Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Big Win Promotion Fall 2013

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2013, 5:38 pm
Suspended

I forgot what they gave me as the website is DOWN

We are going to need to find out if points+cash stays will count. This is mission critical.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 5:41 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fireworksboy
Broken. Anyone got a legit link?
http://win.ihg.com/ is the legit link.

Not sure the promo has been officially rolled out yet, which may explain some of the issues, and sometime it appears certain geographies can't get to the page, while others can.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 5:42 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
points+cash = points only
whether they qualify, I have no idea
Old Aug 25, 2013, 5:42 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Link worked fine for me.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have included the terms for each of the hurdles below. It does look like reward nights (including, of course, points & cash because they are the same as reward nights) will NOT count towards meeting the challenges.

Try one and done
1,000 bonus points, 500 bonus miles or 25 bonus AIR MILES®† reward miles will be awarded after your first qualifying stay, which must be completed between 1 September 2013 and 31 December 2013 (both dates inclusive) at InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, Even® or Hualuxe® hotels worldwide. A stay is defined as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/out. A stay constitutes a “qualifying stay” when paying qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates. Only one room per member per stay will be awarded the applicable bonus points or miles. No retroactive points or miles will be awarded for stays prior to registration. You must be a miles collector with a preferred alliance in order to collect miles. Frequency/ partner credits may be issued in currencies other than miles. Click herefor a list of all participating airlines. All airline program terms and conditions apply. Please allow up to 4 to 6 weeks for points or miles to be credited after checkout. This offer is subject to standard IHG Rewards Club terms and conditions and earning structure, which can be obtained by visiting www.ihgrewardsclub.com.

Stay more and earn more
Number of bonus points or miles listed above will be awarded after required number of qualifying room nights have been consumed by the member between 1 September 2013 and 31 December 2013 (both dates inclusive) at InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, Even® or Hualuxe® hotels worldwide. A stay is defined as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/out. A stay constitutes a “qualifying stay” when paying qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates. Only one room per member per stay will be awarded the applicable bonus points or miles. No retroactive points or miles will be awarded for stays prior to registration. You must be a miles collector with a preferred alliance in order to collect miles. Frequency/ partner credits may be issued in currencies other than miles. Click here for a list of all participating airlines. All airline program terms and conditions apply. Please allow up to 4 to 6 weeks for points or miles to be credited after checkout. This offer is subject to standard IHG Rewards Club terms and conditions and earning structure, which can be obtained by visitingwww.ihgrewardsclub.com.

Explore our brands
umber of bonus points or miles listed above will be awarded after the required number of qualifying room nights have been consumed by the member at the required number of distinct IHG brand hotels between 1 September 2013 and 31 December 2013 (both dates inclusive) at InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, Even® or Hualuxe® hotels worldwide. A stay is defined as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/out. A stay constitutes a qualifying stay when paying qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates. Only one room per member per stay will be awarded the applicable bonus points or miles. No retroactive points or miles will be awarded for stays prior to registration. You must be a miles collector with a preferred alliance in order to collect miles. Frequency/ partner credits may be issued in currencies other than miles. Click here for a list of all participating airlines. All airline program terms and conditions apply. Please allow up to 4 to 6 weeks for points or miles to be credited after checkout. This offer is subject to standard IHG Rewards Club terms and conditions and earning structure, which can be obtained by visiting www.ihgrewardsclub.com.

Book with us
Bonus points or miles listed above will be rewarded after required number of qualifying stays are booked through an IHGbrand.com or mobile internet site between 1 September 2013 and 31 December 2013 (both dates inclusive) at participating InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, Even® or Hualuxe® hotels worldwide. Click here for a full list of participating hotels. For a complete list of IHG brand and mobile internet sites please visit http://www.ihg.com/websites. For full IHG Best Price Guarantee terms & conditions visit http://www.ihg.com/bestprice. A stay is defined as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/out. A stay constitutes a “qualifying stay” when paying qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates. Only one room per member per stay will be awarded the applicable bonus points or miles. No retroactive points or miles will be awarded for stays prior to registration. You must be a miles collector with a preferred alliance in order to collect miles. Frequency/ partner credits may be issued in currencies other than miles. Click herefor a list of all participating airlines. All airline program terms and conditions apply. Please allow up to 4 to 6 weeks for points or miles to be credited after checkout. Offer is subject to standard IHG Rewards Club terms and conditions and earning structure, which can be obtained by visiting www.ihgrewardsclub.com.

