Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Please report your successful 9W/AI/UK redemptions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please report your successful 9W/AI/UK redemptions here

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2014, 2:53 pm
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
Originally Posted by tirajat
I think you can block award seats and get them ticketed later once you have the miles. You should get time limit of 2-3 days and can extend it once or twice at least.
I dont think Jet does that.. not sure if its a special privelege given to Platinums.. but I have tried to get a booking hold earlier and did not succeed..
Old Apr 26, 2014, 1:31 am

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
Irrespective of the tier status, they do have an option in the reservation system to give out grace period, but the agent on call usually sticks to 12 hours.

No clue what's the maximum possible time-frame.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Flyfromscratch
I dont think Jet does that.. not sure if its a special privelege given to Platinums.. but I have tried to get a booking hold earlier and did not succeed..
Originally Posted by GuyFromBOM
Irrespective of the tier status, they do have an option in the reservation system to give out grace period, but the agent on call usually sticks to 12 hours.

No clue what's the maximum possible time-frame.
they have the option but its not easy to get them to exercise it....they normally do it for payment reasons & not if a seat is not available or if you don't have enough miles....they will book the seats only if there is availability & you have enough miles....then they will give you a 12 hour period to pay for the booking either over ivr or at their city/airport office....
Old Apr 26, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Keyser
they have the option but its not easy to get them to exercise it....they normally do it for payment reasons & not if a seat is not available or if you don't have enough miles....they will book the seats only if there is availability & you have enough miles....then they will give you a 12 hour period to pay for the booking either over ivr or at their city/airport office....
My experience has been the same as above. They just do it for payment purposes and that too after you submit the entire list of documents they need.
Old May 16, 2014, 12:01 am

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
Redeemed 16500 JP Miles for BOM-HYD & MAA-BOM on Jet.

Approximate redemption value: 1 JP Mile = INR 0.70 (approx) ^
Old May 29, 2014, 9:58 am

Programs: 9W Plat, UK Plat, AI Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Taj IC Silver
Jet cancelled my award ticket without any informing me

Another one by Jet. I booked an award ticket for DEL-BOM on 26th May, for a travel scheduled on 3rd June. I booked on economy and got a confirmed cash upgrade. Today, I tried "Manage my booking" link to take a print-out, and was shocked to see that the ticket is cancelled. God know how the IT systems of jet operate. Will have to shell out a huge sum if they don't do anything about it since there is no award availability on that date.

Any idea what could be the recourse?
Old Jun 9, 2014, 9:35 am
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
Another awesome experience with Air India.. I think my last few award bookings have been an absolute eye opener..

1. Cancelled a previous award booking.. after 10 days, no sight of Miles and Money that i paid for those.. called today to ask about it and they say that i have to email some department for the refund.. until I do that.. no refund.. well, in the scheme of things, I did not mind this minor inconvenience at all..

2. Needed to reschedule another award booking.. at 3 am on a Saturday morning.. called their US Service centre.. the agent not only helped me change the date, there was NO CHARGE for it either.. I couldn't believe it was happening.. If I would have tried the same thing with Jet, I would have first received a sermon about calling the India office and not the US office.. then another one about calling during office hours.. and then a note about how much it would cost to change the award ticket..!! and here was AI, who's reputation doesn't do it much good.. and the entire thing was resolved in 5 minutes.. Cherry on the cake- there was no wait time to get to the agent..!!!!

3. Another day, another award booking.. called.. told them the miles are not reflecting correctly.. no worries sir.. they booked the ticket and gave me ONE MONTH, to call in and pay for it.. yes one month..!! the travel date is 2 months out.. but still..

Jet, im SO DONE with you guys..!!!
Old Jun 10, 2014, 5:50 am

How many miles are required for business award flight to AUH from BOM/DEL on partner airlines. The old mileage chart suggests 40k while the online form on jetairways.com suggests 30k.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 5:04 am

Programs: 9W Plat, UK Plat, AI Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Taj IC Silver
Originally Posted by Flyfromscratch
Another awesome experience with Air India.. I think my last few award bookings have been an absolute eye opener..

1. Cancelled a previous award booking.. after 10 days, no sight of Miles and Money that i paid for those.. called today to ask about it and they say that i have to email some department for the refund.. until I do that.. no refund.. well, in the scheme of things, I did not mind this minor inconvenience at all..

2. Needed to reschedule another award booking.. at 3 am on a Saturday morning.. called their US Service centre.. the agent not only helped me change the date, there was NO CHARGE for it either.. I couldn't believe it was happening.. If I would have tried the same thing with Jet, I would have first received a sermon about calling the India office and not the US office.. then another one about calling during office hours.. and then a note about how much it would cost to change the award ticket..!! and here was AI, who's reputation doesn't do it much good.. and the entire thing was resolved in 5 minutes.. Cherry on the cake- there was no wait time to get to the agent..!!!!

3. Another day, another award booking.. called.. told them the miles are not reflecting correctly.. no worries sir.. they booked the ticket and gave me ONE MONTH, to call in and pay for it.. yes one month..!! the travel date is 2 months out.. but still..

Jet, im SO DONE with you guys..!!!
Wish they show this much efficiency in flight operations as well. Just posted this in AI forum, waiting at Mumbai airport since last one hour to board a flight to Bangalore.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 6:15 am

Programs: 9W Plat, King Gold, KLM Gold, SPG Gold, Taj IC Gold, Hyatt Gold, Hilton Diamond
Redeemed 120K Jet miles for partner redemption on SA Airlines for 2 tickets on Mumbai - JNB sector / Return on business class + INR 31k. Quite a steal I think for a ~9hour flight :-)
Old Jun 13, 2014, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by paragbmehta
Redeemed 120K Jet miles for partner redemption on SA Airlines for 2 tickets on Mumbai - JNB sector / Return on business class + INR 31k. Quite a steal I think for a ~9hour flight :-)
EY also has good availaibility on this sector with much less taxes @:-)
Old Jun 13, 2014, 7:52 am

Programs: 9W Plat, King Gold, KLM Gold, SPG Gold, Taj IC Gold, Hyatt Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by wonderer9089
Wow. That is interesting. But they cost 132742 miles for 1 passenger. Not worth it in my guess
Old Jun 13, 2014, 7:54 am

Please note that I paid 120k miles and INR 31k for "2" people in Business Class
Old Jun 13, 2014, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by paragbmehta
Please note that I paid 120k miles and INR 31k for "2" people in Business Class
I meant using JPmiles for redemption on EY. It would be same miles + 9k taxes.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 8:06 am

I meant using JPmiles for redemption on EY. It would be same miles + 9k taxes.
Interesting. Very helpful

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.