Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Please report your successful 9W/AI/UK redemptions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please report your successful 9W/AI/UK redemptions here

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2017, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
AMS-DEL on Jet F through EY miles for 96,000 and $30.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 10:20 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by onlysuites
AMS-DEL on Jet F through EY miles for 96,000 and $30.
Looks like a really good use of (EY) miles. How was the service levels/champagne on board this flight?

Well, Jet miles seem to attract a lot of taxes when used on partners - any really useful long-haul international redemptions like these on Jet partners using Jet miles - or on their metal?
Old Dec 19, 2017, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Looks like a really good use of (EY) miles. How was the service levels/champagne on board this flight?

Well, Jet miles seem to attract a lot of taxes when used on partners - any really useful long-haul international redemptions like these on Jet partners using Jet miles - or on their metal?
Will advise as I have yet to fly this particular ticket.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 1:50 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Just saw this post so I will share my experience. A couple of months ago I redeemed 3 (yes 3) award tickets on the same AI - CCU - BOM inY.

Usually they release just 2 seats per plane but I could see upto 8 seats available in Y (and I think 4 in J) for redemption on various dates in Oct ‘17.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Just saw this post so I will share my experience. A couple of months ago I redeemed 3 (yes 3) award tickets on the same AI - CCU - BOM inY.

Usually they release just 2 seats per plane but I could see upto 8 seats available in Y (and I think 4 in J) for redemption on various dates in Oct ‘17.
on the domestic sector in economy ai always releases a good number of redemption seats....much more than 2....i have booked 4 seats for my family & me more times than i can remember....
Old Dec 29, 2017, 12:46 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by Keyser
on the domestic sector in economy ai always releases a good number of redemption seats....much more than 2....i have booked 4 seats for my family & me more times than i can remember....

That’s interesting. I always thought AI & 9W only released 2 seats in Y and 2 in J per flight. I did a random search right now on BOM - HYD route for a week. Almost all the flights showed 2 seats in Y & J. There were a couple in that entire week that showed 3 & 4 seats available. So this must be more common than I thought.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
That’s interesting. I always thought AI & 9W only released 2 seats in Y and 2 in J per flight. I did a random search right now on BOM - HYD route for a week. Almost all the flights showed 2 seats in Y & J. There were a couple in that entire week that showed 3 & 4 seats available. So this must be more common than I thought.
both are pretty generous with economy redemption seats on the domestic front....

& both are equally stingy on economy & business redemption seats on long haul international sectors....
Old Dec 29, 2017, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy

The flight was really good. Service was faultless and the food seems to have improved quite a bit. Day flight so didn't drink any champers but was a higher end Bollinger which is quite well regarded. The seat upholstery had been changed so the cabin felt refreshed.

Only negative part was they had a First class check-in desk open but there was a rope in front of it so I had to get in the business line. No one as there directing pax so the business line was a bit of a mess with way too many card holders and premium pax all waiting in the same line.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 1:10 am

both are pretty generous with economy redemption seats on the domestic front....

& both are equally stingy on economy & business redemption seats on long haul international sectors....
Experts,

I am looking to book 3 tickets using AI FR awards in Y, 2 Adults + 1 child (not infant). Travel is during the month of May. Its an international short haul sector. AI has released only 2 seats in Y as of now and 2 in J.

a) Is there a possibility that AI will release more seats later? Is it worth waiting?
b) Is it possible to add a child to the same PNR later (at the Airport or by calling AI?).

Please help.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kshastry
a) Is there a possibility that AI will release more seats later? Is it worth waiting?
what route is it????

its unlikely that they will release more seats....

b) Is it possible to add a child to the same PNR later (at the Airport or by calling AI?).
yes it is....
Old Jan 27, 2018, 4:40 am

I could once manage to redeem 8 tickets on the same flight. I think it was 3 First and 5 business class from EWR-AMD in AI. But this was 3yrs ago!
Old Jan 27, 2018, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Flew AMS-DEL again in F recently and the arrival porter who meets you outside the aircraft doors only had my name up even though it was a full F cabin. Apparently everyone else had been upgraded to F and I was the only ticketed F pax.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 5:21 am

what route is it????

its unlikely that they will release more seats....

yes it is....
Route is TRV-MLE.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Route is TRV-MLE.
unlikely that ai will release anymore seats....
Old Jan 27, 2018, 6:18 am

unlikely that ai will release anymore seats....
Thanks. Since a child require its own seat, would the ticket (with AI) cost as much as an adult? or is it a percentage of adult fare? (In that case, I rather wait for few days since prices are fluctuating based I guess on the load factor).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.