Survey the win
umber of bonus points listed above will be awarded after completing the full survey before 31 December 2013. Mileage earners will earn points. Please allow up to 4 to 6 weeks for points to be credited after survey completion. Offer is subject to standard IHG Rewards Club terms and conditions and earning structure, which can be obtained by visiting www.ihgrewardsclub.com.

Live the city life
Number of bonus points or miles listed above will be rewarded after stays at required number of distinct cities from the following list of cities: New York, Washington D.C., Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Denver, Vancouver, Montreal, Mexico City and San Paolo between 1 September 2013 and 31 December 2013(both dates inclusive) at participating InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites® or Even® hotels. Click Here for a list of all participating hotels. A stay is defined as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/out. A stay constitutes a “qualifying stay” when paying qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates. Only one room per member per stay will be awarded the applicable bonus points or miles. No retroactive points or miles will be awarded for stays prior to registration. You must be a miles collector with a preferred alliance in order to collect miles. Frequency/ partner credits may be issued in currencies other than miles. Click here for a list of all participating airlines. All airline program terms and conditions apply. Please allow up to 4 to 6 weeks for points or miles to be credited after checkout. This offer is subject to standard IHG Rewards Club terms and conditions and earning structure, which can be obtained by visiting www.ihgrewardsclub.com.

Win in a weekend
Number of bonus points or miles listed above will be awarded after required number of qualifying stays on Saturday nights have been consumed by the member between 1 September 2013 and 31 December 2013 (both dates inclusive) at InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, Even® or Hualuxe® hotels worldwide. A stay is defined as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/out. A Saturday stay is defined as any stay with an unlimited number of nights having a Saturday night included within the stay period. If a stay is longer than 7 days, then the number of Saturdays that qualify is equivalent to the number of Saturday nights during that stay period. No retroactive points or miles will be awarded for stays prior to registration. You must be a miles collector with a preferred alliance in order to collect miles. Frequency/ partner credits may be issued in currencies other than miles. Click here for a list of all participating airlines. All airline program terms and conditions apply. Please allow up to 4 to 6 weeks for points or miles to be credited after checkout. The offer is subject to standard IHG Rewards Club terms and conditions and earning structure, which can be obtained by visiting www.ihgrewardsclub.com.

Spend it to get it
To qualify and receive your bonus, you must purchase a qualified night stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Visa credit card or your Priority Club® Visa credit card at participating InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, Even® or Hualuxe® hotel worldwide. A stay is qualified when paying qualifying rates, which includes most business and leisure rates. Visit www.ihgrewardsclub.com for IHG Rewards Club terms and conditions. Bonus points will be awarded by IHG.Please allow 6 – 8 weeks for bonus points to be posted to your account. Chase is not responsible for offer fulfillment.

Win big
The member must complete all offers listed above on or before 31 December 2013 to be eligible for the bonus points or miles offer. Please allow up to 4 to 6 weeks for points or miles to be credited after all offers have been completed.Click herefor a list of all participating airlines. All airline program terms and conditions apply. This offer is subject to standard IHG Rewards Club terms and conditions and earning structure, which can be obtained by visiting www.ihgrewardsclub.com.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 5:57 pm
Suspended

It's back. My promo, which I have approx. 120 days to complete is:

a) One and done - 1000 pts
b) 7 nights for 7400 pts
c) 4 brands for 24000 pts
d) Survey - 100 pts
e) 4 Saturday nights - 6400 pts
f) Book and pay a stay with the IHG credit card - 1500 pts
g) Get all of goals - 40000 pts

So approx 80K if I do it all. If I cheap-out and do 4 Sat. night stays at 4 different brands, plus survey and use card, then I get 33K. Not bad.

• Does anyone know if points+cash stays count?
  • Does anyone know if previously booked nights (booked prior to promo but for next month) will count?

Thanks for any info.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA Premier Exec; AA Platinum; SPG Gold; PC Platinum Ambassador
They like me! They really, really like me!

I got the best offer seen so far. Track record is PC platinum for many years, but since I started getting the status via credit card, have cut way back on my paid nights- probably only 3-5 in the last year...

