Wiki Posts
Search

The Big Win Promotion Fall 2013

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2014, 1:36 pm
Formerly known as hcampana

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
no, no points here yet either, and i've called and tweeted IHGCare, interestingly IHGCare tweeted back CC IHGclub asking them to follow up, everyone here's saying IHGCare is helping, in my case they just referred me back to IHGrewards
I got told to email IHGCare. After a few emails and waiting a week or 2 some of my points posted but not all. Had to email them again today.

Last edited by myeurocrush; Feb 11, 2014 at 1:37 pm Reason: Typo
Old Feb 12, 2014, 7:50 pm

Programs: Delta SM, ICH PLAT
I've sent a message via the website, and they gave me a canned response stating that I have to wait 4-6 weeks. It is now Feb 12. It is more than 6 weeks since my last stay and 2013. No bonus... I will have to call....

Replying to my own post:

After my post, I called the number given to me in their canned email response:
1-888-211-9874 (USA). I called them this evening, got the automated phone system, punched in my account number, said "AGENT!" and was on hold for about 10 seconds before a nice agent took my call. While she was accented (sounds Asian), I understood her perfectly and she understood my simply request for help: "I registered for Big Win 2013 and fullfilled my challenges, but is missing one of them". She asked me which particular promotion (her words... I used "Challenge") it was. I told her which one, and which one of my hotel stays fullfilled it. She put me on hold for about 5 minutes to check on it. When she came back, she asked me for the exact wording of the promotion, how many points I was suppose to get, and what my total BIG WIN points was suppose to be. Fortunately, I had a previous status email, so I was able to provide the exact information. I offered to fax/email her that email as proof, but she said that wasn't necessary. She put me on hold for another 30 seconds before coming back and tell me she will give me the points. I was able to confirm that I did get my points labelled as "Big Win - Recovery".

I was pretty happy about the painlessness of the call. I pushed my luck and asked her about my Big-Win 2014 status (breakfast stay not triggering), but she gave me the 4-6 week run-around excuse... (Its 6 weeks from the check-out date, she quoted from the rule book...)

Last edited by chunky649; Feb 12, 2014 at 8:38 pm Reason: update!
Old Feb 13, 2014, 12:24 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by chunky649
... I was able to confirm that I did get my points labelled as "Big Win - Recovery". ...
congratulaion !!! ^
Old Feb 13, 2014, 6:43 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Wink

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
no, no points here yet either, and i've called and tweeted IHGCare, interestingly IHGCare tweeted back CC IHGclub asking them to follow up, everyone here's saying IHGCare is helping, in my case they just referred me back to IHGrewards
After many emails (and support by IHGCare), today I got posted all my missed points of "BIG WIN 2013"
Seems they found the on-switch of the computer !?!
So in total 128k - it was a big win for me and at the end of the day it was worth the struggle.

"Good luck" for all of you still fighting!
Old Feb 13, 2014, 11:39 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
One of my stays incorrectly posted as a non-qualifying stay and I emailed to have this rectified. While they made it qualifying asap - the Big Win 2013 points never posted. They asked me to wait 6 weeks before following up again. And unbelievably, it did! Without me having to follow up again. Now IHG seems to be working out the kinks in their system
Old Mar 21, 2014, 8:18 am

Programs: True Blue Mosaic, Southwest companion pass, Hyatt gold passport Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Finally, after several follow-ups, IHG got back to me and credited me 55,000 points for my missing Big Win credits. They said they couldn't find my original offer, but they saw the stays in my history and gave me the credit. This is a good reminder to why I should save a copy of my offers on these types of promotions.
I give IHG credit for coming through. I had my doubts
Old Mar 21, 2014, 8:59 am
Formerly known as hcampana

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I finally got mine credited too. It took MONTHS!
Old Mar 27, 2014, 9:17 am
Suspended

Programs: RIP
Originally Posted by adccruise
Finally, after several follow-ups, IHG got back to me and credited me 55,000 points for my missing Big Win credits. They said they couldn't find my original offer, but they saw the stays in my history and gave me the credit. This is a good reminder to why I should save a copy of my offers on these types of promotions.
I give IHG credit for coming through. I had my doubts
Both me an SO had the excact same issue. Posted all after multiple follow ups over a long time. Finally a SV did it and sent a personal mail confirming it.

If you still have problems, do escalate to SV by phone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.