Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promotion Discussion Thread 2014

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2014, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by freeflyin
As a data point-I was able to register using 10 of the codes for 2014. Did not receive email confirmation for any of them and 5 of them actually posted with my latest stay.
Update-my second 1 night stay posted.

Of the 10 codes I was able to register for:
Stay #1-5 bonuses posted
Stay #2-4 bonuses posted-all different from stay #1
Old Jan 13, 2014, 6:38 am

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
one stay 20,000 points, one stay 500 points...

ugh!

Last edited by view-with-a-room; Jan 13, 2014 at 1:11 pm
Old Jan 13, 2014, 6:47 am
WAS

Programs: National Parks Annual Pass
There was a 2000 point per stay code in Q4 2013 which hasn't posted yet as well. It was supposed to post later in bulk. So don't panic, don't get greedy and just be patient and be happy with what you got. You weren't targeted for most of these codes anyway, so any points at all are frosting on the cake. And can we please go back to the etiquette of 2013 and stop posting these account statements bragging how many points you got for a particular stay?
Old Jan 13, 2014, 8:03 am

Programs: IC Spire Amb, Hilton, Marriott, BA, VA.
Originally Posted by WAS
And can we please go back to the etiquette of 2013 and stop posting these account statements bragging how many points you got for a particular stay?
^^^

I agree; why does anyone do this? Why draw any more attention to these bonuses than is necessary? Nothing good can come of it.......
Old Jan 13, 2014, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by flyinhy
I'm thinking maybe it is ok to call regarding code 9990 which should post 2000 miles for EACH stay x 60 days since it is a code open to all. Any reason not to call?
I am curious if you gave them a call. I have a lot of stays coming up with IHG, so not getting this 2000 is a big deal. I am one of those that only had it show up once and then stop on the second and third stay (zero bonuses on those). System confirms that I am registered for it (not online, but when you try to register again).
Old Jan 13, 2014, 12:56 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
I'm thinking maybe it is ok to call regarding code 9990 which should post 2000 miles for EACH stay x 60 days since it is a code open to all. Any reason not to call?
You did not get the code from any official IHG communication, so IHG can rightly decide that you were not targeted, and thus not entitled to the 9990 code.

IHG will also see and query the multiple codes including 9990 for 20K+ posted the previous stay, ask how you were targeted (you can't be targeted for TEST codes) which you'll fail to pass, and IHG then remove the 20k+ you just grabbed the stay before this January as again these were not given to you by any IHG channels of communication.

Go ahead by all means, instead of being thankful, smiling and greatfully accepting the windfall, instead assume the 'i am emtitled to freebies' mindset and complain, much against the this threads advice against doing exactly that.

Instead of getting 2k, or zero as refused, you should lose the 20k + you got earlier instead.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by scubaccr
You did not get the code from any official IHG communication, so IHG can rightly decide that you were not targeted, and thus not entitled to the 9990 code.

IHG will also see and query the multiple codes including 9990 for 20K+ posted the previous stay, ask how you were targeted (you can't be targeted for TEST codes) which you'll fail to pass, and IHG then remove the 20k+ you just grabbed the stay before this January as again these were not given to you by any IHG channels of communication.

Go ahead by all means, instead of being thankful, smiling and greatfully accepting the windfall, instead assume the 'i am emtitled to freebies' mindset and complain, much against the this threads advice against doing exactly that.

Instead of getting 2k, or zero as refused, you should lose the 20k + you got earlier instead.
Ive had two stay post since the codes worked the first time. Looks like 9990 is a one and done. I have no plans of calling, I'll take the points and try again with new codes when they become available
Old Jan 13, 2014, 2:42 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mowake
Hello - need some advice please.

As a platinum member when I stay:

Hotel Indigo - I receive 1000 points voucher
Holiday Inn - I receive 500 points voucher
Holiday Inn Express - I receive 300 points voucher

Staybridge - I get a polite smile and nothing???
Crowne Plaza - told there pleased to see my a priority club member but nothing??

Both times in the plaza I was upgraded to club lounge is this what is in place of points voucher?

However staybridge giving nothing and no upgrade is this correct?

Thanks

Didn't receive a polite smile by the old man at reception, but received an upgrade in Staybridge Suites in St.Petersburg, RUS. ^
Asking for an upgrade and mentioning of Platinum Status (during booking in the remarks field) seems not to be a mistake. @:-)
And without a smile of the receptionist I can live well
Old Jan 13, 2014, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by 2boysnme
Where do I go to enter the codes you have listed here? I see the offers page, but I can't figure out where I enter a code to register for additional offers. I have read through this whole thread but figure it is something you all have known awhile so it isn't mentioned. Thanks.

https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/us/en/offers/promoreg/
Old Jan 13, 2014, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by Jasjot Sadana
When did u complete this stay ? and could u mention the promotion code number for both Test Market Offer ??
I used with my German account

3007 for ELITE MEMBER WINBACK BONUS - Test Market Offer (5k)
8994 for Welcome Back Bonus - Test Market Offer (3k)

Both of them were working well for my last week's stay Jan-05 / posted Jan-10

Last edited by MrLion; Jan 13, 2014 at 3:42 pm
Old Jan 13, 2014, 3:38 pm

Test Market Offers

Has anybody an idea what for these "Test Market Offers" are?
Is it possible that IHG wanna check via what gray markets we get codes?
I haven't seen before ?!?
Old Jan 14, 2014, 5:08 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
Just went through the list and almost immediately the below are showing on my account. Didn't bother with the weekend ones as I don't have any weekend stays coming up yet.

1,000 BONUS POINTS FOR 60 DAYS Award Meter 0%
ELITE MEMBER WINBACK BONUS Award Meter 0%
ELITE MEMBER NEXT STAY BONUS Award Meter 0%
New Stay Bonus Award Meter 0%
ANNIVERSARY BONUS OFFER Award Meter 0%
NEW MEMBER BONUS PROMOTION Award Meter 0%
AMBASSADOR ACCELERATOR BONUS Award Meter 0%
The Big Win
Earn 4,000 Bonus Points at The Venetian® and The Palazzo®
5000 POINT PLATINUM BONUS OFFER
1000 POINT GOLD BONUS OFFER

2 night at CP London Docklands on Wednesday!
Old Jan 14, 2014, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by parklife
Just went through the list and almost immediately the below are showing on my account.
they are showing up in my account as well now....it took a while since i signed up for them all earlier this month....
Old Jan 14, 2014, 6:19 am

Programs: UA*S A3*G TK *G EY G AA G RJ Gold IHG Spire Amb HH DIamond Marriott Gold BW DIAMOND SELECT
Originally Posted by scubaccr

with all due respect I did not call, I apologize for asking
Old Jan 14, 2014, 7:26 am

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
with all due respect I did not call, I apologize for asking
No need to apologize.... it's a learning process...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.