Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 14, 2015, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
What points count towards status?

"Base points earned from Qualifying Rates paid for hotel stays, points collected from partner transactions, IHG® Rewards Club Bonus Points Packages and Meeting Rewards are considered Elite Qualifying Points and counted towards membership elite status."
  • The bonus points received for the credit card sign-up are nonqualifying towards status.
  • Points from credit card spend are qualifying points and will count toward a member's status qualification.
  • Bonus Point Packages are qualifying points and will count toward a member's status qualification.
  • Bonus points received through promos, including credit card offers, are nonqualifying points for status.

What activity resets the one-year point expiration clock (i.e., prevents points from expiring)?
  • Maintaining elite status (including via the credit card, if your card offers that benefit)
  • Any earning activity that increases your balance (including nonqualifying or bonus points), such as transfering points from programmes like e-rewards
  • Any redemption activity that decreases your balance (including an award booking that is subsequently canceled)
  • Being a dining rewards member
Print Wikipost

Change to IHG Rewards Club 2015

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2015, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
It makes one wonder exactly WHAT could be the hold up?
Old Jul 1, 2015, 2:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
It makes one wonder exactly WHAT could be the hold up?
I bet it's these three things:

1. IT
2. IT
3. IT
Old Jul 1, 2015, 2:24 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
IHG could be in the process of buying their first computer system.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by vibguy
This must be one of the worst marketed and communicated launches of a new tier level in the travel industry. I just cancelled my July stays at IC properties. It will be Hilton where I have free breakfast and guaranteed lounge access.
Hah! This doesn't even come close to the top 10. There's been much worse over the years. I think it's been handled well from a marketing communication standpoint. They got the date wrong. That sort of thing happens a lot. Not a huge deal. A cutback in elite benefits is a big deal. This, not so much. Remember that Steve gave us a heads-up months in advance. IHG didn't have to do that.

I might book more Hilton and SPG stays because of the new directive from IHG regarding no Club access for RA's. But I couldn't give a rat's you-know-what about a few extra bonus points in the month of July.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 2:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by stimpy
I might book more Hilton and SPG stays because of the new directive from IHG regarding no Club access for RA's.
Hmmm... I might be a bit tired here in the Al-Mourjan lounge at DOH, but I don't remember seeing this information. Is this something official that has been communicated?
Old Jul 1, 2015, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by johhenrik
Hmmm... I might be a bit tired here in the Al-Mourjan lounge at DOH, but I don't remember seeing this information. Is this something official that has been communicated?
Sorry, I should be been more clearer, but this was discussed in another thread I think.

Nothing was communicated to us the clients, but the directive appears to have been communicated to all Euro IC's.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 2:41 pm

Sorry, I should be been more clearer, but this was discussed in another thread I think.

Nothing was communicated to us the clients, but the directive appears to have been communicated to all Euro IC's.
Think this was touched on earlier this thread. Have to say It's not my experience at an IC so far this year or month. Which in particular are locking the door Stimpy? And you say it's policy now....know since when?
Old Jul 1, 2015, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Atacama40
Think this was touched on earlier this thread. Have to say It's not my experience at an IC so far this year or month. Which in particular are locking the door Stimpy? And you say it's policy now....know since when?
It made a lot of news in the Le Grand thread. And the management there claims it was a directive from Atlanta to all Euro IC's. I've seen posts here about other Euro IC's doing the same.

Mind you I still get Club at Le Grand, but supposedly only because I'm a very regular guest there.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 2:51 pm

It made a lot of news in the Le Grand thread. And the management there claims it was a directive from Atlanta to all Euro IC's. I've seen posts here about other Euro IC's doing the same.

Mind you I still get Club at Le Grand, but supposedly only because I'm a very regular guest there.
They tend to say that stuff a bit every now and again mind....makes us feel better when it comes back. Bit like the sweets jar.

Only one I've had issue with this year is Park lane but then my hit rate at getting club there is about one in three, and never been any higher any year.....not sure they like me much!

Rest of the locations have been fine all year.....now I'm wandering about Athens again next week :-)
Old Jul 1, 2015, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by rumbataz
IHG could be in the process of buying their first computer system.
And would you believe it, they are in luck
Old Jul 1, 2015, 4:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by IHGSteve
Hi, everyone. We're still on track to launch this month and very excited about the new benefits to IHG Rewards Club. July 1 was posted briefly on our website FAQ (and referenced here) in error and has been corrected. Stay tuned for more details soon.
Seems strange you haven't mentioned it before.

The old Mushroom syndrome eh?

Internal and external

You guys must all be as annoyed as we are.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Atacama40
Thanks for the advice LandofMiles. Did you try the rooftop one there? Looks interesting and how are they on upgrades? Seems I won't be checking in with me new tier but what the hell. Another week another hotel.

Can understand the frustration those who have shuffled the decks to stuff trips/stay in. Not sure a great deal can be done.
Yes the rooftop (sort of) Restaurant and Bar.

I paid for a club room and got a club junior suite (very odd layout but large) with Acropolis view. It was too cheap to buy the club room to risk not having club.

I am amazed you have had free club at the IC PL. I never have albeit I will avoid the club like the plague after my last experience there.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 6:10 pm

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
Hi, everyone. We're still on track to launch this month and very excited about the new benefits to IHG Rewards Club. July 1 was posted briefly on our website FAQ (and referenced here) in error and has been corrected. Stay tuned for more details soon.
Why you IHG guys don't say "Sorry for inconvenience" about this matter?
Do you think it is no problem to say "It was a error" at this moment?
At least, you made confuse not a few people. Not only guest, but also hotel staff.
I love IHG hotels coz they are so customer oriented. But you guys attitude is totally opposite.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 6:59 pm

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Mariott Platinum (UA SI) Avis First, National Executive
I strongly suspect that the hold up has to do with:

a. the integration of Kimpton in the program(me)
b. backlash for mid-year announcements, which really mess with people's planning
c. differing opinions about Ambassador and RA

I think that there will be an announcement about the new program(me) this month, but will be effective 1/1/16 to make everyone happy...
Old Jul 1, 2015, 7:48 pm

Search does not reveal where you or IHGCare updated us on the date. Please cite posts.

In the FAQ, looks like all they did was drop the "1" after "July". That's not much of a notification. But, yes, it's likely you were blindsided too, and expected to handle all the flak.

We could still be eligible as of July 1, regardless of the current IT status of the change. Can you say "retroactive"? Simple (?) batch update of stay records already in our accounts to grant the promised points. Fewer cancellations. Damage control, my man, damage control.

Could be they just haven't picked a name yet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.