th floor East wing Senior Suite as that is also a Club floor upgrade

How are the rooms?
Fabulous at about 100sqm and great views over the Tiergarten . There is a guest toilet off of the living/dining room as well as full bathroom next to the bedroom. Sadly they have changed the fridges from small domestic ones to more normal minibar types, thus very little space for own items. The free minibar selection has improved to include spirits,Sekt, white wine as well as tonics and more waters.

How is the exec. lounge?
The lounge system has been changed a bit, Breakfast is as before with hot and cold buffet and egg dishes to order.
From then until 2pm there is no food apart from apples and pears. From 2'till 5 there are some small sandwiches and cakes. For drinks it is Tea/coffee ad soft drinks only(the beer fridge is covered and locked)
5-8pm the full bar is available with upgraded drinks ,a selection of 3 hot &3cold canapes can be ordered and will be served at table, on the buffet are some cheeses ,bread,crackers and relishes. Then until 11 it is back to tea /soft drinks.
I was informed this will be the new standard across IC implemented by April.
In a way I preferred it as it removed the evening feeding frenzy that sometimes happened, I understand others will be less happy as they now need to eat elsewhere.

As usual the staff were great offering to serve drinks and canapes and dealing with any other needs.
The lack of food at lunchtime is disappointing as I rarely eat breakfast and daytime service in Marlene bar can be very slow

As I have spent about 30 nights a year there since 2005 then most definitely yes
Old Feb 13, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: QF Plat, IHG RA, Marriott Plat
IC Sydney

Booked Club Eastern Harbour View, received Club Harbour Bridge View.

Welcome amenities were - 4 x fruit, a bottle of IC-branded red wine and a badge/pin of the Harbour Bridge.

How are the rooms?
Decent size, good amenities (Nespresso etc), outstanding views. A tiny bit tatty in places, and the shower is an in-bath one with a curtain! But easy to use and strong flow.

How is the exec. lounge?
In terms of views, the only ones I have been to that come close are Hong Kong and Budapest. Amazing amazing view ranging from the Bridge past the Opera House out towards the Heads. I'd heard other feedback to say that the view east over the harbour was as attractive as those over the Bridge and the Opera House, and I'd agree.

Food is ample and decent. A cold spread with lots of choice, and hot nibbles from the kitchen also offered (delicious during our stay!). Breakfast was lovely. More than enough for the average person.

Wine and alcohol pours freely during "twilight" cocktail hours 5pm-7pm. Bubbles is a local NSW brand which is OK, but not a champagne. Wines were drinkable. Cocktails/spirits available. Not self serve, but a fleet of super helpful and friendly staff were constantly passing by, and topping up. If anything, they were too generous!

At 8pm the lounge becomes a semi-public bar where a DJ plays chill out tunes. We went back for an hour or so - very pleasant, but no benefits available, it's just a bar.

It's a relatively modern building stuck onto the side of a beautiful old colonial core. Some of the internal spaces are beautiful, but the foyer/cafe are is slightly confusing.

Otherwise this is an excellent hotel, made wonderful by the location, the views, the lounge and the staff. It's not cheap...and I've never seen a super deal here - perhaps only HK is in the same price league in APAC?

So yeah - value for money? I'd say unequivocally yes. Most people who stay here in a Club room are here for a treat. And it's a very special treat for all the reasons above.

Last edited by DonPedro; Feb 13, 2017 at 7:48 am Reason: Adding title
Old Feb 13, 2017, 8:07 am

IC Paris

Booked a Club room. I've written in the past on the vague nature of upgrades at this hotel - is a view of Rue Scribe considered an upgrade over a courtyard view? And SO many room sizes and types - this was my 7th stay and I have yet to see two rooms of similar size and shape.

However on this occasion we did get a fairly large room with plenty of storage space and one comfy chair and the usual large bathroom.

How are the rooms?
As above - but in general, fantastic, if you like the style. Embroidered pillows, classy chintz, great pics on the wall. Again, as above, room shapes and sizes vary greatly. Bathrooms are mostly large.

How is the exec. lounge?
Love it! Open all day and until late. Food available almost always - and super high quality during lunch and dinner. Foie gras etc. Champagne all day! Spirits as usual in the evening. Recommend the upper level - more beautifully decorated. Staff are brilliant.

There is almost nothing bad about this place. I return time and time again - 7 stays so far and two more planned this year.

