Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please post your Ambassador experiences 2017

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2017, 5:15 am

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
IC Pattaya

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Ocean view terrace suite and received a Panoramic Ocean View suite exact same room as our last stay

How are the rooms?
Room is not a suite in the normal sense as sitting area and bed are combined however the rooms are newly renovated, stylish and contemporary. Bathroom has his and hers sinks large soaking tub and a huge rain shower which for me being 191cm tall is great as normally they are not that high. There is also a pavilion which was great for relaxing outside was able to watch a lighting storm out a sea one evening. Overall probably our favourite room of the 3 IC we stayed during our Thailand holiday
How is the exec. lounge?
Lounge is quite spacious with some nice comfortable seating and a large window with a good view out to sea. Breakfast was well cooked and tasty from the made to order menu small buffet with limited selection, evening drinks had a reasonable selection whisky sour was very good however the food offering was very limited hot canapes were nice but small and the buffet consisted of a few cold canapes which formed part of the menu provided and some cheese. Personally we don't look to make a meal out of the club as we always head out for dinner but even for us the selection is limited and the staff although friendly are not as polished as Bangkok or Hua Hin baring 2 of them which is a surprise as one of the lounge managers came from Bangkok.

What was good and what was bad?
Good:- Location / Room design / Bed / Shower / Hotel staff are very friendly service in buffet restaurant was excellent
Bad:- Limited food selection during the evening at the club lounge

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
This was a paid stay but we were happy with what we got for the price paid and will return for sure.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 3:24 am

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
IC London O2 Arena

Booked a 2 bed deluxe room and received a King Deluxe Suite (Junior Suite)

How are the rooms?
Room was in good condition modern style with everything working well usb ports for phone charging and a nice smart tv. King bed was extremely comfortable with great pillows even the sofa bed was very comfortable, bathroom was nice with a good rain shower and also a soaking tub.

How is the exec. lounge?
Did not book the exec lounge as we had other plans that did not allow time to make the most of it.

Staff were all friendly and helpful from check in to check out
Breakfast in the main restaurant was very nice with plenty of choice, Hot chocolate is great.
Location is great for the O2 and although a bit out from the centre of London the Tube and ferry are just a short walk so very easy to access.
Views of the river and Canary Wharf are wonderful.

Nothing bad

Paid stay on a weekend rate that included breakfast was very good value, already planning another stay so a big yes to returning.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 8:59 pm

IC Downtown Los Angeles

Booked a "standard" room for a couple of nights which is the only level I can book at this hotel (most others I can book any level) through a specialized IHG portal, however the rate is the same as a "deluxe" + an ambassador weekend certificate for a "superior" room. Everything was upgraded to a deluxe pre-arrival. At check in I was told I had been upgraded to the Deluxe and noted the rate I paid for the first two nights is the Deluxe rate without asking for anything further. I was then upgraded three categories to a Luxury Suite for the duration of my stay!

How are the rooms?
Outstanding. The suite is an over-sized corner room with floor-to-ceiling windows and a spectacular view of the Hollywood sign. Heavy blackout drapes that are VELCROED to the wall. Such a smart move! Motion sensors when you get out of bed to turn on a night light under the bed. Comfortable sofa with additional chairs for seating. Upscale bathroom with separate tub and WC.

The downside... and these are complaints I have at most places these days: No TV channel line up card, weaker shower pressure, no illuminated clock you can see at night.

How is the exec. lounge?
Access not given but can be booked for a $110 per room (up to two people) upsell. Got a tour of the lounge and was not impressed by the room or the spread. You can already get a 270 degree view in the lobby and the restaurant on floor 69 has a comprehensive buffet. You can not take breakfast on floor 69, it must be in the lounge.

- The lobby and amenities are spectacular. Beautiful designed space that's tranquil despite the crowds.
- Newly opened fitness center may be the best in the world. Free for hotel guests and they will be selling memberships for $150 a month/$500 initiation fee or a VIP membership for $250 month/$1,000 initiation fee that includes pool access, dining discounts and a one night stay per year. Obviously they're trying to drive revenue, but man this fitness center is unreal.
- Pool deck is enormous with full bar and food offerings as well as plentiful cabanas and sun beds. So much space for guests to use.
- Although I did not try the buffet restaurant, it's of extremely high quality.
- Comfortable premium oversized pillows
- Great concierge team willing to help with the smallest request.
- 600 points deposited as welcome gift surprise I saw when looking at my account (although others have mentioned they were offered that or free drinks and I was not).

bad:

- $7 soda in the lobby.
- Building design with the elevators. Go from Floor 1 to Floor 70 and then down to your room, or transfer on 31 which is not available all the time.
- Asked for ambassador water early day 2, had to ask again 8 hours later for that and welcome amenity. Specified savory snack in the app, was brought fruit. Welcome letter says take water from the mini bar but mine was locked.
- We were put on the VIP list by a hotel manager for a table at Spire 73 (they don't take reservations) and waited 15-20 minutes at the podium only to be seated on the astroturf seats in the middle (uncomfortable and awkward) which are open to anyone walking around.

