Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promotion Discussion Thread 2014

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2014, 7:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
These three are confirmed. I updated the promo thread. The rest didn't work. Not sure about the weekend stay bonus, I'm not sure what's the criteria for this one.

ANNIVERSARY BONUS OFFER (8000) - 1000 points
NEW MEMBER BONUS (9944) - 3000 points
New Stay Bonus (4040) - 1500 points
Old Jan 15, 2014, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by foxberg
These three are confirmed. I updated the promo thread. The rest didn't work. Not sure about the weekend stay bonus, I'm not sure what's the criteria for this one.

I can confirm these three posted for me as well.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 10:06 am

Would you imagine that someone posted this on the IHG Facebook page:

"Platinum Elite Member has a question; any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I would like to know how I can find out from IHG Rewards Club all the various point bonus offers that are available. I am signed up for all of your offers. However, the only way I get notified for offers is LoyaltyLobby. There are some really great offers that came out within the last week, and I would never have known of them had it not been for LoyaltyLobby.
Thanks!"
Old Jan 15, 2014, 11:56 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Talking

"Platinum Elite Member has a question; any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I would like to know how I can find out from IHG Rewards Club all the various point bonus offers that are available. I am signed up for all of your offers. However, the only way I get notified for offers is LoyaltyLobby. There are some really great offers that came out within the last week, and I would never have known of them had it not been for LoyaltyLobby.
Thanks!"
Sounds like exactly what a typical blog reader would say
Old Jan 15, 2014, 12:32 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum

Thanks!"
How incredibly dim of that person!

Makes you wonder how many of us will take a tumble, seeing as there seems to be a lot of accounts being closed down at the moment.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by Willinahotel
How incredibly dim of that person!

Makes you wonder how many of us will take a tumble, seeing as there seems to be a lot of accounts being closed down at the moment.
Actually, she deleted the post after I politely explained to her that she's not entitled to any of those promos and suggested that she should remove it.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 1:30 pm

Thanks!"
It doesn't surprise me that someone has asked, I'm more interested in finding out whether or not someone from IHG responds and what they actually say. Although they seem to be selective at responding at the moment.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 1:44 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum
Actually, she deleted the post after I politely explained to her that she's not entitled to any of those promos and suggested that she should remove it.
Still there a minute ago

A good idea to ask her to delete it though.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 2:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Let's better close the source of evil - LoyaltyLobby
and all those pesky bloggers =)
Old Jan 15, 2014, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by Duben
AT CP Prague you receive 7OO points voucher and upgrade to club lounge.
At CP Gatwick Airport I received the upgrade to Club lounge and room, and instead of being offered a voucher, was told that 600 points would be credited direct to my account.

Took 16 days, but it was posted. A shame though, I want vouchers so I can choose which a/c to add to and round off to closest 5k when necessary.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by Willinahotel
Still there a minute ago

A good idea to ask her to delete it though.
I don't see it. Try refreshing the page.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by mowake
Every Hotel in the UK should be giving out the points vouchers, except it seems for staybridge, Every UK stay I have had in the last 3/4 Months and there has been over 100, I am offered a free drink and snack or a points voucher.

Yesterday it was confirmed that Crowne Plaza should infact be giving out a 600 points voucher - so I emailed all 4 CP that I had stayed in recently including the one in prague and within the last 24 hours all 4 have e-mailed back either a scan of a 600 points voucher or credited 600 to my account - 2400 just for chasing them up. Result.
All my UK stays have given vouchers (except 1 CP which gave a/c credit), and while we each did get for 2 x 1 night back-2-back bookings between Mrs & I at CP Brussels airport, the first voucher was given at check in with a smile, the second grudgingly when chasing at check-out with a statement along the lines of "You don't get for 2nd night of 1 combined stay, I won't discuss it!"
Old Jan 15, 2014, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by krward
do any of the codes that started last year but expired in 2014 still work? I cant remember which exactly but i had either points for 90 or 60 days that expire in March
I entered these codes last year which never gave conf emails, all listed and had expiry dates beyond 31-Dec due to 90 validity:

7641 - 1,500 Welcome Back bonus
4644 - 1,000/stay anniversary bonus for 90 days
2656 - 1,500 Welcome Back bonus
2785 - 3,000 elite next stay bonus for 90 days
4648 - 1,500 New Member bonus
3825 - 3,000 elite next stay bonus for 90 days
4777 - 5,000 Platinum bonus (expires 1-Mar, but never posted for me)

Can't say whether they'll still work or not but they're all still in the IC Master Promo wiki.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 12:55 am

Programs: IHG Gold, Herts President's Circle

Same happened to my account with a stay just posted, just these three work. (IHG gold, italian address)

Sadly no 'test market' big fat 5k bonus , but I got very lucky in 2013 with Q3 promos...
Old Jan 16, 2014, 4:18 am

Programs: 1k MM, Hyatt Diamond,Marriott Gold, IHG Sphire, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Carson Gold
I have a stay coming up next week but I entered all the 2014 codes and 13 are in my offers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.