Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Jet airways one way upgrade cost LHR-BOM from Y

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet airways one way upgrade cost LHR-BOM from Y

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2014, 8:39 am

Programs: AA EXP,SPG 75
Doing a DEL-BLR segment on 9W soon and had a question about their upgrade process.

If their manage booking web site offers you an upgrade, but when you click the link to start the process it says their are no seats available for upgrade at the moment, is there any recourse. Could I call Jet? Is there a way to see seat availability since 9W is not on Expert Flyer anymore?

Last edited by YouGeeElWhy; Feb 5, 2014 at 8:56 am
Old Feb 5, 2014, 10:22 am

Programs: 9W Plat, UK Plat, AI Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Taj IC Silver
Originally Posted by SpeedFreak
i have a theory on upsell issue. maybe they dont give it to frequent travellers who anyway travel mostly in business. because if they do, then they will make this a regular feature and no one will buy their J product and everyone will go for the upgrade.

however, for people travelling for the first time, or not regularly, maybe its a feature jet have where they let the passengers try their business class product a couple of times for a cheaper price than a J product, so that incase they like it, they purchase the J ticket the next time. and once you have tried the upsell a few times, they stop giving it to you.

what do you guys think?
Not sure about upsell, but may be true for op ups. I was upgraded to J a lot of times when was a blue member, though that was at least 5 years ago. Even on Emirates, I was upgraded from J to F last year on a DXB-ZRH flight. It was second ever flight with Emirates.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by YouGeeElWhy
Doing a DEL-BLR segment on 9W soon and had a question about their upgrade process.

If their manage booking web site offers you an upgrade, but when you click the link to start the process it says their are no seats available for upgrade at the moment, is there any recourse. Could I call Jet? Is there a way to see seat availability since 9W is not on Expert Flyer anymore?
even if the entire business cabin was empty, they usually don't offer any seats for upgrade....your best bet is to upgrade at the airport....
Old Mar 15, 2014, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MHC/5280AGL ; list too long to be boastful ;-)
Just another update on a recent India trip again using Jet. I was holding a cheap Y ticket.

I didn't get an upsell fare for the outbound leg of my journey couple of weeks ago.
However, I managed to get one on my way back on BOM-LHR for 35000INR (roughly £350).
Old Mar 16, 2014, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by flyby747
Just another update on a recent India trip again using Jet. I was holding a cheap Y ticket.

I didn't get an upsell fare for the outbound leg of my journey couple of weeks ago.
However, I managed to get one on my way back on BOM-LHR for 35000INR (roughly £350).
That is a very good price! ^
Old Mar 22, 2014, 5:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by onlysuites
That is a very good price! ^
On the way out, I think they had one seat in J for upsell at LHR T4.
They made me wait till the last hour at ticketing desk, however, they did not offer to me. I suspect it went free to a JET staff travelling that day to BOM.

Bottom-line - JET lost a revenue of £500 or £600 from a single pax. I know it is a dismal number but I really do not like companies running on 'personal favours' morales and ethics. Culture wise, such things are accepted norms for any company operating in Indian subcontinent....
Old Mar 22, 2014, 7:19 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
I just got offered a INR 4k upsell (online thru Manage Booking) for a one-way DEL-ATQ flight.

Seems quite poor value compared to some of the others I read in this thread. Correct?
Old Mar 23, 2014, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by AJLondon
I just got offered a INR 4k upsell (online thru Manage Booking) for a one-way DEL-ATQ flight.

Seems quite poor value compared to some of the others I read in this thread. Correct?
not worth it for such a short flight....
Old Mar 24, 2014, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I normally pay an upgrade charge of 1k for this route.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 5:54 am

I normally pay an upgrade charge of 1k for this route.
That sounds much better! Does it show up in the manage booking as an option? Or at online check-in?
Old Mar 25, 2014, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That sounds much better! Does it show up in the manage booking as an option? Or at online check-in?
AJ I never buy a revenue ticket on this route. It just doesn't make sense paying 4-6k. I always buy a reward seat for 4k or 3200 to IXC then pay 1k to upgrade to business. Managed to get 3 seats in J a few days back for this flight which retails for 15k. So instead of spending 45k got it for 9600 miles and 6k in taxes and fees. ^
Old Mar 25, 2014, 6:11 am

AJ I never buy a revenue ticket on this route. It just doesn't make sense paying 4-6k. I always buy a reward seat for 4k or 3200 to IXC then pay 1k to upgrade to business. Managed to get 3 seats in J a few days back for this flight which retails for 15k. So instead of spending 45k got it for 9600 miles and 6k in taxes and fees. ^
What an idea, sirji!

I must start learning these tricks, as I need to make several trips to IXC as well, in addition to ATQ.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What an idea, sirji!

I must start learning these tricks, as I need to make several trips to IXC as well, in addition to ATQ.
^
Old Apr 19, 2014, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Does anyone know whether there is a Business lounge in Kochi (COK) airport?.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 12:36 pm
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by flyby747
Does anyone know whether there is a Business lounge in Kochi (COK) airport?.
there is a very crappy clipper lounge there. btw, this question belongs to a different thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.