Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2015, 4:07 am
Suspended

Introduction

Hello Everyone,
I am new here.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 9:01 pm

Programs: American, Delta, Southwest
This is very overwhelming! But I'm determined.

I have been a member of many programs for years, but I honestly never felt like it was worth it. I always hear them talk about the elite tier, but assumed I was destined to be on the bottom. Hopefully I'm wrong!
Old Jul 20, 2015, 9:28 pm

So here I am. I never thought I was going to ever write in the 'newy' section of a forum, but there is always a first time.

So... I feel a little bit dumb here because I am of the rare species of the ones who traveled the world actually paying full price for flights and hotels (although it was mostly hostels).

I have managed to be able to live without a schedule, so now I am looking to do it all over again but the smart way, that is why I am here willing to learn.

If anyone has any tip besides 'read as much as you can' on a small thing I could do to 'start' I will be very happy. The first step is always the hardes and also the more encouraging.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 3:58 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, BA Silver
Aaand hello from me as well.
I recently attained the Platinum status on AirFrance, and wonder what I can actually get out of it. I guess that makes me Elite Plus on SkyTeam, right? But what exactly does that mean, concretely?
I'm here to find out how and to make the most out of my new little black card.
Talk with you soon, I hope.
ubu

Last edited by macubu; Jul 21, 2015 at 5:15 am
Old Jul 21, 2015, 8:41 am

Hi Everyone,

European citizen here, with a career in academics and visiting conferences in Europe on a regular basis. looking forward to start actually utilizing flights and other stuff to start building miles.

Gr, BitWeasel
Old Jul 22, 2015, 3:28 pm

Programs: Star Alliance, Southwest, SPG, Club Carlson
Hello everyone! I am a newbie here too, but trying to rack up points and miles as well! My focus is on united, but also SPG and Club Carlson. Long way from the million mile club, but hoping to learn methods to maintain premier! Based in Golden CO (Denver), but travel frequently
Old Jul 22, 2015, 4:23 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm brand new to FlyerTalk, although I used to spend some time browsing the forums on airliners.net. My husband and I began travel hacking 2 years ago. We're about to travel hack our way through a year-long, round-the-world trip! I'm excited to be here and to learn from all of you.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 7:32 pm

Greetings!

Greetings from Hot and Sweaty Houston,Texas!!
Old Jul 22, 2015, 10:31 pm

Hello from SLC!
Old Jul 23, 2015, 12:51 pm

Hello FlyerTalk,

I'm Orville's Moustache. I'm a thirtysomething US male who's been half-assedly stumbling through the miles and points game for about a year now and is ready to Get Serious. I look forward to pestering many of you with questions of the sophisticated and newb-tacular types.

I'm based in LAX, but MIA is a close second. As a result, I'm in pretty deep with American Airlines, but I'm a member of about a dozen other frequent flyer programs. I've lived in thirteen cities in my life, so airplanes and airports are home for me. It's only natural that I take advantage, I figure.

It's good to be a member of this famous (infamous?) board. Thanks for having me! And if you're ever in LA and wanna get a taco (or MIA and wanna get a croqueta), holler.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 1:27 pm

Hey there FlyerTalk,

First post here. I'm in the Chicago-land area and I'll probably spend the first few months reading before doing a lot of posting. Hope to learn quite a bit.

Cheers!
Old Jul 23, 2015, 4:06 pm

Hello

First post from Alpharetta, GA!
Old Jul 24, 2015, 7:13 am

First post from the DC-MD-VA area - looking forward to getting to know everyone on the forum and hopefully at the Chicago conference!
Old Jul 24, 2015, 7:14 pm

Smile New here! Hello!

Hi there.

I've recently heard about this site, from an article. Plus, because of my interest in aviation, I thought I'd give it a try!

I've traveled all over the world from a young age, and hope to continue soon. My hope is by being on here, I'll meet lots of great people, expand my knowledge of the frequent flyer miles, find some tips and tricks to flying cheaper, and maybe meet some travel companions along the way.

I grew up in Central America, and lived my whole life hopping from country to country at least half the year.
I can remember at least one time, we spent a full year in Costa Rica without leaving. But that's just once!

Thank you so much for having me, and I look forward to meeting other world travelers like myself.

Cheers!
Old Jul 25, 2015, 7:21 am

Thumbs up Aloha

Just joined Flyertalk. I thought me and my friend were oddities into accumulating miles with credit card sign ups, and here I discover an entire community devoted to racking up the miles. This is just awesome. Hope to learn as well as share.^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.