Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

InterContinental Davos, Switzerland - Master Thread (leaving IC on May 31, 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Davos, Switzerland - Master Thread (leaving IC on May 31, 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2017, 2:55 am

Anyone stayed already this year?
Did anything change with regard to the lounge?
Old Jan 24, 2017, 3:26 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by daruda
Anyone stayed already this year?
Did anything change with regard to the lounge?
What exactly would you like to know? Lounge is open and decent.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27714589-post23.html
Old Jan 24, 2017, 4:07 am

Programs: TK Elite, BA Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus, IHG Spire AMB, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl

Gosh - no Upgrade on Award stays?

Last edited by Marco159; Jan 24, 2017 at 4:23 am
Old Jan 24, 2017, 5:52 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist

I'm assuming you added lounge to get breakfast included on the reward nights as that alone runs like 35-40SFR a person for the restaurant IIRC.

Otherwise, if one has breakfast included already, at least based on our past stays the lounge offering would not have been worth 95SFR at all (unless one can really drink a lot). It was very "meeh" with little staff presence and not offering much exciting for afternoon tea and evening drinks time.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 12:06 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by demue
I'm assuming you added lounge to get breakfast included on the reward nights as that alone runs like 35-40SFR a person for the restaurant IIRC.

Otherwise, if one has breakfast included already, at least based on our past stays the lounge offering would not have been worth 95SFR at all (unless one can really drink a lot). It was very "meeh" with little staff presence and not offering much exciting for afternoon tea and evening drinks time.
Breakfast is 70SFR for two which is included in the lounge package and making it a steal.

Have you stayed since the management change? We found the lounge to be quite good, with nice a selection of varying evening snacks, including one soup. Selection of several wines and sparkling wine as well as rather "cheap" spirits (red label, Barcadi etc.). Can be enough to substitute dinner. Staff is always present.
It's certainly not Tokyo, Hong Kong or Shanghai, but absolutely fine.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 7:13 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Our last stay was in early 2015, not sure if there was any management change. Good to hear on the offering improvements and evening drinks and dinner offering. We had dinner outside every day, especially at Kulm, and usually got a pick up from the hotel afterwards.

Last edited by demue; Jan 25, 2017 at 5:42 pm
Old Jan 25, 2017, 7:48 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
Breakfast is 70SFR for two which is included in the lounge package and making it a steal.

Have you stayed since the management change? We found the lounge to be quite good, with nice a selection of varying evening snacks, including one soup. Selection of several wines and sparkling wine as well as rather "cheap" spirits (red label, Barcadi etc.). Can be enough to substitute dinner. ..
what do you mean with management change? Is Stephan not longer the GM? Admittedly I haven't had the chance to go this winter yet, but I've never found that the evening snack could substitute dinner... so there must be quite some news then.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jan 27, 2017 at 6:18 am Reason: repaired quote
Old Jan 25, 2017, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by boekel

Have you stayed since the management change? We found the lounge to be quite good, with nice a selection of varying evening snacks, including one soup. Selection of several wines and sparkling wine as well as rather "cheap" spirits (red label, Barcadi etc.). Can be enough to substitute dinner. ...
what do you mean with management change? Is Stephan not longer the GM? Admittedly I haven't had the chance to go this winter yet, but I've never found that the evening snack could substitute dinner... so there must be quite some news then.
Agree that was my experience 10 months ago.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jan 27, 2017 at 6:19 am Reason: repaired quote
Old Jan 27, 2017, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by perkunas
Now they just need some snow
There was snow before Christmas, and Davos even throws in free ski passes for stays up to the 24th. My last stay was 280Fr for two nights with BOGOF and 4 passes - not everything was open of course, but enough to keep busy.

The rate for this hotel does fluctuate massively even within the prime ski season... I can't quite figure it out...

Back again tomorrow night for my 3rd stay in some 6 months. I can't comment on the lounge debate as I'm always on the slopes during the main hours (one of the only ICs where I don't even consider the club rooms as a result), but the main breakfast was very, very good...
Old Jan 27, 2017, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by SwissBritMiss
There was snow before Christmas, and Davos even throws in free ski passes for stays up to the 24th. My last stay was 280Fr for two nights with BOGOF and 4 passes - not everything was open of course, but enough to keep busy.

The rate for this hotel does fluctuate massively even within the prime ski season... I can't quite figure it out...

Back again tomorrow night for my 3rd stay in some 6 months. I can't comment on the lounge debate as I'm always on the slopes during the main hours (one of the only ICs where I don't even consider the club rooms as a result), but the main breakfast was very, very good...
is service any better?
Old Jan 27, 2017, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
is service any better?
I've just read through the thread. Your stay pre-dated mine (August and December 2016) but except for very small slips, both of my stays were pretty much spot on. Definitely more slick towards the start of the winter (more staff, for one), but even in summer I had no problems. Bad luck on your part, good on mine, or a management change in between? I don't know
Old Jan 31, 2017, 6:14 am

I wrote about my stay this weekend here.

Land-of-Miles, we seem to have had such vastly different experiences. I note that a lot of yours relate to the in house restaurants and the staff ratios - I can only comment on the breakfast this time (fast and proactive), but I definitely did not get the feeling that the hotel was understaffed from the other aspects of the service. Luck, changes, or that my expectations are lower (given the short travel time for me and the rates that I've been paying during periods of lower demand) - I really don't know. But this is definitively my second home in Switzerland now, and the IC draws me to Davos as much as the skiing.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 10:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Eurobonus Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Changing trains at Landquart

Hi,

Heading to IC Davos today. Have 6 minutes to change trains at Landquart. I have been reliably informed that this is sufficient time but with two suitcases and a 4 year old in tow we are slightly anxious! In terms of expediting the changeover where should we be as the train approaches Landquart? Nearer the front or the back? Thanks!
Old Feb 11, 2017, 11:20 pm

Nothing to worry about as long as you can actually walk / transport everything yourself. Somewhere middle in the train will be best. Half the train will make that connection anyway.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 12:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Eurobonus Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Nothing to worry about as long as you can actually walk / transport everything yourself. Somewhere middle in the train will be best. Half the train will make that connection anyway.
You were right. We made the train with 3 minutes to spare. It did help being in first class as that stops right by the changeover steps

Last edited by waribai; Feb 12, 2017 at 2:00 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.