Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Jet airways one way upgrade cost LHR-BOM from Y

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet airways one way upgrade cost LHR-BOM from Y

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2013, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
I never asked, as I usually fly in J or F, and sometimes hold seats in all cabins at the same time on this sector. (Y, C, F - confirmed in advance as well! )

+1.

30k miles or INR?

Btw, what's the mileage requirement for an upgrade from J to F these days on India-LHR?
30k INR for a paid upgrade according to flyby747
Old Sep 16, 2013, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: MHC/5280AGL ; list too long to be boastful ;-)
Originally Posted by onlysuites
30k INR for a paid upgrade according to flyby747
Folks,

Just to summarise this 5 page discussion thread....
It appears like I'm the only customer that was offered a cash based upsell in the recent times based on numerous post, experiences and replies(and pm msgs too)

So just in case you did not get an upsell, before you pick a fight with the jet staff consider it is may be due to one or more of below, .

a) upsell/upgrade not available or offered for the flight
b) you are not a segmented customer holding an upsellable ticket
c) reasons JET only knows( internal family matters maybe as someone posted earlier)

Happy jetsetting!!
Old Sep 16, 2013, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by flyby747
Happy jetsetting!!
Happy jettisoning.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Folks,

Just to summarise this 5 page discussion thread....
It appears like I'm the only customer that was offered a cash based upsell in the recent times based on numerous post, experiences and replies(and pm msgs too)

So just in case you did not get an upsell, before you pick a fight with the jet staff consider it is may be due to one or more of below, .

c) reasons JET only knows( internal family matters maybe as someone posted earlier)

Happy jetsetting!!
My friend flew LHR-DEL on Tuesday night. The flight status was all 9's (J9 D9....) He checked with check-in and also with ticket desk and no upgrade options were offered to him. Business was 40% full..

Another data point that shows Jet doesn't know what they are doing, flew PNQ-DEL and was not offered a upgrade where as my colleague flying on same flight but who checked in after me was offered a 2k upgrade on a paid seat.

I really don't understand.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
just to give you another example, my colleague & i flew bom-del last evening....i was in business & he was in economy....i asked for an upsell for him at ticketing when we got to the airport & they said they were not offering it....

no it was not & i can't even remember the last time it was offered to me....to top things off, economy just had a couple of empty seats & business was half empty....

his ticket was bought in 'm' class on the day of travel....this is one of the higher economy classes & is eligible for all upgrades....on top of that he is also a platinum member....

this is how they work....internal family matters is why this airline is going from bad to worse....
Old Sep 30, 2013, 1:14 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Another data point that shows Jet doesn't know what they are doing, flew PNQ-DEL and was not offered a upgrade where as my colleague flying on same flight but who checked in after me was offered a 2k upgrade on a paid seat.

I really don't understand.
Happened to me too.. My friend who is JP Gold was offered an upsell and I'm Plat and it wasn't offered to me. Same flight, same booking class.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: MHC/5280AGL ; list too long to be boastful ;-)
Surprise to see this thread is still live....

After the recent Jet-Etihad deal, and they have plans to operationally integrate, consolidate and rationalise operations, and this includes sectors/routing, ticketing, ground handling, and excess capacity reduction. Otherwise there is no way it is going to bring value to JET's shareholders especially when Indian airline companies are facing severe rough weather in both domestic and international sectors.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Keyser & SuperFlyBoy,

Check-in cannot do an upsell, it is the ticketing desk that is capable of doing, provided there is availability.

Upgrade is something check-in staffs are able to but most airlines account revenue from ticketing and upgrades differently.
yet another upsell story from jet....was flying del-hkg last week & my colleague traveling with me inquired about an upsell at ticketing at the airport....he was told to check with the check-in staff first regarding availability....he did so, there was availability, he came back to ticketing & paid inr 16k for the upsell....flight was almost full in business....i think i remember seeing one empty seat....

on our way back a couple of days later he went to check-in to inquire about the upsell & was told check-in can't do that & they would have to check with ticketing....ticketing refused saying that there was no upsell on this flight....so he ended up traveling in economy & business was again almost full....this time there were 2 empty seats....

by the way, has anyone tried an upsell on a del-dxb or del-auh flight????any idea how much it costs????
Old Oct 24, 2013, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Keyser
by the way, has anyone tried an upsell on a del-dxb or del-auh flight????any idea how much it costs????
You should know by know that this all depends on the mood of the staff on the day
Old Oct 24, 2013, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You should know by know that this all depends on the mood of the staff on the day
fair enough....but if the mood is good then how much is the upsell????
Old Oct 24, 2013, 6:13 am
Used to be shahadil

Programs: Flying Returns, Jet Privilege, Hyatt Gold Passport
i have a theory on upsell issue. maybe they dont give it to frequent travellers who anyway travel mostly in business. because if they do, then they will make this a regular feature and no one will buy their J product and everyone will go for the upgrade.

however, for people travelling for the first time, or not regularly, maybe its a feature jet have where they let the passengers try their business class product a couple of times for a cheaper price than a J product, so that incase they like it, they purchase the J ticket the next time. and once you have tried the upsell a few times, they stop giving it to you.

what do you guys think?
Old Oct 24, 2013, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SpeedFreak
i have a theory on upsell issue. maybe they dont give it to frequent travellers who anyway travel mostly in business. because if they do, then they will make this a regular feature and no one will buy their J product and everyone will go for the upgrade.

however, for people travelling for the first time, or not regularly, maybe its a feature jet have where they let the passengers try their business class product a couple of times for a cheaper price than a J product, so that incase they like it, they purchase the J ticket the next time. and once you have tried the upsell a few times, they stop giving it to you.

what do you guys think?
sounds just like something jet would do but i don't think this is the case here....most of the time when i have inquired about an upsell, i just give them the flight number & i have been told whether they offer it or not for that flight....only if they offer it then i give them my pnr or jp number....so they really have no way of knowing at the start whether i am a frequent traveler or someone who usually travels in business class....
Old Oct 24, 2013, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SpeedFreak

what do you guys think?
I don't think so as I don't have any Jet status whatsoever nor do I ever credit flights to my Jet account. Still don't get offered paid upgrades.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
DEL-DXB...

Originally Posted by Keyser
yet another upsell story from jet....was flying del-...

Yes...They offered this to me for INR 6500 in September for DEL-DXB.
DXB-DEL was not offered at check-in but I was upgraded for Free.
I am a standard blue card Jet traveler and was flying discounted
economy both ways...;-)

F.A.

Last edited by flyalways; Nov 1, 2013 at 6:04 am
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyalways
Yes...They offered this to me for INR 6500 in September for DEL-DXB.
DXB-DEL was not offered at check-in but I was upgraded for Free.
I am not standard blue card Jet traveler and was flying discounted
economy both ways...;-)

F.A.
good to know....thanks....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.