Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Priority Card Select Visa benefit: Platinum Status

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2012, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
More discussion on this card can be found HERE.

Last edited by philemer; Apr 16, 2012 at 5:34 pm
Old Apr 16, 2012, 4:56 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
i have the basic card with no status and no fee,
didnt this have a 80K offer at one time?
to get plat status should i upgrade the card or cancel and try to reapply for 80k point cc if offer comes again
thanks
Old Apr 16, 2012, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by frank_10b
i have the basic card with no status and no fee,
didnt this have a 80K offer at one time?
to get plat status should i upgrade the card or cancel and try to reapply for 80k point cc if offer comes again
thanks
I would cancel the card and then apply for the new one (or keep the old one and see what happens). See the link in my post just above yours. the standard offer is for 60K but check the first post in that thread and you'll get hints on how to 'maybe' get the 80K offer.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 10:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
How long after your anniversary date will you most likely receive the free night certificate?

I was told it would come via email...It has been 2 weeks as of this week for me...
Old Apr 18, 2012, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by alrvd83
How long after your anniversary date will you most likely receive the free night certificate?

I was told it would come via email...It has been 2 weeks as of this week for me...
Search for some threads on the free night for the Visa. Many folks never got the email (including me), but got the free night.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alrvd83

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...t-pc-visa.html
Old Apr 21, 2012, 12:59 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
thanks..I call PC and found out that the certificates aren't "issued" anymore via email. After your anniversary, you can call anytime and they'll book a room for you.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 10:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, ClubCarlson Gold
Bait and Switch?

So, I got an email a few weeks ago offering the Priority Club Select Visa card with the 80,000 point bonus and the lifetime platinum status. I thought about it a while and decided the offer was too good to pass up. So I clicked on the link in the email and applied. Less than a week later I had my brand new Priority Club Visa Signature card. Yes, I said "Signature" card rather than "Select" card. My materials said I would be Gold as long as I had the card. So, since this isn't what I signed up for, what should I do? Call Chase and ask for an explanation? What are my options?
Old Apr 23, 2012, 11:32 pm

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by RDB68
So, I got an email a few weeks ago offering the Priority Club Select Visa card with the 80,000 point bonus and the lifetime platinum status. I thought about it a while and decided the offer was too good to pass up. So I clicked on the link in the email and applied. Less than a week later I had my brand new Priority Club Visa Signature card. Yes, I said "Signature" card rather than "Select" card. My materials said I would be Gold as long as I had the card. So, since this isn't what I signed up for, what should I do? Call Chase and ask for an explanation? What are my options?
The PC Select Visa is a Visa Signature card. I wouldn't be concerned -- they're probably still using old material since the PC Visa used to only grant Gold and they only recently changed it to Platinum. You can call and ask but I'm pretty certain you'll have Plat status just like those of us who have had the card from before they upgraded that benefit.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 3:49 pm

So will I see the upgrade at the same time the 80,000 points post?
Old Apr 24, 2012, 4:41 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Wait, they're giving out "LIFETIME" plat now?
Old Apr 24, 2012, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So, I got an email a few weeks ago offering the Priority Club Select Visa card with the 80,000 point bonus and the lifetime platinum status.
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Wait, they're giving out "LIFETIME" plat now?
Yes, but as with all "lifetime", you have to ask lifetime of who/what? In this case, it's the lifetime of your Priority Club Select Visa card account being open and in good standing (including every annual fee paid). If either you drop the card or they drop the Select card (and convert you to something else), the lifetime ends!
Old Apr 25, 2012, 12:07 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
So will I see the upgrade at the same time the 80,000 points post?
The status upgrade posts as a separate, 0 point item.

Although, since the points themselves will upgrade you, if they post first you'll be upgraded anyway.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
The status upgrade posts as a separate, 0 point item.

Although, since the points themselves will upgrade you, if they post first you'll be upgraded anyway.
Good point on the upgrade in status based on the bonus points. Since you say I'll see a status upgrade post then that's what I'll be looking for.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Yes, but as with all "lifetime", you have to ask lifetime of who/what? In this case, it's the lifetime of your Priority Club Select Visa card account being open and in good standing (including every annual fee paid). If either you drop the card or they drop the Select card (and convert you to something else), the lifetime ends!
Good point, if you drop the card makes sense. Otherwise we'll just flood the ranks of the get the card for 1 year crowd.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.