Tiny gripe would be that some showers are fairly small with limited shelf space for soap, razors etc.

Special mention for the welcome gifts they offer (Ambassadors I guess?). They've always been nice, but this time was a pack of ten postcards of drawings of Paris landmarks, which we're having framed - they're just that beautiful.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?[/QUOTE]
With the proviso that you like this style of property - always yes. I'd spend 60K points on a free night for sure. But it's the club lounge that makes this place special so pay for it if you can.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 8:38 am

IC Budapest

Booked King Superior Club Riverview - received perhaps Deluxe? In this case we didn't challenge as the room was large, and the view was the thing we paid for.

How are the rooms?
Great. Big (long). Pay for river view - magical.

We were there for New Year. For anyone planning to be in Budapest for New Year's eve - this was a wonderful place to be.

How is the exec. lounge?
Fantastic. I've seen it described as one of the best in Europe and would agree. Inside, modern. Comfortable. Never busy (we were there over Christmas and New Year).

Constant food, always fresh. Alcohol in the evening. No champagne, but in this case a Hungarian sparking or two which were really lovely.

And then - the view. There can't be many nicer views in Europe than the castle and church of Buda, floodlit up on the hill. To see that from the lounge with some amazing Hungarian food and wine is a real treat.

Great location. Couldn't be more central.

Club guests can also take breakfast in the main restaurant of the hotel, which is superb - one of the best buffets I've seen recently. Mix of high quality standard breakfast items, with some delicious Hungarian stuff too. Being fresh from Paris, this hotel also had the best croissants we tried all holiday. Truly!

Struggle to think of any negative comments.

Hugely - perhaps the best of those I've tried to date. Not sure what the points requirement of this place is, but I'd pay again - great value!
Old Feb 19, 2017, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
IC Singapore

Feb 3-6
Using AMB certificate

Booked - Heritage club
Received heritage Suite

How are the rooms?
Very nice - was extremely happy

How is the exec. lounge?
Again, very nice, quiet and attendants were extremely helpful and attentive

Good: Water bottles were replaced every day, fruit was replaced once (not sure it was supposed to be)
Bad: Doors no longer open to the balcony overlooking the shopping mall

Was an excellent value based on only paying for 2 nights out of 3, bit expensive, but would definitely stay here again.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 6:05 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
InterContinental Vienna

InterContinental Vienna

Booked a Junior Suite with two guests (the maximum allowed for this room type), although we were three. I contacted the hotel prior to booking to verify if this would pose a problem and they promised to manually change the reservation to three guests after making the booking. We received a one category upgrade to Executive Suite and the booking was modified to show four guests . Pretty sure that's the maximum upgrade possible, with upgrades to the Presidential Suite excluded in the T&C's.

How are the rooms?
The Executive Suite is about 70m., and is basically a standard+deluxe room with a connecting door. As such, there were 2 full bathrooms (toilet + shower in one, toilet + bathtub in the other). The Standard part of the room had two "full" (by US standards) size beds and a comfortable lounge chair + desk. The Deluxe part of the room had a sofa that converted to a Queen bed (very comfortable!), desk+chair, semi-sofa (not sure what this is called, it's one of those mini sofas that you can sort of sit or lie on) and a nice coffee table.

Nespresso machine, but 3rd party capsules provided. Also has kettle with instant coffee and tea for each room.

I was on the 10th floor (out of 12) and had views to two directions, both city.

Agraria toiletries in bathrooms.

Welcome amenity was a fruit platter and 1L glass bottle of still water. Water was replenished daily, but not a big deal as we had the Club. Did not open minibar.

Room was exceptionally clean and tidy.

How is the exec. lounge?
The staff was excellent, always polite and full of smiles. It's the slow season, so we almost always had the lounge to ourselves. Breakfast is provided, but can also be eaten in the main restaurant for free (highly recommended). Very light "lunch" (basically soup, bread, and some finger foods). Afternoon tea with a nice selection of cakes. Dinner was more substantial with 2 main courses, always one vegetarian and one meat + a few side dishes and appetizers. From 5PM-8PM open bar, but in our experience the alcohol was left out till 9PM and sometimes even later. The bar truly had options for everyone, ranging from 5-6 types of wine, spirits of all kinds (Remy Martin, Chivas 12yo, etc.), and liqueurs.

