FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Information Desk (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/information-desk-730/)
-   -   New Member Roll Call! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/information-desk/1520501-new-member-roll-call.html)

mbandawat85 Dec 28, 2013 2:41 pm

Just joined today as a new member. My name is Mark. My username is mbandawat85. There wasn't enough space for all the frequent travel programs I have status with. They are the following: Le Club Accorhotels - Platinum, Best Western Rewards - Diamond Elite, Choice Privileges - Elite Platinum, Club Carlson - Gold Elite, Hilton HHonors - Silver, Hyatt Gold Passport - Platinum, IHG Rewards Club - Platinum Elite, Kimpton Inner Circle, Langham 1865 - Voyager, Marriot Rewards - Silver Elite, MGM M Life - Platinum, Millennium & Copthorne Loyalty Club - Gold, Starwood Preferred Guest - Corporate Preferred, VOILA Rewards - Centaurus, Avis - Avis First, Enterprise - Gold, Hertz - Five Star, National - Executive, Sixt - Platinum.

timmytim Dec 28, 2013 11:16 pm

Noob Here

Hello all, new to FlyerTalk and loving it so far!

I recently accepted a "traveling" consultant position and have been at it for about 2 months now. I have been flying Delta out of PHX and my first gig was in Minnesota.

Im now on to my next gig which is in Tulsa. SWA is the only airline that offers Nonstop service there so I will be flying them from now through August 2014.

I'm very excited to be a part of this community! I didnt know it existed until recently. I look forward to learning as much as possible and hopefully helping others as well.

thehopefultraveler Dec 29, 2013 9:47 am

New To Flyertalk!

Hello Flyertalk community!

My name is Brianna and I'm very excited to be joining your forums, and so happy I found this site!
I've been reading the forums here for a little bit and decided to go ahead and join so I can truly start meeting everyone and contributing.

I'm very new to the miles game, and am looking for some advice for how and where to start out (which airline is best to invest my miles/money in, which alliance, etc.). Would a question like this belong in the information forum?

A little about myself, I'm a young professional currently working as a TV news producer for ABC. My miles would mostly go towards international travel to Europe so that I could visit friends more often.
I have a passion for travel, photography, new experiences and meeting new people. I'm very happy to be a new member of Flyertalk and can't wait to get to know everyone :)

SKYEG Dec 29, 2013 10:26 pm

Welcome!!!!

scoow Dec 30, 2013 7:33 am

Originally Posted by mbandawat85 (Post 22041721)
... There wasn't enough space for all the frequent travel programs I have status with....

Have you considered focusing on fewer programs / higher status? Also, entering a space in your Profile Programs will allow the text to wrap to the next line, reducing the super-wide box on the left side of your post.

Originally Posted by thehopefultraveler (Post 22045043)
...I'm very new to the miles game, and am looking for some advice for how and where to start out (which airline is best to invest my miles/money in, which alliance, etc.). Would a question like this belong in the information forum? ...

That would be a perfect question for this forum. You can start by comparing the US airline programs here.

thunderstrike Dec 31, 2013 12:48 am

Thanks! Only recently heard about this but hoping to travel as much as possible in the new year! Cheers All

beckoa Dec 31, 2013 1:21 am

Originally Posted by thunderstrike (Post 22054809)
Thanks! Only recently heard about this but hoping to travel as much as possible in the new year! Cheers All

Welcome to flyertalk thunderstrike^

And a great resolution to boot ;)

Happy New Years!

Rgtoth Dec 31, 2013 7:46 am

Hello all. Just started learning about how to earn miles in ways other than just flying. Looking to maximize miles in the next year to afford first class to Italy for my wife and my 25 anniversary.

Have a smattering of points through most of the major airlines with the most on United at just over 50K. I know it's not much but looking to build on them.

Looking forward to all the advice here on how I can get us there and back without exorbitant fees!

beckoa Dec 31, 2013 12:07 pm

Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Rgtoth welcome to Flyertalk ^

Sounds like you have a good start- I'd stop by the UA forum to find out how to maximize your experience and earnings. And you can book OW awards with UA and its partners so you might be able to book OW on another alliance.

idiosncratichris Dec 31, 2013 1:47 pm

Hello all!

Brand new member here (haven't even lurked for that long) and wanted to stop by and introduce myself. Can anyone recommend any essential reading for me on how to get started? I'd love to learn everything there is to know about traveling on miles and points, but everything seems so overwhelming at this point! Any help is much appreciated!

idiosncratichris

Graves Jan 1, 2014 2:12 am

Hello all, my name is Graves, and I joined because I got a taste of the good life business traveling and qualifying for United Silver last year. I then heard about MR on NPR, and decided that silver was just the start. I expect to hit gold just based on normal business travel, but reaching 1K and beyond is the ultimate goal. Looking forward to learning a lot, racking up the miles, and hopefully making a few friends a long the way. Thanks for having this place.

parula6 Jan 1, 2014 10:53 am

Hey, just found Flyertalk and joined -- looks like a wonderful forum. I'm USA-based and travel internationally about once a year (usually to Australasia), as unfortunately that's all the time and $$$ I can afford:). I look forward to learning how to do so much more efficiently from all the savvy folks here, as I need to go to Manila in July 2014. And Happy New Year, everybody!

WISLUGGO Jan 1, 2014 1:44 pm

Greetings from snowy Wisconsin! Just joined FT as I am new to the miles/points game, and the bug has bitten HARD. My wife and I will be taking a trip this fall (our trip of a lifetime): ORD - NRT - BKK - SYD - ICN - ORD. All business class thanks to a friend helping me buy the starpoints and booking the ticket through US Air prior to merger.

Since then we have gotten our CSP and our Ink Bold to help offset the hotel expenses...see, I told you it bit HARD.

Looking forward to learning a bunch here!

Blue87turbo Jan 1, 2014 3:00 pm

Hello everyone! Finally got around to creating an account. Gonna try and learn a few things to maximize my travel experience. Right now I'm working as a consultant on the East Coast, and this year we are allowed to use our flights home on alternate destinations. Lots of trips to the West Coast planned! My goal for the year is to get Gold status on United by June/July. Then maybe do some overseas traveling. Looking forward to my time here!

AudreyWants2Travel Jan 1, 2014 6:21 pm

Just joined! My friend directed me to this site after I asked how he got 10 first class tickets to Hawaii from Washington, DC for 800 dollars. I'm extremely intrigued by all of this and also a little lost at the language. Hoping I can learn a lot simply by poking around and reading until I am ready to test the waters myself. Super exciting stuff here and kudos to the founders who made this all possible!