I will not stay anywhere else in LA now regardless of what part of town I need to be in. Work out some kinks and this could be a best-in-class IC.

Score 9/10
FLYGVA likes this.

Last edited by saaveraward; Dec 15, 2017 at 9:05 pm
Old Dec 17, 2017, 6:41 am

Intercontinental London O2

Intercontinental London O2

Booked: King Club Ic
Upgraded to: Riverview Deluxe Suite

How are the rooms?
Large room, sofa, 2 cupboards, fridge/mini bar, comfortable bed.

How is the exec. lounge?
OK but not great.
Breakfast in market brasserie better.
Tea between 2-4 and alcoholic beverages with nibbles 5-7.

A comfortable hotel.
Good pool.
No bad points really.

Cheaper than IC Park Lane.
I would return.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 12:23 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
IC Malta

IC Malta

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? We booked the cheapest club room and received a two level upgrade to a Deluxe Suite.

How are the rooms? Great

How is the exec. lounge? Breakfast 6.30-11, afternoon tea 2.30-4.30, drinks/canapés 5.30-7.30

What was good and what was bad? We booked a four night stay the week before Christmas on the strength of a fab weekend spent in November. I don’t know if two stays in two months or Christmas impacted our stay but we were treated like VIPs.
Day 1 In room gift of Maltese culinary salt, two large bottles of mineral water (in addition to standard daily mineral water), chocolates, bottle of wine, large fruit bowl, Lindt Lindor turn down chocolates, informed minibar was free.
Day 2 My kids received a platter of candy (jelly tots, chocolate popcorn, marshmallows, chupa chups), I received fresh chocolates.
Day 3 My kids received a new platter of candy. I received fresh chocolates. In the evening a three tiered cake stand was delivered to our suite with mini desserts, chocolates, cakes and scones.
Day 4 We received another fruit bowl, two more large bottles of mineral water and fresh chocolates.
(We spent hours in the pool every day burning off the sugar and my kids had supervised tooth brushing morning, noon and night.)

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? We paid €136 a night which was fantastic value. My boys have asked to return.....
FLYGVA and Carel1 like this.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 11:33 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
IC Berlin

IC Berlin

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? We booked a Deluxe King and were upgraded to a junior suite.

How are the rooms? Great, our suite was at the corner of the floor. It had a sofa bed in the sitting room for my kids and a comfortable bed for me in the bedroom. There was a small dressing room leading into the bathroom with a separate walk in shower at the end.

How is the exec. lounge? Breakfast 8-11, afternoon tea (only alcohol available was champagne) 2-5, drinks/canapés 5-8.

What was good and what was bad? My welcome points posted in the morning before we had left home for the airport! There were two bottles of mineral water plus a platter with an apple, an orange, four chocolates and a jar of mixed nuts waiting for us in the room. Our in room gift was delightful. I received a chocolate Papa Noel. My kids received a Kinder Christmas pack each which contained a soft toy and large selection of assorted Kinder chocolates. There were also colouring packs in the room and kiddie amenities (crocodile soap, shower gel and body milk) in the bathroom for the pair of them. My bathroom amenities were Agraria 100ml size. There were three bathrobes and three pairs of slippers. The Tassimo capsule coffee machine came with 10 assorted capsules including tea, coffee and hot chocolate.
The location is fab - in walking distance from the zoo and aquarium which were open on Christmas Day. Handy for KaDaWe and main sights.
There was nothing bad about our stay. My youngest son was somewhat perturbed by the requirement to sit naked in the sauna so I told him we would never see the other guests again.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? We paid €452.12 for four nights over Christmas so €113 a night. We upgraded the last three nights from Christmas Day to include Club Lounge access because this was offered at €70 per night which seemed a reasonable charge for the three of us since breakfast was €35 per person and the daily spa charge was €15 per person. This seemed like excellent value for our Christmas holiday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.