Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

FFP miles posted to AC instead of OZ by Air India

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FFP miles posted to AC instead of OZ by Air India

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2023, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Unhappy FFP miles posted to AC instead of OZ by Air India

Hi,
This is my first time here. I traveled from ORD-HYD on March 29 and HYD-ORD on June 7. The airline for the entire itinerary was Air India. During booking, I provided my Asiana OZ member number for miles. After I took my onward journey, I noticed Air India didn't post it to my Asiana account. So, I submitted a missing miles request with Asiana and got credit instantly. When I submitted the request for my return HYD-ORD, Asiana said it was credited to another airline's FFP account - then I pulled up my reservation and noticed the FFP was different and starts with AC. During my travel, I confirmed with Air India a few times and they validated they see my Asiana airlines FFP.

What do I do for next steps to get my miles credited to Asiana? I am nearing Star Alliance Gold and this would have helped me big time. Can someone please recommend next steps? I appreciate it
Old Jun 16, 2023, 1:47 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Welcome to FT

Since this will likely need to be resolved by Air India as the operating carrier, I'm moving this to the Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines forum.

Adam Smith
AC Forum Moderator
Old Jun 16, 2023, 10:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
You'll likely have to be quite persistent with AI support. I had this happen once on ET, they insisted that I credited to a ShibaMiles account that I don't even have. Took a while but finally they unwound it and credited it to UA.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2023, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
It can be tough to recover and re-credit miles, and you may just have to write these off.
Depends whether the effort is worth the correct mileage posting.

THAI would not allow me to subsequently change a mileage credit from their TG ROP to NZ Airpoints programs after staff at MEL were ‘too busy’ to correct the accruing program. Darn annoying but I gave up…..
Old Jun 17, 2023, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Thank you everyone. I agree that following up with Air India would be the better option. I got a hold of Air India’s Executive Helpdesk so fingers crossed.

I’ll keep everyone posted.

They asked for a copy of my eight ticket and my boarding pass, which, luckily I kept.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2023, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Very strange, maybe a typo OZ --> AC from AI. Sounds like the outbound had no FQTV# attached and therefore a manual credit worked. Annoying. AI can hopefully fix this.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 10:51 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Moving to India-Based Airlines forum where matters relating to Air India belong.

NewbieRunner, Senior Moderator
Old Jun 19, 2023, 11:28 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
It will be a big challenge chasing AI to get these back no doubt. Getting back miles from any airline can be an incredibly frustrating task... with AI I imagine it will be like third degree torture. Still if it's getting you *G... that's probably a worthwhile fight.

You are a little unlucky that both OZ & AC have 9 digit FFP numbers... still the last name check should have prevented credit into a random AC account!

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Jun 19, 2023 at 12:14 pm
Old Jun 22, 2023, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Do you have an AC account or did the return journey just credit to a random AC account?
Old Jun 22, 2023, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
Do you have an AC account or did the return journey just credit to a random AC account?
‘I don’t have an AC account. And it gets even more mysterious. My return had two legs with two different boarding cards. The AC numbers on both cards were different. That’s so odd.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA, BA Silver (at least for a few more months)
Originally Posted by KR60031
‘I don’t have an AC account. And it gets even more mysterious. My return had two legs with two different boarding cards. The AC numbers on both cards were different. That’s so odd.
Ok, the same thing happened to my son on Jun 7. He was flying UM (unaccompanied minor) from ORD to DEL. I wanted his miles to go to his UA Mileage Plus account and there was a random AC freq flyer number on the BP. Funny thing is, I bought his ticket from the Chicago AI ticketing office and not through a travel agent or through an online portal myself.
My gut says it’s a scam where someone in ticketing puts in their relatives AC freq flyer number to collect miles and redeem as most passengers won’t even notice. My son didn’t notice and I had to request the BP be reissued.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 9:51 pm

This is the AC number that was somehow tied to my son's booking: AC 150106607. The ticketing agent at O'Hare asked me who I booked through and he seemed surprised when I said it was through their Chicago office.
It still shows up in MMB for my son's return journey and I don't know how to get it removed.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 10:06 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
https://www.indiatoday.in/mail-today...730-2016-06-22
Old Jun 23, 2023, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by l2travel2
This is the AC number that was somehow tied to my son's booking: AC 150106607. The ticketing agent at O'Hare asked me who I booked through and he seemed surprised when I said it was through their Chicago office.
It still shows up in MMB for my son's return journey and I don't know how to get it removed.
You can change it at check-in.
Old Jun 24, 2023, 5:01 am

Thanks, for the info. Unfortunately, there’s more to it so I have emailed the Chicago ticketing office since they issued the ticket.

My son is flying back soon and in MMB aside from the Frequent flyer number they somehow managed to add in someone else’s email ID, the travel document number shown is not for his US passport and is citizenship is listed now as Austrian. Can’t tell if this is fraud or IT glitch or incompetence…hope to have an answer on Monday. Will keep you all posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.