Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

InterContinental Davos, Switzerland - Master Thread (leaving IC on May 31, 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Davos, Switzerland - Master Thread (leaving IC on May 31, 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2015, 6:52 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
I guess Davos will be closed down this week to the public!

"Rooms are not available on one or more of the selected dates."
Old Jan 21, 2015, 6:57 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
I guess Davos will be closed down this week to the public!

"Rooms are not available on one or more of the selected dates."
No, you can go there. Expect road blocks and ID checks - and that most rooms in Davos are sold out.
Skiing is nice - you have the pistes for yourself as nobody takes up the hassle to get through there
Old Jan 21, 2015, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
No, you can go there. Expect road blocks and ID checks - and that most rooms in Davos are sold out.
Skiing is nice - you have the pistes for yourself as nobody takes up the hassle to get through there
When I was there last year, I talked to the ladies there and asked about the rooms during the the WEF, she said that "no one" is allowed or can book a room during that time.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:23 pm

Programs: AS MVP75k, LH ft, IHG PlatAmb, BA, UA, AA
Stayed here in July 2014. Loved it. Booked two rooms for two nights with 2 BOGO certs. As PA, was upgraded to Alpine suite and adjoining room. Gorgeous rooms. Loved the pool/sauna/spa areas. The automatic swim-through door from inside pool to outside pool is super fun. Outdoor pool was tiny, but lots of fun jets, etc. Really nice and warm in outdoor pool (outside air temp was cool, even in July). Enjoyed the saunas and foot baths in the spa. Free drinks in minibar was appreciated! Staff extremely accommodating/nice. No lounge ("closed for improvements"). Hope the hotel survives - we want to go back!
Old Feb 27, 2015, 5:19 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Gold, RA, QF Gold, UA 1K
Stayed here in January this year and we loved it!! Booked on points for 6 nights and got upgraded to club room. This hotel is great - everything is where it meant to be, buffet breakfast is extensive and club lounge offering is great. The best part is the hotel provides free shuffle bus to pretty much everywhere. They picked us from the train station (called once we got on the train in Zurich), took us to ski lifts each morning and picking us up again at night. They also drove us to Sheraton Davos. The staffs are extremely friendly and professional. The welcome amenity they left in the room was delicious, especially the Swiss Chocolate!!!

You can see more pictures of the executive room, club lounge and its night offering, as well as buffet breakfast at Capricorn here

http://viewfromthealtitude.blogspot....olden-egg.html
Old Feb 28, 2015, 6:51 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
Originally Posted by yucci18
Stayed here in January this year and we loved it!! Booked on points for 6 nights and got upgraded to club room. This hotel is great - everything is where it meant to be, buffet breakfast is extensive and club lounge offering is great. The best part is the hotel provides free shuffle bus to pretty much everywhere. They picked us from the train station (called once we got on the train in Zurich), took us to ski lifts each morning and picking us up again at night. They also drove us to Sheraton Davos. The staffs are extremely friendly and professional. The welcome amenity they left in the room was delicious, especially the Swiss Chocolate!!!

You can see more pictures of the executive room, club lounge and its night offering, as well as buffet breakfast at Capricorn here

http://viewfromthealtitude.blogspot....olden-egg.html

Hmmmm... i am there at least 4-5 times a year. But the club lounge offerings I would call at best mediocre. Especially when comparing it to almost all other European Club lounges
Old Mar 1, 2015, 5:08 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Gold, RA, QF Gold, UA 1K
Originally Posted by boekel
Hmmmm... i am there at least 4-5 times a year. But the club lounge offerings I would call at best mediocre. Especially when comparing it to almost all other European Club lounges
The club lounge offering was quite good when we were there in January for pre-dinner canapes. When they start at 6pm, they offer 4-5 different kinds of food, once that's finished, they bring out more - usually different from the 6pm offering. Some Sashimi and grilled beef were delicious. The soup changes daily too.

The breakfast was mediocre - although they do have items to order from the menu.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Jose666
Booked two rooms for two nights with 2 BOGO certs.
No questions asked? So this is not a problem? I was planning on doing the same thing too!
Old Mar 10, 2015, 11:06 am

I'm planning my trip here for July and wow the charge for the 3rd person is SFr. 190.00 CH!
Old Mar 11, 2015, 4:07 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
No questions asked? So this is not a problem? I was planning on doing the same thing too!
You will not get away with that as bogo certs require an Ambassador in room & is also one per stay so you can not do a 9day 2weekend stay using bogo for both weekends

If your other half is also Ambassador put the second bogo reservation in her name, although a fiddle hotel will not be checking who sleeps in which room
Old Mar 11, 2015, 11:03 am

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
How are the (clublounge) views?
Old Mar 11, 2015, 1:24 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
Originally Posted by CanfordCliffs
How are the (clublounge) views?
The lounge is on the ground floor and hasn't therefore much of a view.

On a side note, I just noted that the hotel doesn't accept any bookings from mid April to the beginning of June as well for more than a month in October/November.

Are they shutting down for low season? Any insights from anybody?
Old Mar 20, 2015, 7:30 am

Are they shutting down for low season? Any insights from anybody?
Yes, they'll be shutting down for low season (for the first time):

http://www.blick.ch/news/schweiz/gra...id3584397.html
Old Apr 9, 2015, 8:21 am

I have a reservation at the end of July. I tried to contact two people there and they email bounced back. Does anyone know if there some changes in Management/Staff?
Old Jul 15, 2015, 9:23 am

So I was checking the rooms and it seems the Alpine Executive is 160 sqm while the Alpine Suite is 91 sqm, but the Alpine Suite is more expensive.

Last stay here I think I was in Alpine Suite. So the Alpine Executive has 2 "rooms"? with 1.5/2 bathrooms? Also has a fireplace! But somehow its cheaper than the Alpine Suite.

This video from nicholas75 is the Alpine Suite not Executive.

Last edited by BRAISKI; Jul 15, 2015 at 9:28 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.