Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 14, 2015, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
What points count towards status?

"Base points earned from Qualifying Rates paid for hotel stays, points collected from partner transactions, IHG® Rewards Club Bonus Points Packages and Meeting Rewards are considered Elite Qualifying Points and counted towards membership elite status."
  • The bonus points received for the credit card sign-up are nonqualifying towards status.
  • Points from credit card spend are qualifying points and will count toward a member's status qualification.
  • Bonus Point Packages are qualifying points and will count toward a member's status qualification.
  • Bonus points received through promos, including credit card offers, are nonqualifying points for status.

What activity resets the one-year point expiration clock (i.e., prevents points from expiring)?
  • Maintaining elite status (including via the credit card, if your card offers that benefit)
  • Any earning activity that increases your balance (including nonqualifying or bonus points), such as transfering points from programmes like e-rewards
  • Any redemption activity that decreases your balance (including an award booking that is subsequently canceled)
  • Being a dining rewards member
Print Wikipost

Change to IHG Rewards Club 2015

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2015, 8:05 am
Company Representative, Intercontinental Hotels

Programs: IHG Rewards Club
Originally Posted by Tojo Ralph
It was not only the website that stated July 1st was the date members with the required points/nights would reach the new level.
Hi, everyone. We're still on track to launch this month and very excited about the new benefits to IHG Rewards Club. July 1 was posted briefly on our website FAQ (and referenced here) in error and has been corrected. Stay tuned for more details soon.
See bolded text above. To be more specific, "and referenced here by IHGSteve or by IHGCare."
Old Jul 1, 2015, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by IHGSteve
See bolded text above. To be more specific, "and referenced here by IHGSteve or by IHGCare."
Without inflaming the situation Steve is there any reason no one told us rather than just amend the dates and leave us to find out. Levelling with us would create a lot more trust and respect than simply amending things and waiting for the fallout.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 8:18 am

Apologies ..... more speed less haste on my part.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by chrism20
Without inflaming the situation Steve is there any reason no one told us rather than just amend the dates and leave us to find out. Levelling with us would create a lot more trust and respect than simply amending things and waiting for the fallout.
I would go further and say that those of us who booked stays after the limited benefits were announced for stays after July 1st (as I did) can legitimately feel very aggrieved indeed. This simply is not a way to treat your most valuable customers who exceed the requirements on both nights and points significantly.

This is a shambles.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 8:32 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
You really couldn't make this up.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 8:35 am

Programs: BA LifetimeGold GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
I would go further and say that those of us who booked stays after the limited benefits were announced for stays after July 1st (as I did) can legitimately feel very aggrieved indeed. This simply is not a way to treat your most valuable customers who exceed the requirements on both nights and points significantly.

This is a shambles.
^^^
Old Jul 1, 2015, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Atacama40
Wildly off topic but yes my mickey taking aside I'm quite looking forward to IC Athens....never been before. Got a couple of weeks there. Have a club exec room booked. Any recommendations what I should be looking for room wise in an ideal? (or RA upgraded world) ... views/corners .... and any feedback on restaurants in house and lounge quality?

Apols know off topic but I'm an opportunist. Appreciate any pointers.
The in house place is very good I forget the name but sort of French/Greek Fusion with an Acropolis view and a great bar. It wasn't terribly busy last time we went though which was a shame.

We only ate there and in a Taverna place just up the road which was a typical local sort of place. The concierge had good recommendations, the lounge is good with a decent drink and food selection.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 8:56 am

Well this is the first year i've really decided to commit to a hotel loyalty programme. Before that i've only ever bothered with airline programmes. Perhaps IHG is not representative of the industry, but compared to the airlines, amateur is the word that springs to mind.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 9:26 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Hi, everyone. We're still on track to launch this month and very excited about the new benefits to IHG Rewards Club. July 1 was posted briefly on our website FAQ (and referenced here) in error and has been corrected. Stay tuned for more details soon.
When originally announced in April the date was quoted as 1st July. I mentally noted it as its only a few days before my wedding when I've got a lot of rooms booked at an IHG so was looking forward to my extra points... Then I learned of the 3 room rule, now I've learned IHG has quietly backtracked on the start date. Hopefully it's only a tech issue and all will be revealed, I'd hope shortly after 4th July...
Old Jul 1, 2015, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Even with a designated poster at FT, IHG manages not to be very forthcoming.

Well, I don't have anything until the middle of the month -- we'll see if anything happens by then.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
The in house place is very good I forget the name but sort of French/Greek Fusion with an Acropolis view and a great bar. It wasn't terribly busy last time we went though which was a shame.

We only ate there and in a Taverna place just up the road which was a typical local sort of place. The concierge had good recommendations, the lounge is good with a decent drink and food selection.
Thanks for the advice LandofMiles. Did you try the rooftop one there? Looks interesting and how are they on upgrades? Seems I won't be checking in with me new tier but what the hell. Another week another hotel.

Can understand the frustration those who have shuffled the decks to stuff trips/stay in. Not sure a great deal can be done.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 11:05 am

Programs: Amex Plat; IHG Spire Elite; AZ Freccia Alata, SPG Gold; ClubCarlson Gold; Accor Plat; BA Bronze.
***ATTENTION INTERNATIONAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCIES***

IHGSteve has been kidnapped by ISIS and is being forced to read off a prepared script. We dearly like him, and would like him returned to us, please. We are prepared to pay in points for his ransom.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by yossimills
***ATTENTION INTERNATIONAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCIES***

IHGSteve has been kidnapped by ISIS and is being forced to read off a prepared script. We dearly like him, and would like him returned to us, please. We are prepared to pay in points for his ransom.
Quality .... I start the bidding at 10,000
Old Jul 1, 2015, 11:12 am

Ugh. At least you backtracked with (barely) enough time for me to cancel my 4th of July stay. I normally give company reps a lot of room here, but really don't understand how you legitimize not stopping back in before now to tell us that the plan has changed / was never accurately communicated in the first place...

Your promos don't usually give me an incentive to book expensive stays except at IC properties, but the promise of increased points per dollar was enough to get this holiday race booking. $1000 with you "should" have been 20k points, but instead I'll end up with 40k Hilton points. I value IHG points more than Hilton points, but only getting 15k points and a dose of irritation... it's all good, the Hilton has better restaurants and I'll catch the cute HI bartender after she gets off work ;-)
Old Jul 1, 2015, 1:36 pm

Programs: BA LifetimeGold GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Even with a designated poster at FT, IHG manages not to be very forthcoming.

Well, I don't have anything until the middle of the month -- we'll see if anything happens by then.
This must be one of the worst marketed and communicated launches of a new tier level in the travel industry. I just cancelled my July stays at IC properties. It will be Hilton where I have free breakfast and guaranteed lounge access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.