FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines-638/)
-   -   Jet airways one way upgrade cost LHR-BOM from Y (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines/1495125-jet-airways-one-way-upgrade-cost-lhr-bom-y.html)

flyby747 Aug 18, 2013 9:15 am

Jet airways one way upgrade cost LHR-BOM from Y

Hi

I am travelling LHR-BOM on Y. I think it is a restricted cheap fare.

Could anyone tell me what would be the upgrade cost at the airport ticket counter for oneway to J. I am not a jet air privilage member, is it worth enrolling just for the sake of upgrade

Thanks

Anish Aug 18, 2013 11:57 pm

I've never heard of Jet offering cash upgrades on their LHR-BOM sector.. You will need to pay the difference between your Y and the cheapest J fare.

Keyser Aug 19, 2013 2:56 am

Originally Posted by flyby747 (Post 21293048)
Hi

I am travelling LHR-BOM on Y. I think it is a restricted cheap fare.

Could anyone tell me what would be the upgrade cost at the airport ticket counter for oneway to J. I am not a jet air privilage member, is it worth enrolling just for the sake of upgrade

Thanks

i don't think they offer cash upgrades on this sector....but you could check if a seat is available to upgrade with miles....if it is then you could buy the miles & use that to upgrade....you may end up saving a little over just paying the difference between economy & business....

onlysuites Aug 19, 2013 4:46 am

You could trade for Upgrade vouchers and only need one for this route. Check CC there is someone ;) trading them right now.

flyby747 Aug 19, 2013 5:08 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites (Post 21297004)
You could trade for Upgrade vouchers and only need one for this route. Check CC there is someone ;) trading them right now.

CC, would that be Club Carlson ?

onlysuites Aug 19, 2013 5:16 am

Originally Posted by flyby747 (Post 21297052)
CC, would that be Club Carlson ?

Coupon connection forum in FT

flyby747 Aug 19, 2013 5:27 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites (Post 21297073)
Coupon connection forum in FT

Thanks for that, i just realised I am far away from getting access to Coupon Connections ... :(

If you have access, would you be kind enough to check the offer price for me. Thanks,

A2A Aug 19, 2013 6:12 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites (Post 21297004)
You could trade for Upgrade vouchers and only need one for this route.

LHR BOM would require 3 upgrade vouchers, not one.

onlysuites Aug 19, 2013 6:15 am

Originally Posted by A2A (Post 21297250)
LHR BOM would require 3 upgrade vouchers, not one.

Monday blues! :o

Flyfromscratch Aug 19, 2013 7:42 am

Originally Posted by flyby747 (Post 21297102)
Thanks for that, i just realised I am far away from getting access to Coupon Connections ... :(

If you have access, would you be kind enough to check the offer price for me. Thanks,

Before you purchase the coupons, make sure you have checked that your current fare class allows for upgrade thorough vouchers.. or you could tell us your ticket fare class and we can tell you the rest :)

flyby747 Aug 19, 2013 8:14 am

Thanks folks, I just checked and found mine is restricted V/H economy class fare.
There is plenty of empty seats in the flight and do I stand any chance at the airport ....will find out anyway :-)

onlysuites Aug 19, 2013 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by flyby747 (Post 21297755)
Thanks folks, I just checked and found mine is restricted V/H economy class fare.
There is plenty of empty seats in the flight and do I stand any chance at the airport ....will find out anyway :-)

I flew three weeks back on LHR-DEL and asked for paid upgrade to First from Premiere and was given a what are you talking about look. I saw the station manager afterwards and she told me that they have stopped all paid upgrades. A operational one is likely in case of over booking but then the pecking order is normally

1. Members of staff
2. Direct family of staff
3. In direct Family of staff
4. House help of staff who are travelling
5. Platinum
6. Gold
7. Silver
8. Bronze
9. Then you would come into it.

SuperFlyBoy Aug 21, 2013 10:38 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites (Post 21299357)
I flew three weeks back on LHR-DEL and asked for paid upgrade to First from Premiere and was given a what are you talking about look. I saw the station manager afterwards and she told me that they have stopped all paid upgrades. A operational one is likely in case of over booking but then the pecking order is normally

1. Members of staff
2. Direct family of staff
5. Platinum
6. Gold
7. Silver
8. Bronze
9. Then you would come into it.

So no real hope there, as most of the international flights have gazillion of staff members traveling on board! :td: :mad:

Flyfromscratch Aug 21, 2013 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by onlysuites (Post 21299357)
...........but then the pecking order is normally

5. Platinum

So it's better to be remotely related to a Jet Staff than to be a plat member.. lol...

SuperFlyBoy Aug 21, 2013 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by simz (Post 21312018)
So it's better to be remotely related to a Jet Staff than to be a plat member.. lol...

It's very true, sad to say! :eek: