Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Please report your successful 9W/AI/UK redemptions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please report your successful 9W/AI/UK redemptions here

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2018, 5:08 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn

That’s unlikely. SQ code shares even if they own the airlines will not show up for *A redemption. *A redemption has to be on *A metal. SQ flies a lot of the routes MI flies. Sometimes they alternate dates eg: SQ may fly M-W-F and MI may fly that same route T-Th-Sa-Su.
That explains it then...Anyway the Flying Return miles required are pretty stiff for the longer sectors and availability scarce as well.
Old May 4, 2018, 6:59 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by quarryking
That explains it then...Anyway the Flying Return miles required are pretty stiff for the longer sectors and availability scarce as well.
I've generally found better value to do domestic redemption on AI. Their international charts are extremely poor. Eg: BOM - PVG/HKG/SIN with AI charts on AI metal - 70,020 miles and I think 90,000 miles with AI on *A. On the other side BOM - SIN etc. with SQ on SQ metal - 35,000 miles and with SQ on *A metal - 50,000 miles.

If I were you I'd only use AI miles for domestic redemption. If you want to use your miles to fly international don't credit your miles to AI or 9W.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 2:35 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Has anyone booked a Jet award ticket in J, cancelled the ticket and checked whether they add award availability back to the flight?
Old Jul 3, 2018, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Anish
Has anyone booked a Jet award ticket in J, cancelled the ticket and checked whether they add award availability back to the flight?
Yeah it will do. But also depends on the load of the flight if its a busy flight then it won't.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 6:43 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by Anish
It would depend on a million factors.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 9:38 am

A quick question on AI FR policy on infant tickets. I have a confirmed reward booking on an international sector where travel dates are still few months away. I needed to add an infant ticket. But infant's passport is not done yet. I went to local AI ticketing office. They refused to book a ticket without passport information. I had carried birth certificate. I know [as I have done it before], passport details for infant are not a must for international ticket with other airlines of India. Did I got a wrong person, or is it the policy of AI?
Old Jul 14, 2018, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by kshastry
A quick question on AI FR policy on infant tickets. I have a confirmed reward booking on an international sector where travel dates are still few months away. I needed to add an infant ticket. But infant's passport is not done yet. I went to local AI ticketing office. They refused to book a ticket without passport information. I had carried birth certificate. I know [as I have done it before], passport details for infant are not a must for international ticket with other airlines of India. Did I got a wrong person, or is it the policy of AI?
Instead of trying to beat your head against a wall (talk/argue/discuss anything with AI) why don't you get your infant's passport issued right away? It takes a few days - there's no police verification etc. It's the less painful route for sure. Unless you have some issues getting it issued right now that's the best course of action.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 7:58 pm

I am trying to score a 9W redemption from BLR to CUN. The most convenient routing appears to be BLR-CDG-CUN on AF (both legs on AF metal). From their partner award chart, it appears that this will be a Zone 04 to Zone 11 redemption that costs 100,000 miles. However, if I consider this as two separate segments, BLR-CDG and CDG-CUN, according to the chart, I will be charged only 42,000+42,000 = 84,000 miles.

1) How much will 9W try to charge me?
2) If I route it as two separate segments, can 9W issue the ticket on a single PNR so that I can check-in my bags all the way till CUN and be protected against BLR-CDG flight delay?
3) If they issue the tickets on two separate PNRs, would AF allow me to check-in my bags all the way till CUN from BLR and also issue my CDG-CUN boarding pass in BLR itself so that I need not get a visa for France? (I understand that I won't be protected against BLR-CDG flight delay. The layover is ~5 hours in CDG).
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:12 pm

Re No. 3, I've checked in luggage all the way through on a BOM-CDG-MAD itinerary on separate tickets before. AF and 9W interline, so it shouldn't be a problem. I had to get a boarding pass for the second leg from the desk in CDG, if I remember.
ajayr likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 8:48 am

Programs: Blasé..
AFAIK for France now, Indians are not required to have the Transit Visa (courtesy 9W's tie-up with AF) - But the risk I see in the above is if the AF agent at BLR denies for a through check-in and than in-case your BLR-CDG flight is significantly delayed, you would end up in a soup!
ajayr likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by ajayr
I am trying to score a 9W redemption from BLR to CUN. The most convenient routing appears to be BLR-CDG-CUN on AF (both legs on AF metal). From their partner award chart, it appears that this will be a Zone 04 to Zone 11 redemption that costs 100,000 miles. However, if I consider this as two separate segments, BLR-CDG and CDG-CUN, according to the chart, I will be charged only 42,000+42,000 = 84,000 miles.

1) How much will 9W try to charge me?
2) If I route it as two separate segments, can 9W issue the ticket on a single PNR so that I can check-in my bags all the way till CUN and be protected against BLR-CDG flight delay?
3) If they issue the tickets on two separate PNRs, would AF allow me to check-in my bags all the way till CUN from BLR and also issue my CDG-CUN boarding pass in BLR itself so that I need not get a visa for France? (I understand that I won't be protected against BLR-CDG flight delay. The layover is ~5 hours in CDG).
Reporting back on this. 9W was able to issue the ticket on a single PNR. I was able to secure a business class award, they charged 84,000+84,000 = 168,000 miles. Taxes were Rs. 36,163.
PiperAtGatesofDawn likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by ajayr
I was able to secure a business class award, they charged 84,000+84,000 = 168,000 miles. Taxes were Rs. 36,163.
Ouch, that's pretty steep. But then again, Jet miles are valued somewhere in the peanut ballpark, so...
Old Sep 4, 2018, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by L_D_M
Ouch, that's pretty steep. But then again, Jet miles are valued somewhere in the peanut ballpark, so...
I think this is a pretty good deal - J return @ 168k miles. The taxes are fairly high but the mileage required is quite low.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 3:04 am

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
I think this is a pretty good deal - J return @ 168k miles. The taxes are fairly high but the mileage required is quite low.
Yeah, if it's a round-trip. I got the impression from the OP's post that it was one way.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 10:39 am

This is a one way award for 168k Miles + Rs. 36k taxes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.