Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

InterContinental Davos, Switzerland - Master Thread (leaving IC on May 31, 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Davos, Switzerland - Master Thread (leaving IC on May 31, 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2015, 12:09 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
So I was checking the rooms and it seems the Alpine Executive is 160 sqm while the Alpine Suite is 91 sqm, but the Alpine Suite is more expensive.

Last stay here I think I was in Alpine Suite. So the Alpine Executive has 2 "rooms"? with 1.5/2 bathrooms? Also has a fireplace! But somehow its cheaper than the Alpine Suite.

This video from nicholas75 is the Alpine Suite not Executive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEreEbZvCE4
The video from Nicholas shows the Alpine Executive - which is basically a large room around 60 sqm.

Stayed in one of them three times with our two kids on the sofabed and the size was good with the open space plus they have real large balconies.

We were shown one of the Alpine Suites (around 90 sqm) which are two rooms but they waste a lot of space, ca. 20 sqm, with a large foyer that is not good for anything. And somehow the bedroom and living room feel much more cramped being divided rooms compared to the Alpine Executive.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 1:23 pm

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Originally Posted by Mr. LAU
The video from Nicholas shows the Alpine Executive - which is basically a large room around 60 sqm.

Stayed in one of them three times with our two kids on the sofabed and the size was good with the open space plus they have real large balconies.

We were shown one of the Alpine Suites (around 90 sqm) which are two rooms but they waste a lot of space, ca. 20 sqm, with a large foyer that is not good for anything. And somehow the bedroom and living room feel much more cramped being divided rooms compared to the Alpine Executive.

Here is the description of...

Alpine Executive King - From ‎ ‎SFr. 492.30 CHF
160 sqm luxury suite with amazing mountain views separate living room fireplace complimentary WiFi state of the art technology flat screen TV nespresso coffee machine exclusive access to the club amenities complimentary breakfast afternoon tea and cocktail hour.Nye is compulsory.

Alpine Suite - From ‎ ‎SFr. 654.30 CHF
Your 91 sqm suite has a separate living room and a spacious bathroom all suites have a private balcony with a 180 degrees breathtaking panorama view exclusive access to the club journey with complimentary breakfast afternoon tea and cocktail hour. Nye is compulsory at rate 180 chf per person

Of course unless they switched the wordings.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 4:47 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
Here is the description of...

Alpine Executive King - From ‎ ‎SFr. 492.30 CHF
160 sqm luxury suite with amazing mountain views separate living room fireplace complimentary WiFi state of the art technology flat screen TV nespresso coffee machine exclusive access to the club amenities complimentary breakfast afternoon tea and cocktail hour.Nye is compulsory.

Alpine Suite - From ‎ ‎SFr. 654.30 CHF
Your 91 sqm suite has a separate living room and a spacious bathroom all suites have a private balcony with a 180 degrees breathtaking panorama view exclusive access to the club journey with complimentary breakfast afternoon tea and cocktail hour. Nye is compulsory at rate 180 chf per person

Of course unless they switched the wordings.
I think the IHG site is wrong. Have a look to the properties webpage

http://davos.intercontinental.com/en...pine-executive

I was still last weekend in this room type and as Mr. LAU pointed out its absolutely sufficient and gorgeous.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by boekel
I think the IHG site is wrong. Have a look to the properties webpage

http://davos.intercontinental.com/en...pine-executive

I was still last weekend in this room type and as Mr. LAU pointed out its absolutely sufficient and gorgeous.
Thats really messed up, could you imagine people booking it via the website and seeing the description!

The 160 sqm is the Presidential Suite!

I'm going there next week. Did they still have the Audi there where you can drive? Also What room did you book and what upgrade did you get? Currently booked Deluxe King on BOGO and thinking of adding a day, but maybe just book a standard room.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 1:40 pm

Thats really messed up, could you imagine people booking it via the website and seeing the description!

The 160 sqm is the Presidential Suite!

I'm going there next week. Did they still have the Audi there where you can drive? Also What room did you book and what upgrade did you get? Currently booked Deluxe King on BOGO and thinking of adding a day, but maybe just book a standard room.
So far I've been there 9-10 times and except once, when they were fully booked I always received the alpine exec when booking a standard room. Cannot comment on the Audi, but they bring you with a transporter into the village or you can take the bus, which is also free of charge.

