Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

FFP miles posted to AC instead of OZ by Air India

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FFP miles posted to AC instead of OZ by Air India

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2023, 5:00 am

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, BA Gold
Originally Posted by KR60031
Hi,
This is my first time here. I traveled from ORD-HYD on March 29 and HYD-ORD on June 7. The airline for the entire itinerary was Air India. During booking, I provided my Asiana OZ member number for miles. After I took my onward journey, I noticed Air India didn't post it to my Asiana account. So, I submitted a missing miles request with Asiana and got credit instantly. When I submitted the request for my return HYD-ORD, Asiana said it was credited to another airline's FFP account - then I pulled up my reservation and noticed the FFP was different and starts with AC. During my travel, I confirmed with Air India a few times and they validated they see my Asiana airlines FFP.

What do I do for next steps to get my miles credited to Asiana? I am nearing Star Alliance Gold and this would have helped me big time. Can someone please recommend next steps? I appreciate it
This recently happened to me, but on a SYD-PIT (via a combination of LAX/DEN/ORD). My outbound flights credited OK to UA, however, I noted that on the way back, no mileage had been credited to my account - and my online BP had an AC*FF attached to it.

Called AC to immediately rectify and reverse the transaction, and to block the account (presumed created under my name fraudulently - as I don't have an account with AC). UA were good enough to manually credit me the mileage with correspondence from AC.

Similarities with your situation;
- Mine occurred MAY 23
- We both flew thru ORD
- Scam account also created with AC (AC agent said it was pooled into a family account with a Caucasian name - I am not Caucasian)

I did have an IRROPS where I missed a flight from ORD on that itinerary, requiring rebooking at the airport ... could it have been a UA/ORD agent??? Was in paid J the entire journey.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 8:25 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by im.daniel
This recently happened to me, but on a SYD-PIT (via a combination of LAX/DEN/ORD). My outbound flights credited OK to UA, however, I noted that on the way back, no mileage had been credited to my account - and my online BP had an AC*FF attached to it.

Called AC to immediately rectify and reverse the transaction, and to block the account (presumed created under my name fraudulently - as I don't have an account with AC). UA were good enough to manually credit me the mileage with correspondence from AC.

Similarities with your situation;
- Mine occurred MAY 23
- We both flew thru ORD
- Scam account also created with AC (AC agent said it was pooled into a family account with a Caucasian name - I am not Caucasian)

I did have an IRROPS where I missed a flight from ORD on that itinerary, requiring rebooking at the airport ... could it have been a UA/ORD agent??? Was in paid J the entire journey.
How did you purchase your ticket? It seems like AC is very lax about matching FFP# with pax name.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 10:40 am

Programs: AA, BA Silver (at least for a few more months)
I spoke with the Air India office in Chicago this morning and my son's booking has been updated to remove the fraudulent API and Frequent Flyer info. They didn't know how/when it was added but patiently helped rectify the situation.

I don't think it's a UA agent, there was total chaos at the O'Hare AI counter when my son was flying out on the 7th, flight delayed 13 hours from noon to 1 am, and a couple hundred passengers waiting to check in plus plus dealing with missed connections in Delhi, so my guess is it happened in that chaos. Ticket was a paid J and my son usually keeps his BP as a souvenir.

im.daniel - If this happens on the inbound, I will follow in your steps and call UA, and mention the fraudulent AC account. My family has never flown Air Canada nor do any of us have AC frequent flyer numbers so this whole thing is truly bizarre. I also kept screenshots of the AC frequent flyer number as proof.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 5:46 pm

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, BA Gold
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
How did you purchase your ticket? It seems like AC is very lax about matching FFP# with pax name.
Via Corporate TA.

Fraudulent AC account was created with my exact name (including middle).
Old Jul 3, 2023, 6:53 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by l2travel2
I spoke with the Air India office in Chicago this morning and my son's booking has been updated to remove the fraudulent API and Frequent Flyer info. They didn't know how/when it was added but patiently helped rectify the situation.
They can pull up who changed what in intricate detail, just use the RH command and narrow it down to the line number of the SR element that has the FFP information: https://amadeus.com/en/insights/blog...he-pnr-history
Old Jul 4, 2023, 2:25 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
They can pull up who changed what in intricate detail, just use the RH command and narrow it down to the line number of the SR element that has the FFP information: https://amadeus.com/en/insights/blog...he-pnr-history
It's not like an audit trail isn't maintained. Of course it is. However I'm sure that AI staff wouldn't like to help unless they are compelled to for a million different reasons.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.