Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Busted, Uh... Roll of honor for busted Plats

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2014, 2:23 pm

nah... it was the guy who emailed Barack Obama.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 10:13 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Called up and within 3 minutes got my status changed back to platinum on the basis of having a 2014 Platinum card. It is quite clear that they now have a script to read to sort of explain what happened and that they are fixing it for those who call up asking.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 6:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by GUWonder
It is quite clear that they now have a script to read to sort of explain what happened and that they are fixing it for those who call up asking.
+1. I called again about my downgraded status match (which was only valid for one month) and was immediately bumped back up to Plat, as originally promised, without any hesitation.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jan 25, 2014, 3:11 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
I had no right, nor argument to be bumped back to plat, but encouraged by recent posts decided to try and blag it...

No cigar!

*slinks back to gold cell
Old Jan 25, 2014, 11:26 pm

Programs: TK, SQ, TG, NW, PCR, MR, SPG
Originally Posted by BrightlyBob
I had no right, nor argument to be bumped back to plat, but encouraged by recent posts decided to try and blag it...

No cigar!

*slinks back to gold cell
Did you get the physical card stating that it is expiring in 2014?

For me, I have this physical '2014' platinum card, website indicates I have dropped to gold, called 2 days ago, but was unsuccessful to get reinstated. The agent keeps telling me I did not even requalify for gold in 2013, but I keep reiterating that IHG should honor what they have given. The agent even check with her superior, but *sigh*

I will probably try to call in again.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 1:38 am

Just checked wife's account which dropped from platinum to club about 10 days ago with a view to ringing and it has been automatically reinstated . She was issued with a card about last June as were many on here. The account entry says "tier level fix" and was done 4 days ago.
Looks like they may be going through accounts and reinstating those they want to keep happy or had already issued cards too .
Old Jan 26, 2014, 5:45 pm

Programs: IHG - Plat, Accor - Plat, Marriott - Gold, Club Carlson - Gold, BW - Diamond, Hilton - Gold
My account dropped from Plat to Club overnight. I have sent several mails, but got replies that I did not have enough nights in 2013 for Plat in 2014, so it stays as is.
not happy.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 8:46 pm

Hi -

So I still have Platinum attached to my account, even though I had Gold number of stays .

Am I some staying Platinum or will I wake up one day and find out I have a been demoted? And if so, any idea as to when?
Old Jan 26, 2014, 9:13 pm

Thanks for emailing Don Berg, lingua101.

Originally Posted by knobby
Just checked wife's account which dropped from platinum to club about 10 days ago with a view to ringing and it has been automatically reinstated . She was issued with a card about last June as were many on here. The account entry says "tier level fix" and was done 4 days ago.
Looks like they may be going through accounts and reinstating those they want to keep happy or had already issued cards too .
I also got the 2014 Platinum card last June, but the website still shows my account as Gold. (I haven't called or contacted IHG.) So maybe last year's comp (for me) was a mistake, but IHG really did mean to upgrade knobby's wife? Or maybe IHG is still going through accounts (manually?)

I hope we get some official communication from IHG. (Meanwhile I'm just sticking with Marriott.) What a mess!
Old Jan 26, 2014, 10:01 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by Moriens
Thanks for emailing Don Berg, lingua101.

I also got the 2014 Platinum card last June, but the website still shows my account as Gold. (I haven't called or contacted IHG.) So maybe last year's comp (for me) was a mistake, but IHG really did mean to upgrade knobby's wife? Or maybe IHG is still going through accounts (manually?)

I hope we get some official communication from IHG. (Meanwhile I'm just sticking with Marriott.) What a mess!
Morines, you are very kind to thank
thank me, unlike the other who even think I am making a joke
joke.

You guys really think it will be so easy to get reinstated to Platinum if I did not highlight this issue to Don? Those who had tried before knows what I am talking.

Got another email from Ken Fox, he said he is investigating this matter.... To be very frank I have no idea what he is investigating now as I did make complain about the mess on big win also as my direct booking has not been credited and no reply when I submit the missing point form.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 11:44 am

Programs: BA Silver
Just phoned and got my status changed back to Platinum . A great result considering I didn't have any paid stays last year.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 5:28 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Club - Platinum
Had a similar problem. Was given elite status match late last yr and suddenly found myself downgraded to gold. Just gave the hotline a call and am now restored back to plat
Old Jan 27, 2014, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
A $49/year card with a free night anywhere in the system yearly and comped Platinum status is well worth it IMHO. This may be a USA/Chase only option though?
For US based folks (sorry those not in US, I was in your boat 2 years ago) - this card is absolutely the easiest no brainer CC.

Free plat status (which since IHG is not giving away like candy maybe worth something finally)
Free night (just booked my $250/night in Japan, last year $300/night in Rome)
10% points back

Who else gives you top status for just having the card?

And are you guys really going away from IHG. Yeah their elite program stinks WRT other places like SPG, Hyatt, Hilton etc (exception RA, though this is going downhill these days) their ability to earn free nights far surpasses any program out there.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 6:56 am

Programs: IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold,VS, BA.
Originally Posted by NJNY
My first call was the same as you describe. Just call again.
Just to add another data point...

My experience was very similar. Last year was sent the 2014 Platinum Card as well as having the mystical IHG Rewards Club - PLT(G?) - 2014 appear on my account.

First call to IHG (yesterday) was a complete dead end. Spent almost 10 minutes (as well as being placed on hold at least 3 times) attempting to explain the situation to no avail. Was told in no uncertain circumstances that I didn't qualify for Platinum and my status was correct as Gold.

Convinced I wasn't barking up the wrong tree - tried again today and the experience couldn't have been any more night and day. Got connected to an excellent rep who clearly knew her stuff. In no less than 3 minutes reviewed my account, identified that there was a problem (mentioned it was to do with an IT reset over Christmas), and reinstated my Platinum status right there and then. Fantastic service.

To echo everyone else's advice, hang up and try again if you've been sent a 2014 Plat Card.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 9:37 am

Programs: TK, SQ, TG, NW, PCR, MR, SPG
Originally Posted by aerosmith
Did you get the physical card stating that it is expiring in 2014?

For me, I have this physical '2014' platinum card, website indicates I have dropped to gold, called 2 days ago, but was unsuccessful to get reinstated. The agent keeps telling me I did not even requalify for gold in 2013, but I keep reiterating that IHG should honor what they have given. The agent even check with her superior, but *sigh*

I will probably try to call in again.
An update to my own post. Just called again moments ago, and this time round I was successful. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.