FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines-638/)
-   -   FFP miles posted to AC instead of OZ by Air India (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines/2125423-ffp-miles-posted-ac-instead-oz-air-india.html)

KR60031 Jun 16, 2023 1:38 pm

FFP miles posted to AC instead of OZ by Air India

Hi,
This is my first time here. I traveled from ORD-HYD on March 29 and HYD-ORD on June 7. The airline for the entire itinerary was Air India. During booking, I provided my Asiana OZ member number for miles. After I took my onward journey, I noticed Air India didn't post it to my Asiana account. So, I submitted a missing miles request with Asiana and got credit instantly. When I submitted the request for my return HYD-ORD, Asiana said it was credited to another airline's FFP account - then I pulled up my reservation and noticed the FFP was different and starts with AC. During my travel, I confirmed with Air India a few times and they validated they see my Asiana airlines FFP.

What do I do for next steps to get my miles credited to Asiana? I am nearing Star Alliance Gold and this would have helped me big time. Can someone please recommend next steps? I appreciate it

Adam Smith Jun 16, 2023 1:47 pm

Welcome to FT :)

Since this will likely need to be resolved by Air India as the operating carrier, I'm moving this to the Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines forum.

Adam Smith
AC Forum Moderator

dvs7310 Jun 16, 2023 10:20 pm

You'll likely have to be quite persistent with AI support. I had this happen once on ET, they insisted that I credited to a ShibaMiles account that I don't even have. Took a while but finally they unwound it and credited it to UA.

Thai-Kiwi Jun 17, 2023 2:00 am

It can be tough to recover and re-credit miles, and you may just have to write these off.
Depends whether the effort is worth the correct mileage posting.

THAI would not allow me to subsequently change a mileage credit from their TG ROP to NZ Airpoints programs after staff at MEL were ‘too busy’ to correct the accruing program. Darn annoying but I gave up…..

KR60031 Jun 17, 2023 7:43 am

Thank you everyone. I agree that following up with Air India would be the better option. I got a hold of Air India’s Executive Helpdesk so fingers crossed.

I’ll keep everyone posted.

They asked for a copy of my eight ticket and my boarding pass, which, luckily I kept.

cfischer Jun 17, 2023 4:57 pm

Very strange, maybe a typo OZ --> AC from AI. Sounds like the outbound had no FQTV# attached and therefore a manual credit worked. Annoying. AI can hopefully fix this.

NewbieRunner Jun 19, 2023 10:51 am

Moving to India-Based Airlines forum where matters relating to Air India belong.

NewbieRunner, Senior Moderator

PiperAtGatesofDawn Jun 19, 2023 11:28 am

It will be a big challenge chasing AI to get these back no doubt. Getting back miles from any airline can be an incredibly frustrating task... with AI I imagine it will be like third degree torture. Still if it's getting you *G... that's probably a worthwhile fight.

You are a little unlucky that both OZ & AC have 9 digit FFP numbers... still the last name check should have prevented credit into a random AC account!

Keyser Jun 22, 2023 9:19 am

Do you have an AC account or did the return journey just credit to a random AC account?

KR60031 Jun 22, 2023 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser (Post 35353590)
Do you have an AC account or did the return journey just credit to a random AC account?

‘I don’t have an AC account. And it gets even more mysterious. My return had two legs with two different boarding cards. The AC numbers on both cards were different. That’s so odd.

l2travel2 Jun 23, 2023 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by KR60031 (Post 35354903)
‘I don’t have an AC account. And it gets even more mysterious. My return had two legs with two different boarding cards. The AC numbers on both cards were different. That’s so odd.

Ok, the same thing happened to my son on Jun 7. He was flying UM (unaccompanied minor) from ORD to DEL. I wanted his miles to go to his UA Mileage Plus account and there was a random AC freq flyer number on the BP. Funny thing is, I bought his ticket from the Chicago AI ticketing office and not through a travel agent or through an online portal myself.
My gut says it’s a scam where someone in ticketing puts in their relatives AC freq flyer number to collect miles and redeem as most passengers won’t even notice. My son didn’t notice and I had to request the BP be reissued.

l2travel2 Jun 23, 2023 9:51 pm

This is the AC number that was somehow tied to my son's booking: AC 150106607. The ticketing agent at O'Hare asked me who I booked through and he seemed surprised when I said it was through their Chicago office.
It still shows up in MMB for my son's return journey and I don't know how to get it removed.

PiperAtGatesofDawn Jun 23, 2023 10:06 pm

https://www.indiatoday.in/mail-today...730-2016-06-22

PiperAtGatesofDawn Jun 23, 2023 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by l2travel2 (Post 35357889)
This is the AC number that was somehow tied to my son's booking: AC 150106607. The ticketing agent at O'Hare asked me who I booked through and he seemed surprised when I said it was through their Chicago office.
It still shows up in MMB for my son's return journey and I don't know how to get it removed.

You can change it at check-in.

l2travel2 Jun 24, 2023 5:01 am

Thanks, for the info. Unfortunately, there’s more to it so I have emailed the Chicago ticketing office since they issued the ticket.

My son is flying back soon and in MMB aside from the Frequent flyer number they somehow managed to add in someone else’s email ID, the travel document number shown is not for his US passport and is citizenship is listed now as Austrian. Can’t tell if this is fraud or IT glitch or incompetence…hope to have an answer on Monday. Will keep you all posted.