Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Please report your successful 9W/AI/UK redemptions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please report your successful 9W/AI/UK redemptions here

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2018, 1:39 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by ajayr
This is a one way award for 168k Miles + Rs. 36k taxes.
You said the segments were coming to about 42k + 42k = 84k miles. So I assume this is for 2 passengers.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
You said the segments were coming to about 42k + 42k = 84k miles. So I assume this is for 2 passengers.
i think the op means that the blr - cdg - cun flight is broken up into 2 segments with blr - cdg for 42k (84k in business) miles & cdg - cun for another 42k (84k in business) miles....so its a one way business class ticket for 168k miles for one passenger....
ajayr likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 3:19 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by Keyser
i think the op means that the blr - cdg - cun flight is broken up into 2 segments with blr - cdg for 42k (84k in business) miles & cdg - cun for another 42k (84k in business) miles....so its a one way business class ticket for 168k miles for one passenger....
Oh ouch... L_D_M was right. That's a fairly bad deal then,
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Oh ouch... L_D_M was right. That's a fairly bad deal then,
There aren't many good partner deals left anymore. TBH there ain't any good Jet deals either.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
There aren't many good partner deals left anymore. TBH there ain't any good Jet deals either.
Left anymore... 9W & AI always had the worst redemption rates and it's not just on partner deals. Yes there may be 1-2 routes that give decent returns on their own metal esp. in domestic but generally they're just awful.

The rate and cost in this particular instance made me immediately assume (incorrectly) that it was return and that this was a redemption sweet spot. It's still hard for me to digest that 9W can ask for 336k miles + 72k INR for a return J flight to North America!!! That requires a very very high degree of shamelessness.

A SQ RTW ticket costs 240k miles in J and 360k in F!
Bioflyer and rtgta like this.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Sep 5, 2018 at 5:37 am
Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Left anymore... 9W & AI always had the worst redemption rates and it's not just on partner deals. Yes there may be 1-2 routes that give decent returns on their own metal esp. in domestic but generally they're just awful.
9w actually had some amazing deals with their partner airlines in the u.s. where you could fly one way for 2.5k jp miles in economy & 5k in business....i've lost count of the number of flights i have taken advantage of using these redemption rates....

ai still has a few good routes in the u.s. on united for 10k miles....
Old Sep 5, 2018, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
9w actually had some amazing deals with their partner airlines in the u.s. where you could fly one way for 2.5k jp miles in economy & 5k in business....i've lost count of the number of flights i have taken advantage of using these redemption rates....

ai still has a few good routes in the u.s. on united for 10k miles....
9Ws 2.5k party is over - I think it's 10k now. AI's entire USA chart has a few redemption sweet spots eg: JFK - HNL etc. and overall is decent but not overall great.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

9Ws 2.5k party is over - I think it's 10k now. AI's entire USA chart has a few redemption sweet spots eg: JFK - HNL etc. and overall is decent but not overall great.
the 9w 2.5k party ended a while back....i was just responding to your comment where you said 9w always had the worst redemption rates on partners....the 2.5k rates were around for many years & were amazing value....
Old Sep 6, 2018, 3:07 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
BOM-NRT is still a pretty sweet J redemption for 128k RT.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by Anish
BOM-NRT is still a pretty sweet J redemption for 128k RT.
Would differ with you on this one. UA charges 110k miles + 3.2k INR and with SQ it's 132k + 4k INR. I'm not sure what the fees component of the 9W ticket is. But it won't be significantly different. So once again it is average not pretty sweet.

A (really) sweet redemption would be like doing SIN - NRT - CGK with 25k AS miles. Now that's sweet!

I think given how poor redemption rates with 9W and AI are we get really excited when they offer average stuff.

I haven't spent a lot of time on 9Ws charts to be honest. But based on what I've seen and heard and read and done apart from a very small handful of routes like in the US where AI offers 30k flights where UA charges 45k miles etc. I'm yet to see a truly good redemption value from either of these airlines.

At very best they come up average and in a significant majority of the cases are truly awful.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 5:47 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Would differ with you on this one. UA charges 110k miles + 3.2k INR and with SQ it's 132k + 4k INR. I'm not sure what the fees component of the 9W ticket is. But it won't be significantly different. So once again it is average not pretty sweet.
I mean't pretty sweet within the JP program You get 8h on a 787 flatbed with ANA's incredible soft product. Taxes are in the 7k range.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by Anish
I mean't pretty sweet within the JP program You get 8h on a 787 flatbed with ANA's incredible soft product. Taxes are in the 7k range.
Question I've asked several times here... why do you still credit to JP then? Status? Why not DL, EY and earlier EK etc.?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Question I've asked several times here... why do you still credit to JP then? Status? Why not DL, EY and earlier EK etc.?
I used to have the Jet Citi card and that was great value with the upgrade vouchers. Haven't credited to them in ages through flights.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 4:32 am

Yup. Most of my domestic travel is in economy and Plat status is still very valuable to me with flights out of Goa often being overbooked + my schedules are prone to last minute changes and the penalty waiver helps a lot.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 1:52 am

Programs: 9WPlat
Redeemed the following with JP Miles a couple of months back.

HKG-JFK on CX F - 165k JPmiles + INR 5k
JFK-AUH-BOM on EY F - 180k JPMiles + INR 29k
deovrat likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.