FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please report your successful 9W/AI/UK redemptions here
Old Jul 14, 2018, 3:12 pm
PiperAtGatesofDawn

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by kshastry
A quick question on AI FR policy on infant tickets. I have a confirmed reward booking on an international sector where travel dates are still few months away. I needed to add an infant ticket. But infant's passport is not done yet. I went to local AI ticketing office. They refused to book a ticket without passport information. I had carried birth certificate. I know [as I have done it before], passport details for infant are not a must for international ticket with other airlines of India. Did I got a wrong person, or is it the policy of AI?
Instead of trying to beat your head against a wall (talk/argue/discuss anything with AI) why don't you get your infant's passport issued right away? It takes a few days - there's no police verification etc. It's the less painful route for sure. Unless you have some issues getting it issued right now that's the best course of action.