Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Jet and the Star Alliance. Will they / Won't they?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2012, 8:41 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus: Premier Silver
Originally Posted by CXBA
EY currently has a grand total of 5 codeshares with ST, none more are forecasted so far, and this does not guarantee they will enter the alliance, neither Hogan has expressed any intention to, therefore arguing that 9W will enter ST due to this share purchase is stretching the facts a lot IMHO. I am more in agreement to previous post statement, but then I guess 9W is not exactly thrilled to be involved in an alliance partnership with Lufthansa.
Not only that, but Hogan also stated that etihad had no plans to join skyteam right now.
http://www.kippreport.com/2012/10/we...kyteam-etihad/

Sure Jet Airways could join skyteam, but they could have joined 3 years ago. If relations between Etihad and Air France continue to warm, that may change, but as it stands there's little reason for Etihad to do AF such a huge favor.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 8:59 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
Jet has asked Ministry of Civil Aviation permission to join Star, however AI is till opposing it. It will be interesting to see what Etihad thinks about it. Still EY only owns 24%, and Jet is free to do what it needs to be profitable.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 9:07 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by hyho61
Jet has asked Ministry of Civil Aviation permission to join Star, however AI is till opposing it. It will be interesting to see what Etihad thinks about it. Still EY only owns 24%, and Jet is free to do what it needs to be profitable.
I think Jet is doing quite fine as it is.

All my domestic flights are chock-a-block, that's for sure!
Old Dec 3, 2012, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
I think Jet is doing quite fine as it is.
Tell that to it's bleeding balance sheet and dwindling marketshare and disappearing destinations !
Old Dec 3, 2012, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by jasepl
Tell that to it's bleeding balance sheet and dwindling marketshare and disappearing destinations !
Who is taking up 9W's domestic market share?
Old Dec 3, 2012, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Who is taking up 9W's domestic market share?
Everyone, evidently.

And how.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Here we go again. Didn't they ask a few months ago too? This is all media speculation to raise share prices and get investors interest.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
I can bet you they are *minting* money and not losing any.

It is only "eyewash".
Old Dec 3, 2012, 8:40 pm

I can bet you they are *minting* money and not losing any.

It is only "eyewash".
Oohhh... Do tell!

I don't know about minting, but I have heard some chatter about lala-lali and their routing the money through a personally-owned company to keep a lot of it for themselves. I don't know how true that is and, even if it were, if we should be seeing Jet post thousands of crores of profit.

What there is no disputing is that their marketshare has gone down considerably, their quality standards are, comparatively, very nearly abysmal and that they have been dropping destinations at a furious rate and that they're desperate to grab every paisa they can at any cost.

Of course, all those things don't have to imply a drop in profitability; could just be the opposite.

Originally Posted by Indian Express
Etti baby, slip 1600 under the tree, for me
I've been such a clueless JetFail
Etti baby, and hurry with the money, alright

Etti baby, I will move to Abu Dhabi, for you
O my knight in shining armour
Though you don't know what you're getting into

Etti baby, and hurry with the money, alright
Old Dec 3, 2012, 9:04 pm

I have heard some chatter about lala-lali and their routing the money through a personally-owned company to keep a lot of it for themselves. I don't know how true that is and, even if it were, if we should be seeing Jet post thousands of crores of profit.
Based on the loads I have seen, it is probably true - I have heard the same...
Old Dec 4, 2012, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Based on the loads I have seen, it is probably true - I have heard the same...
I can confirm the same. Heard from a very solid person high up in the Jet management. They are making very good money right now but they do have to cover the huge losses in the past.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 11:08 am

Programs: AA EXP | US PLT | Marriott PLT Premier | IHG PLT

Ok how hard is it to make a decision. They will join or not? Can't they set a deadline date and just make a decision?
Old Dec 15, 2012, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joejoe666
Ok how hard is it to make a decision. They will join or not? Can't they set a deadline date and just make a decision?
Simple. They won't. Was told this by someone who has the G man on his mobile quick dial.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 9:05 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
With EY in the mix, Jet will not join any alliance until EY decides and until the investment of EY is final.

Even if they join it now appears it could be Skyteam rather than Star.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

With EY in the mix, Jet will not join any alliance until EY decides and until the investment of EY is final.

Even if they join it now appears it could be Skyteam rather than Star.
I feel its even more unlikely now. Why would EY allow this when they are not a part of any alliance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.