Search

The Big Win Promotion Fall 2013

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2013, 3:22 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by drspear
managed to get on this time target of 74k, may well be able to do it

try one and done 1000pts
stay more earn more 9 nights 8000pts ( already have 15 nights booked, assume I don't need to rebook )
stay at 3 different brands 14,000pts got cp, hi, hiex and staybridge all booked already
see the sights live the live must be Madrid Amsterdam London Paris Munich ( it mentions stay in this town, then lists specific hotels I have stayed in before, not clear if its just to town or the specific hotel ) 8400pts
win in a weekend stay 3 saturdays - 5600pts
achieve all above 37000pts

reckon I would have been doing all these anyway happy days
There should be a link to a extensive list? my list has around 100 hotels in Europe.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 3:31 am

Programs: US CP, DL GM, AA Plat
I think I got the best offer posted so far

Basically, I can get 130k points for just 5 nights over 2 stays. Time for a mattress run!

Does anyone know if non-qualifying nights count? (i.e. those booked on expedia/travelocity)

Stay 1 - 1k points
5 nights - 10k points
2 brands - 18k points
mobile&web - 6k points
Survey - 100 points
Stay 2 @ city hotels - 18k points
2 sat nights - 12k points
Complete all - 65k points
Total = 130k points

Last edited by TAWS; Aug 25, 2013 at 3:48 am
Old Aug 25, 2013, 3:54 am

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.
106k in 5 nights:

Stay one - 1,000
Stay more, 5 night - 10,100
Explore 2 brands - 18,000
Live in the city - 10,800
win in a weekend, 2 sats - 7,200
Spend it to get it - 2,300
win big - 53,000

The only thing that will be not super easy is the city one. I'm in Europe right now. Otherwise I'd knock this out in 5 nights. I probably still will get it done.

I'm not sure how it targets these things but for the record - I'm an RA Plat with a lot of points, tons of rewards stays and only a handful of paid stays a year. Like a dozen or more.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 3:57 am

Programs: IHG
Finallly accessed mine. A load of rubbish. 112000 points. As mentioned above, I could simply buy them and not bother with all the cost and messing about.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 4:02 am

I have not had any email. Do I simply register on the site anyway? I am UK based.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by travelisfree
106k in 5 nights:

The only thing that will be not super easy is the city one. I'm in Europe right now. Otherwise I'd knock this out in 5 nights. I probably still will get it done.
Do you know someone in the states? You could add your friend to a booking and have them check in.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 4:18 am

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
I am a little concerned about the t&c's of the "Book With Us". My requirement is "Book 6 separate stays through an IHG® hotel website or mobile device to get our best price guarantee and receive 6,000 Points"

The t&c's read "Bonus points or miles listed above will be rewarded after required number of qualifying stays are booked through an IHGbrand.com or mobile internet site between 1 September 2013 and 31 December 2013"

I do have six upcoming stays, but I have already booked them (through IHG website). Not sure whether I should cancel and rebook (provided same rates still available) after 1st Sep??

Last edited by DuMaInSin; Aug 25, 2013 at 4:25 am
Old Aug 25, 2013, 4:36 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DuMaInSin
I am a little concerned about the t&c's of the "Book With Us". My requirement is "Book 6 separate stays through an IHG® hotel website or mobile device to get our best price guarantee and receive 6,000 Points"

The t&c's read "Bonus points or miles listed above will be rewarded after required number of qualifying stays are booked through an IHGbrand.com or mobile internet site between 1 September 2013 and 31 December 2013"

I do have six upcoming stays, but I have already booked them (through IHG website). Not sure whether I should cancel and rebook (provided same rates still available) after 1st Sep??
Yes - that's the only element of the promo that reads to me as not being valid for stays booked outside the promo period - if the same rates are available I'd definitely cancel/rebook. I'd need to hit 7 stays and 4 bookings and only have 1 booking so far so would hit the 4 within booking the 7.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 4:47 am

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.
Originally Posted by TAWS
Do you know someone in the states? You could add your friend to a booking and have them check in.
Them there Yankee cities on the list, and I'm from a southern family.

I mean, surely I'll have a layover in NYC or Chicago at some point. Not sure what my schedule is two months from now. I'll probably assess in November.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 4:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
I think I got the best offer posted so far

Basically, I can get 130k points for just 5 nights over 2 stays. Time for a mattress run!

Does anyone know if non-qualifying nights count? (i.e. those booked on expedia/travelocity)
No, nights booked through a third party site do not count.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by KathinJax
No, nights booked through a third party site do not count.
From what I remember from the crack the case promotion, all paid bookings on the IHG website (i.e. friends and family bookings) should still count even if you don't earn points, right?
Old Aug 25, 2013, 5:16 am

From what I remember from the crack the case promotion, all paid bookings on the IHG website (i.e. friends and family bookings) should still count even if you don't earn points, right?
Yes they did, and also stays from the Sweet Dilemma promo
Old Aug 25, 2013, 5:59 am

Programs: IHG Spire HHonors Diamond CC Gold
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Yes they did, and also stays from the Sweet Dilemma promo
I'm interested in the stay at xx brands for xx points part of this promo.

T and C suggests stays need to be qualifying so what about 35% off (exclusive prepaid) rates for a stay at a particular brand ?

I'm not bothered about not getting points for a stay if it counts as a brand stay for the purpose of this promotion.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 6:40 am

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat, Club Carlson G, SAS S
Originally Posted by kitbag1984
I have not had any email. Do I simply register on the site anyway? I am UK based.
yes I am too, but that didn't seem to matter, I did on my fathers accounts as well, he has stayed 2, maybe 3 times in the last 3 years, and got an offer of 146,000

So just weighing up if its worth me posting stays to his number, be a better return than the platinum uplift, I just wouldn't get the privileges during the stays, first world problem alert
Old Aug 25, 2013, 6:42 am

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat, Club Carlson G, SAS S
Originally Posted by turner32
Finallly accessed mine. A load of rubbish. 112000 points. As mentioned above, I could simply buy them and not bother with all the cost and messing about.
I would strongly suggest that is not the case.

Are you being serious

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.