Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Busted, Uh... Roll of honor for busted Plats

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2014, 4:43 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat
UPDATE: I looked all over but couldn't find my letter, but decided to call IHG Rewards again anyway. I don't know if something has changed or if I just got a good CSR this time, but I explained the situation and he confirmed that their records show the letter was sent to me on June 6th. He apologized and said this is a problem in their system which can be immediately corrected. I logged in and see I am back to Plat. This was excellent customer service, nothing at all like what I experienced the other day.

Now I can book some upcoming nights at IHG.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 4:59 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, Marriott Plat
Nice to hear, NJNY!

I hope I get the same result. I have this far sent them an e-mail, they asked for copy of the letter and I answered that I don't have it any more.

I'm also Marriott Plat so I guess I could do status match anytime I want but as a matter of principle I'd like to see IHG just honoring their promise without those extra steps.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 6:47 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by NJNY
UPDATE: I looked all over but couldn't find my letter, but decided to call IHG Rewards again anyway. I don't know if something has changed or if I just got a good CSR this time, but I explained the situation and he confirmed that their records show the letter was sent to me on June 6th. He apologized and said this is a problem in their system which can be immediately corrected. I logged in and see I am back to Plat. This was excellent customer service, nothing at all like what I experienced the other day.

Now I can book some upcoming nights at IHG.
Because I sent email to Don Berg and told him about this stupidity. Ne replied and thanks me to highlight this mistake.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by FinnishFlash
Nice to hear, NJNY!

I hope I get the same result. I have this far sent them an e-mail, they asked for copy of the letter and I answered that I don't have it any more.

I'm also Marriott Plat so I guess I could do status match anytime I want but as a matter of principle I'd like to see IHG just honoring their promise without those extra steps.
That's exactly my message to don. The fact we do have a Platinum card issued by IHG (not fake card) with expiry date of 2014, they should honor it. Full stop.

It does not matter on how many qualifying nights I have clocked in 2013 or If i still have the letter to prove that IHG has been extended the Plat status through 2014.

May be soon IHG will behave like Ethiopian airlin, who told me that I do not have a ticket even I can show them a copy od eTicket receipt which clearly show my ET ticket number.

Last edited by lingua101; Jan 21, 2014 at 7:05 pm
Old Jan 21, 2014, 8:14 pm

Programs: rapidly diminishing
Only just noticed this thread. Have been downgraded, too (even though, upon checking my emails, that my mid-month statement emailed to me yesterday says I'm still plat?!). Can't say I'm that bothered, I've pretty much given up on IHG.

I status challenged to Marriott gold last year, and appreciated the lounge access (in particular, at their Montreal property ^) - it doesn't look like I'll be making too many hotel stays this year in general, but after being pretty loyal to IHG (including putting a fair bit of work-related business their way in the last 2-3 years, for whatever that's worth - probably nothing in the grand scheme of things) I'm done with them.

We'll probably use some of our points to buy Ambassador at some point - Mrs Sofasurfer had it for a couple of years, and we got some decent value out of that, in terms of upgrades and BOGOFs.

After reading this thread, though, I don't feel I'm missing out on anything by taking my business (including the work-related stuff) elsewhere. Oh well. It was nice while it lasted.

Last edited by sofasurfer; Jan 21, 2014 at 8:39 pm Reason: added mid-month statement anomaly
Old Jan 21, 2014, 8:57 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Bundy Bear
I am another one of those with a drop from Platinum, but unlike others I went down to Club, not unexpected but like everyone else here the card says EXP 2014, and I received a brochure with the letter, I think I may have thrown away the letter but I still have the brochure telling us how good Platinum is, I will keep looking for the letter but I don't like my chances.

What surprises me is that Hilton at least runs your status through to 31 March 2014, good for them, as I do about 10-20 hotel stays a year not a lot by FT standards but a bit of status will sway my choice of hotel. Hilton Gold and above got you free breakfast and now free wifi, PC platinum relatively easy to get but no extra benefits.
I was dropped to Club as well but after one phone call nice Filipino rep fixed the problem and Im back to Platinum. No need to send any letters in.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by ThePointsCollector
I was dropped to Club as well but after one phone call nice Filipino rep fixed the problem and Im back to Platinum. No need to send any letters in.
I just called and had my status re-instated, too!
Old Jan 22, 2014, 5:32 am

I just called and had my status re-instated, too!
I'd like to know how that call went, as I was also dropped to club, though I have the Platinum card valid 2014 in my hand! I have just tried ringing, but was basically told to go away!
Old Jan 22, 2014, 6:24 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Ben_mw
I'd like to know how that call went, as I was also dropped to club, though I have the Platinum card valid 2014 in my hand! I have just tried ringing, but was basically told to go away!
My first call was the same as you describe. Just call again.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 7:21 am

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Ben_mw
She said "Let me take a look" and then came back on line and said "I fixed it. Now you have it through the end of 2014. Thanks for patiently waiting"
Thats it.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 7:31 am

Now you have it through the end of 2014
Yep, a different agent told me it was a glitch in the system and I'm now back to platinum for the rest of the year
Amazing the difference in attitude and outcome between the 2 different members of staff I've just dealt with!
Old Jan 22, 2014, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
The rep was incredibly polite, put me on hold to fix it, came back asking if I had a copy of the letter "for their records" (perhaps because they had a note in the system that they had requested that in their email response). I truthfully replied that I have been traveling, so no chance to look for it. She asked if I could tell her when the letter might have been sent, thanks to this thread I said, "June, perhaps?" which seemed to get her off the hook in terms of something to put in the case notes, back on hold I went. She came back saying it was done, and before we hung up I had her confirm that the status change was good through December.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 8:26 am

so you guys must thank me because I wrote to Don Berg, otherwise they will simply tell you based on your qualifying nights you are xxxx for 2014
Old Jan 22, 2014, 9:26 am

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Originally Posted by lingua101
so you guys must thank me because I wrote to Don Berg, otherwise they will simply tell you based on your qualifying nights you are xxxx for 2014
Seems you are a bit.. ummm...
Old Jan 22, 2014, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by olegator
Seems you are a bit.. ummm...

I am serious. If I did not send email to Don, you think it will be so easy?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.