Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Jet airways one way upgrade cost LHR-BOM from Y

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet airways one way upgrade cost LHR-BOM from Y

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2013, 2:21 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Hm, perhaps a staff member would be willing to hire me as temporary "help"
Old Aug 26, 2013, 4:00 pm
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
I am trying to price out a ticket from DEL to EWR with Jet miles.. I can see from the redemption page that it would cost me 47000 in eco and 94 in business and the corresponding tax..

but for partner airlines, there is no good way to figure out the tax.. I want to know how much will it cost for a partner redemption.. their chart says 55k miles for eco, but no tax component is mentioned..

does any have a clue.. and how many miles they want for a business redemption on a partner..??
Old Aug 26, 2013, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by simz
I am trying to price out a ticket from DEL to EWR with Jet miles.. I can see from the redemption page that it would cost me 47000 in eco and 94 in business and the corresponding tax..

but for partner airlines, there is no good way to figure out the tax.. I want to know how much will it cost for a partner redemption.. their chart says 55k miles for eco, but no tax component is mentioned..

does any have a clue.. and how many miles they want for a business redemption on a partner..??
Business will be double. If chart says 55k then it will be 110k return for business. Best way to find out cost of taxes is by using this site. Plug in the same flights you want and see what tax on a paid ticket will cost. 9W is a bit nuts now days so sometimes they like to make up their own taxes but I have always got taxes to match this site for all their redemption's.

If you can't work out the taxes drop me a PM and I will have a look for you.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by onlysuites
If chart says 55k then it will be 110k return for business.
it would actually be 110k one way in business....
Old Aug 29, 2013, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Keyser
it would actually be 110k one way in business....
Yes. Not sure where the return part came into my reply.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 7:50 am
Used to be ' simz '

Business will be double. If chart says 55k then it will be 110k return for business. Best way to find out cost of taxes is by using this site. Plug in the same flights you want and see what tax on a paid ticket will cost. 9W is a bit nuts now days so sometimes they like to make up their own taxes but I have always got taxes to match this site for all their redemption's.

If you can't work out the taxes drop me a PM and I will have a look for you.
Thanks man.. this is helpful.. one question though - does Jet charge fuel surcharge on it's redemption on partner airlines.. coz that would mean the difference between using the miles and not using the miles
Old Aug 29, 2013, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks man.. this is helpful.. one question though - does Jet charge fuel surcharge on it's redemption on partner airlines.. coz that would mean the difference between using the miles and not using the miles
They do. Only certain routes/airlines don't have fuel surcharges. I just ticketed a EK redemption for only Rs2500 taxes. The same redemption from a different city an hour away had $250 YQ on it. I checked ITA to see if YQ was added on the routing I was after.

But yes they do.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 8:35 am
Used to be shahadil

Programs: Flying Returns, Jet Privilege, Hyatt Gold Passport
not on ek and not on nz. only applicable airport and govt. taxes are charged. these i have had a personal experience with.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by SpeedFreak
not on ek and not on nz. only applicable airport and govt. taxes are charged. these i have had a personal experience with.
Not on CX and DL either. But I haven't redeemed in a long while, so I don't know if things have changed on that front.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 9:44 am
Used to be ' simz '

They do. Only certain routes/airlines don't have fuel surcharges. I just ticketed a EK redemption for only Rs2500 taxes. The same redemption from a different city an hour away had $250 YQ on it. I checked ITA to see if YQ was added on the routing I was after.

But yes they do.
Originally Posted by jasepl
Not on CX and DL either. But I haven't redeemed in a long while, so I don't know if things have changed on that front.
Thanks guys.. this is good info.. This helps figure out which airlines to target and which to avoid..
Old Aug 29, 2013, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

EK does on certain routes. You will have to check ITA for the routing you want.

I just did one and was quoted YQ on EK so changed the city to one that they don't charge YQ from. Maybe its region specific.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 4:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: MHC/5280AGL ; list too long to be boastful ;-)
Originally Posted by flyby747
Thanks folks, I just checked and found mine is restricted V/H economy class fare.
There is plenty of empty seats in the flight and do I stand any chance at the airport ....will find out anyway :-)

In case anyone interested, I DID get a one-way upgrade (what they now call 'upsell' ) from economy to premier on Jet airways. I paid £699+ £4.50 creditcard charge. This is in contrary to the 'list' what onlysuites posted earlier.

a) I am not a jet privilage member
b) I do not have any relatives working for Jet
b) First time I am flying jet airways !
Old Sep 4, 2013, 5:01 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
In case anyone interested, I DID get a one-way upgrade (what they now call 'upsell' ) from economy to premier on Jet airways. I paid £699+ £4.50 creditcard charge. This is in contrary to the 'list' what onlysuites posted earlier.

Congrats! ^
Old Sep 4, 2013, 10:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Upgrade offered to DXB..

I flew three weeks back on LHR-DEL and asked for paid upgrade to First from Premiere and was given a what are you talking about look. I saw the station manager afterwards and she told me that they have stopped all paid upgrades. A operational one is likely in case of over booking but then the pecking order is normally

1. Members of staff
2. Direct family of staff
3. In direct Family of staff
4. House help of staff who are travelling
5. Platinum
6. Gold
7. Silver
8. Bronze
9. Then you would come into it.
Hi there,

An upgrade was offered to me from DEL->DXB for INR 6500. This was from
cheap economy (S) to Business class..

So upgrades in certain sectors are still offered. Inbound from DXB to DEL
was a Op-Up from Economy (W) class to Business and I do not have any status with 9W :-)

F.A.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That list referred to Operational upgrades.

What route did you fly on? You mention £'s so could be LHR-India? This must be something new as I flew this route last month and was told no paid upgrades are available unless you pay difference between your fare and Business which is what you must have done? How much was your original Y ticket?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.