Sample 5
•One stay is all it takes (Stay at any IHG® hotel and receive 1,000 Points)
•More nights. More points (Stay a total of 4 nights and receive 9,600 Points)
•Mix things up (Stay at 2 different IHG brands and receive 30,000 Points)
•Booking direct really is the best (Book 2 separate stays through an IHG® hotel website or mobile device to get our best price guarantee and receive 6,000 Points)
•Survey the win (Complete a simple survey and receive 100 Points)
•Live the City Life (Stay at one of a selected list of North American hotels and get 18,000 points)
•Saturday stays just got better (Stay 2 Saturday nights and receive 12,000 Points)
•Spend it to get it (Book and pay for your stay with your Priority Club Visa card, and get 2,300 points)
•Finish with a really big win (Complete all of your offers and receive 79,000 Points)

So it looks like if I book a weekend stay at a Candlewood and another at a HI Express, for a total of 4 nights I get 148,400 points- even at 0.5c a mile, still worth doing mattress runs to get there...

Friendly
Old Aug 25, 2013, 6:29 pm

Programs: ihg plat, hh gold, hertz 5*
Originally Posted by stimpy
OK, thanks. I might be able to hit Barca before the year is out.
Also Madrid and Düsseldorf, which are both in the European 'city' list.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 6:38 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
They're asking me to do A LOT...

Try One & Done - 1000 points
Stay More & Earn More - 14,400 points (30 nights)
Explore Our Brands - 21,000 points (3 brands)
Book With Us - 24,000 points (28 separate stays)
Survey The Win - 100 points
Live The City Life - 12,600 points (Sao Paulo, Vancouver, Montreal, Mexico City, Washington D.C., New York City, Denver, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle)
Win In A Weekend - 16,800 points (Stay 14 Saturdays)
Win Big - 90,000 points

Total 179,900
Old Aug 25, 2013, 6:44 pm

Programs: ihg plat, hh gold, hertz 5*
They did the same for crack the case and made some of them practically (and in some cases literally) impossible; you would think they might have learned from their mistakes.

14 out of 17 Saturdays is obviously not sensible.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 6:47 pm

When it says 'spend $40 on dining' -- must that be done in conjunction with a hotel stay? I assume the promo dept can sort out an F&B charge from a room charge to make sure we get the points?
Old Aug 25, 2013, 7:06 pm
Formerly known as stellertony

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, NEXUS, APEC
Sample 6

Try One And Done -- 1000 points
Stay More And Earn More -- 6400 points for 4 nights
Explore Our Brands -- 20000 points for just 2 brands
Book With Us -- 4000 points for 2 separate stays booked online OR mobile
Survey The Win -- 100 points for a survey (says "Coming Soon")
Live the City Life -- Stay at 2 of the following locations and earn 12000 points (appears to include most hotels in Chicago, Denver, LA, NYC, SF, Seattle, DC, Sao Paolo, Mexico City, Montreal, and Vancouver)
Win In A Weekend -- 4800 points for 2 Saturday nights
Win Big -- complete all your offers and receive 48,000 points

My counter says I could win a total of 96,300 points by completing the promo. Pretty unlikely given my travel patterns, but maybe that needs to change

I'm a Platinum with no IHG credit card and no paid stays ever AFAIK…last stay I remember was a 3-night award stay in January.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 7:38 pm

I got 128 days to complete

One and done - 1,000 pts
4 nights for 6,400 pts
2 brands for 20,000 pts
Survey - 100 pts
book with us 2 stays - 4,000 pts
2 Saturday nights - 8,000 pts
Book and pay one stay with the IHG credit card - 1,500 pts
Get all of goals - 41,000 pts

the top bar shows 00000/82,000 points earned
Old Aug 25, 2013, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Can anyone confirm if the levels are stackable?
Old Aug 25, 2013, 8:00 pm

I am a platinum RA and stayed about 25 nights so far this year. My past stays included Taiwan, Japan, Hong Kong and several cities in China.

This is what I got...

1. Try one and done - 1000
2. Stay more and earn more - 9,000 for 12 nights
3. Explore our brands - 16000 for 4 brands
4. Book with us - 6,000 for 7 separate stays online or APP
5. Get out there - 5,600 for 3 locations in Japan and Australia cities.
6. Win in a weekend - 6,400 for 4 Saturdays
7. Win big - 44,000 points

88,000 in total...

It is going to be challenging but doable .

However, I already registered the China Dream promotion prior to this, which should not coexist with other promotion according to its T&C, but still registered successfully with this. Don’t really know what would happen and would just wait and see.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.