FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Aug 29, 2016, 9:02 am
SwissBritMiss

IC Davos

IC Davos

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Booked 2x basic room for a family of 4 + 1 guest; received 2x deluxe rooms adjoining.

How are the rooms?

Beautiful view! Rooms did not seem particularly spacious but perhaps that was influenced by the additional bed at the foot. Large, modern bathroom.

How is the exec. lounge?

N/A

What was good and what was bad?

good:

The spa area is great with an indoor and outdoor split pool. There are underwater automatic doors to the outside! The outside view is nothing special in summer, as it is too low to see the mountainscape. But I can imagine how nice it would be in winter. Nice details in the changing areas, including bags for wet swimwear.

Service was generally friendly and efficient, especially housekeeping.

Gift was a small bag of local gerstensuppe (barley soup) to make at home - there on arrival. A fruit platter and a beautiful box of locally-inspired chocolates, in a box with the hotel's architecture embossed, was delivered later.

Prices for drinks were not bad at all - for Switzerland.

Not related to the hotel, but as an aside: Davos-Klosters has all public transport, mountain railways and cable cars for free for anyone staying overnight during summer which is a significant saving especially for non-locals. They also offer free activities from Monday to Friday, including introductory windsailing, horse-riding and paragliding lessons...

bad:

Only thing was check-in where I was made to feel a little uneasy at a couple of my family forgetting their passports - culturally you'd not carry a passport for a domestic trip in the UK... but this was minor.

Oh, and I'd have preferred drinks or points as a welcome gift instead of a lucky dip which was a free dessert with a meal I didn't intend to order.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?

For CHF175 per room in summer, it's a bargain. In fact, with the Davos-Klosters card, it makes Davos cheap in comparison to a lot of European locations. Not sure I'd pay CHF600+ in high season though - love skiing here but can do as a day trip. Maybe with the BOGOF.