In my opinion a highly recommendable resort with awesome staff
Old Jul 19, 2015, 5:01 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
They also have 2 Audi A8 at least when I was there in early Jan. Mr. Fischer, one of the main concierges, used to drive us over to Restaurant Kulm a few times and collect us afterwards. We also took the VW T5 bus to get into town as well as the normal Bus that runs from the road down the hotel. All worked well. Like the hotel and surrounding area, but with that Franc exchange rate it has become quite expensive. We rather head over to Austria these days if we are looking for a mountain vacation. YMMV.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 3:40 am

So far I've been there 9-10 times and except once, when they were fully booked I always received the alpine exec when booking a standard room. Cannot comment on the Audi, but they bring you with a transporter into the village or you can take the bus, which is also free of charge.

In my opinion a highly recommendable resort with awesome staff
When I was there last year I book via points and got the Alpine Executive.

Usually they have Audi cars that you can test drive.

http://landofquattro.ch/de#aktivitae...st_drive_davos
Old Jul 21, 2015, 12:45 pm

When I was there last year I book via points and got the Alpine Executive.

Usually they have Audi cars that you can test drive.

http://landofquattro.ch/de#aktivitae...st_drive_davos
The cars have never been of any interest for me. Usually I pay cash, as 50000 points is quite steep, seeing the cash rates.

Have you been there meanwhile?
Old Jul 22, 2015, 2:56 am

The cars have never been of any interest for me. Usually I pay cash, as 50000 points is quite steep, seeing the cash rates.

Have you been there meanwhile?
Ahhh fair enough...

For this property I think 50k is not bad, as its an expensive property. But it will be more worth using 50k during the winter season.

I'll be there this weekend still debating if I will stay 2 nights or 3.

Last edited by BRAISKI; Jul 22, 2015 at 3:04 am
Old Jul 22, 2015, 6:29 am

Ahhh fair enough...

For this property I think 50k is not bad, as its an expensive property. But it will be more worth using 50k during the winter season.

I'll be there this weekend still debating if I will stay 2 nights or 3.
the last two times I've stayed there, I've paid 180 CHF best flex, which is an excellent price for this property. Also when I compare it e.g. to Toronto where you also stay frequently. I value 50K points higher, so for me it was a no-brainer. When the rates exceed 250 CHF I start to think, but then I even tend to use a BOGO
Old Jul 22, 2015, 11:52 am

the last two times I've stayed there, I've paid 180 CHF best flex, which is an excellent price for this property. Also when I compare it e.g. to Toronto where you also stay frequently. I value 50K points higher, so for me it was a no-brainer. When the rates exceed 250 CHF I start to think, but then I even tend to use a BOGO
This weekend is around 230 for the Standard room and 280 for the Deluxe. I'm actually using the BOGO this weekend. Which I booked months ago then re-booked it last week since the price dropped 30 CHF.
There was a rate of 180 but it was non-refundable, I don't like getting those rates.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 1:18 pm

Programs: TK Elite, BA Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus, IHG Spire AMB, HHonors Diamond
This weekend is around 230 for the Standard room and 280 for the Deluxe. I'm actually using the BOGO this weekend. Which I booked months ago then re-booked it last week since the price dropped 30 CHF.
There was a rate of 180 but it was non-refundable, I don't like getting those rates.
i will be there this weekend as well - do you have club access?
Old Jul 24, 2015, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by Marco159
i will be there this weekend as well - do you have club access?
Club is closed in the summer period. They offer you breakfast in the main restaurant, coffee and cake during afternoon in nuts & co and some canapes in studio grigio from 6-8 sat to thu
Old Jul 24, 2015, 3:44 am

Programs: TK Elite, BA Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus, IHG Spire AMB, HHonors Diamond
Club is closed in the summer period. They offer you breakfast in the main restaurant, coffee and cake during afternoon in nuts & co and some canapes in studio grigio from 6-8 sat to thu
okay - do you know is breakfast from 8am until 11am? or maybe 11:30? And what time is afternoon tea?
Old Jul 24, 2015, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by Marco159
okay - do you know is breakfast from 8am until 11am? or maybe 11:30? And what time is afternoon tea?
breakfast is until 10.30 extensive and excellent quality. Afternoon tea is from 3-5 but of very limited quantity. you can get a piece of cake or a scoop of ice cream with a hot drink.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.