FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences 2017
Old Jan 31, 2017, 6:05 am
SwissBritMiss

IC Davos

Previous stays here (summer) and here (ski pre-season).

IC Davos

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Booked basic room on a steeply discounted corporate rate special; received deluxe room (1 cat upgrade) with Club access (but see below).

How are the rooms?

Beautiful as always, especially with the snow cover in view now from the windows / balcony

How is the exec. lounge?

Argh! I was comped access and did not realize until Happy Hour was over, so cannot comment on the offerings, but it was my first time inside the space and architecturally was interesting (in keeping with the rest of the hotel).

What was good and what was bad?

good:

Pretty much everything - December was already a spot-on stay, but this one surpassed it:

- Welcome gift was the standard box of 6 chocolates, fruit platter
and seasonal extra was local honey
- New "Snow Lounge" at the bottom of the Parsennbahn with nibbles and drinks available (keep key card for access)
- Comped Club access (even though I didn't use)
- free mini bar
- Great breakfast
- shuttle service on time and also on demand - very easy slope access
- In/out pool and sauna
- Not under the control of the hotel, but slopes were great too despite lack of recent snow, even on the lower valley runs

bad:

Only tiny comments:
- I wish I'd been told about the Club access on check in rather than in the Welcome letter, which I rarely open!
- Ditto the Snow Lounge
- Not a complaint but rather amusing, front desk goes out of the way to remember preferences and prepare things like the Davos transport card in advance. The problem is, I've visited 3 times with completely different people. So stay number #2, the boyfriend's card had been printed as my father. This stay, a (female) friend was printed as the boyfriend and the welcome letter addressed to us as a couple as well! Gave me a good laugh.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?

Exceptional at the rate I paid. Good value at even double. Will probably be back in a couple of weeks, snow conditions depending. This is my second home in Switzerland, for sure.