Between the services, there is unlimited use of the cappuccino machine, teas, fruit, chocolates, and 3 refrigerators stocked with water (still and sparkling), juices, soft drinks, and both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beer.

Truly nothing bad to report. Quality service from start to finish, with a well-trained and patient staff. Loved the decor, a refreshing change from the sterile and "corporate" modern hotels.

Cash booking. Hard for me to imagine a better deal for a 70m. room with Club access. The hotel was "that good," with my definition of "that good" being that everything was so fantastic, that I would not even bother checking other properties in Vienna and would not hesitate to book again.

Last edited by moe8555; Feb 20, 2017 at 6:28 am
Old Feb 21, 2017, 2:12 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat Amb
ICH Park Lane London

PL London
AMB using a Weekend Voucher

Booked London Exec Room to guarantee Club Lounge Access
This was shown as upgraded to Studio Suite 2 weeks before arrival
Actually received a One Bedroom Suite on the 1st floor.

How are the rooms?
Room appeared recently renovated, as the style was more modern than I had previously seen.
The lounge area provided a good space to set up a rollaway bed for our son.
I was a little worried how noisy a room on the 1st floor would be as it was above the main entrance, but other than a few police sirens it was very quiet.

Welcome amenity was a fruit platter, biscuits, 1 x Big bottle of still water and multiple little bottles on the bedside tables. All of which was replenished daily including during turn down service.

How is the exec. lounge?
The lounge and its staff really made the stay enjoyable.
Great views and great service what more could you ask for!

Breakfast is effectively a full service, you just order what you want and it will be brought to your table.
Afternoon tea was nice with a limited selection of high-quality wraps, sandwiches, and cakes, scones etc.
Evening drinks are only from 17:30 to 19:30, but the drinks are promptly served during this period and our glasses were never empty, with various topups as last orders were called. The evening service canapes are nice, but you only receive a small plate each.
You can order food from the room service menu, which worked quite well for us on 1 evening.

I really can't find any negative points.
The rollaway bed was not present on our arrival, but this was soon addressed when we mentioned it in the lounge.
A few issues with keys not working, but again this was easily addressed.

The good points are the lounge if you have the time to use it, and the one bedroom suite made for a very comfortable stay.

The London Executive rooms are not cheap, but they do guarantee club access. However, with the weekend voucher and the upgrade to a suite, the overall value was very good.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 9:24 pm

Programs: IC Spire Ambassador
IC Chicago

Note: This was actually booked very carefully using Hotwire Hot Rates - I targeted this hotel in particular, and got a much better rate. I compared the listed amenities to other hotels in the area, and tried to find identifying details in the review so as to guarantee I was getting this hotel. I then emailed the hotel staff and asked them to apply my rewards number so I could receive credit for incidental spending. I was hoping for full amenities, but did not expect them.

King Bed - my guess is, it would have been a king bed in the Grand Tower. When I arrived I was informed I had been upgraded to the Executive Tower.

How are the rooms?
Impeccably clean and comfortable. I got room 3004, which was positioned so that it had windows facing 3/4 directions (East, North & West) with magnificent views of the city. The Eastern side looks like it used to have a view of the lake before they put more buildings in between the hotel and the lake. You can still make out the lake between the other buildings, and from the bed the angle is perfect so the lake and the sky are all you see.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Good - The fitness center has better equipment than my local LA fitness. The indoor heated pool is HUGE (like, 75 feet). The staff were all amazingly friendly and respectful. Also, even though they have a card saying they only change linens every three days unless requested otherwise, they fully changed me out every day even though I made no such request. It was nice.

Bad - I don't know if I'd classify anything as bad per se. But be warned, this is the first hotel I have stayed in with a computerized mini bar. If something is taken out of its spot for 30 seconds (even if you don't consume it), you get charged. There is a very tiny spot for your own personal stuff in the mini bar, and while trying to get everything into it we knocked down like 7 other items. We freaked and scrambled to get everything back where it was XD

I think it would have been worth it even at the published price. DEFINITELY worth it at the Hot Rate price considering they still honored my Ambassador status.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 9:28 am

Programs: United PremPlat; M LT Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire A
Originally Posted by PoincianaKings
IC Barclay New York
I stayed here for 5-nights before the renovation started and received a suite upgrade after returning from 2 rooms, which were really dark. I was very happy that time, but based on this description I'm not eager to return.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.