Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Priority Card Select Visa benefit: Platinum Status

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2012, 9:44 am

How long does it take for the points to post to your account after you get the VISA card?
Old Apr 25, 2012, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bonsai500
How long does it take for the points to post to your account after you get the VISA card?
The amount of time has nothing to do with when you get the card!!!!!

The bonus points are for your first use (first purchase), so if you take months to make your first purchase, it'll obviously also take months for you to get the points!

The bonus points should appear on your Chase statement that shows your first purchase, and then should appear at Priority Club shortly thereafter (but it may take at least a day or two, I think).
Old Apr 25, 2012, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
The amount of time has nothing to do with when you get the card!!!!!

The bonus points are for your first use (first purchase), so if you take months to make your first purchase, it'll obviously also take months for you to get the points!

The bonus points should appear on your Chase statement that shows your first purchase, and then should appear at Priority Club shortly thereafter (but it may take at least a day or two, I think).
Yeah, I guess I should not have assumed that everyone makes their first purchase the minute they get the card like I did.

So my points will be on my rewards account on my 1st statement? And my platinum status as well?
Old Apr 25, 2012, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bonsai500
Yeah, I guess I should not have assumed that everyone makes their first purchase the minute they get the card like I did.

So my points will be on my rewards account on my 1st statement? And my platinum status as well?
After statement close date. It takes 2 business days in general.

Plat status should also change immediately.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
After statement close date. It takes 2 business days in general.

Plat status should also change immediately.
And when you have a brand new card, how do you know when your statement date is?
Old Apr 25, 2012, 10:24 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Wait, they're giving out "LIFETIME" plat now?
Yes, we now have another incentive to live longer.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by Antipode
The PC Select Visa is a Visa Signature card. I wouldn't be concerned -- they're probably still using old material since the PC Visa used to only grant Gold and they only recently changed it to Platinum. You can call and ask but I'm pretty certain you'll have Plat status just like those of us who have had the card from before they upgraded that benefit.
Mr. honu applied for the card at the beginning of this year (under the 80K promo), and recently received the postcard that confirms Platinum as a cardholder). I've had the very same card for a little over a year (applied last year under the 60K promo), and for some reason my account reads that I need to earn 6XXX points to renew Platinum for 2013. Clearly something is amiss... Who should I contact about this, Chase or PC?
Old Apr 26, 2012, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by honu
Mr. honu applied for the card at the beginning of this year (under the 80K promo), and recently received the postcard that confirms Platinum as a cardholder). I've had the very same card for a little over a year (applied last year under the 60K promo), and for some reason my account reads that I need to earn 6XXX points to renew Platinum for 2013. Clearly something is amiss... Who should I contact about this, Chase or PC?
If you call Chase they will probably tell you to call PC....If you call PC they will probably tell you to call Chase....and the phone call rodeo will begin....

Another option (since this is a new Chase card benefit) is to wait until later in the year to see if the problem works itself out....you have plenty of time until 2013....
Old Apr 27, 2012, 1:05 am

Free Transfer?

I read in another forum that Platinum can transfer points to other members (spouse) free (not $5/1000 points) but can't find the web page. Is this a real benefit? How do I do it?
Old Apr 27, 2012, 1:23 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
I've had the very same card for a little over a year (applied last year under the 60K promo), and for some reason my account reads that I need to earn 6XXX points to renew Platinum for 2013. Clearly something is amiss...
There is nothing clearly amiss... The status countdown stays on your account page, regardless. Look for a 0-point line that reads "SELECT PLATINUM UPGRADE", probably back in March. That's how you know.

(The countdown is still valid. It's what you need to earn if you do not keep the Visa card...)
Old Apr 27, 2012, 6:41 pm

Programs: DL GM
I got the card last month, and made my first purchase, the points of which have posted (Apr 16), but the bonus/plat have not posted. Gold everytime I log in. Will wait for the 2nd billing cycle before I try calling Chase/PC.

FYI. When I called to activate my card the rep said gold for life, and I had to ask if it wasn't platinum and she (i assume look/asked) came back saying that it was plat.
Old May 2, 2012, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
There is nothing clearly amiss... The status countdown stays on your account page, regardless. Look for a 0-point line that reads "SELECT PLATINUM UPGRADE", probably back in March. That's how you know.

(The countdown is still valid. It's what you need to earn if you do not keep the Visa card...)
Thanks for the tip (didn't get back to this thread until today). Nope, no "SELECT PLATINUM UPGRADE" notation on my account. Looks like I'll have to bring it up with PC CS . I have received 10% of points for award reservations back, and my Visa spend posts normally, so it's not like they're not aware that I have the card...

Last edited by honu; May 2, 2012 at 4:53 am
Old May 2, 2012, 7:49 am

Thanks for the tip (didn't get back to this thread until today). Nope, no "SELECT PLATINUM UPGRADE" notation on my account. Looks like I'll have to bring it up with PC CS . I have received 10% of points for award reservations back, and my Visa spend posts normally, so it's not like they're not aware that I have the card...
I don't have any upgrade notation on my account either. It might be because I've already requalified on points for 2013. It might be because I am already Platinum from qualifying last year.

What's it really matter? If you stay at any ICs during the year qualifying should not be a problem. I'd only complain if you don't see yourself requalifying and probably not until early next year when the upgrade will actually be an upgrade.
Old May 2, 2012, 8:05 am

I am a new PC Visa holder, received my 80,000 points and used some for a stay April 21.I have not received my 10% back although the points for incidentals has posted. What is the normal time frame for their posting (I did not see anything about the 10% on my card info when it came, has this changed?)
Thanks
Old May 2, 2012, 12:41 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Adirondacker
What is the normal time frame for their posting
Takes up to a month after the stay. My last three have been 19, 14, and 30 days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.