Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2018, 9:33 am

Points posted to partner and mothers new accounts. No I just need to try and spend them!
Old Jul 17, 2018, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by braiden9
Just received 72000 after having my account verified a few days ago. I think I only got 8 x 9000 as I booked 2 x 2 flights on the same date. Wonder if I can get a refund on those.
Damn, that looks like the reason for me as well (got 81k instead of 90k). I booked a Bilbao to Madrid and a Santander to Madrid flight for same day. Hopefully they will still credit the Avios. If not, I can deal with 81k out of 90k.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (Silver), Le Club Accor (Silver)
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Received 90k Avios. New account on last day of promo, sent passport and tickets when asked and just waited patiently without blowing up like some here
Same here re: new account, received the "we've sent you a new PIN and your info to the relevant department" email yesterday and the Avios have posted today. Good stuff Iberia!

However, of the 4 flights I had time to book before the promo ended, only three have posted. Best way to chase this up, since 36k is more useful than 27k? I noticed that one of my bookings was charged in EUR rather than GBP (international one rather than the rest as domestics) - could it be this?

Edit - all four flights weeks apart and different routes.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 9:41 am

Programs: SAS Gold, Hilton Diamond, OWS
Originally Posted by elrednaxela
I received 72,000 Avios points in my account this morning as well. Not sure where the other 18,000 points went but I don't care; I consider this a win.

I had a new account, received the dreaded "inconsistencies" email, and booked from Canada. Now to book my flights!

EDIT: Looking back at my 10 flights, every flight is on a different date except 2 of them, which are flying out the same day and same destination (Santander - Madrid). I'd be interested if anyone missed points because of this.
That is the reason. I had 3 on the same day and received an email saying I could cancel 2 and keep the last. Only 63.000 points posted though, so still missing from one.
elrednaxela likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 9:42 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by brody24
Damn, that looks like the reason for me as well (got 81k instead of 90k). I booked a Bilbao to Madrid and a Santander to Madrid flight for same day. Hopefully they will still credit the Avios. If not, I can deal with 81k out of 90k.
Good to see I'm not alone in this. Regardless, I have enough to book a round trip business class flight so I'll do that first and contact Iberia to refund the disqualified flights.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 9:42 am

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
To all the impatient, entitlement and newbies that file a DOT claim, please cancel your DOT complaints
Old Jul 17, 2018, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by elrednaxela
Good to see I'm not alone in this. Regardless, I have enough to book a round trip business class flight so I'll do that first and contact Iberia to refund the disqualified flights.
Yeah, I mean, if I lose 27 bucks, it doesn't really matter. The biz class round trips are booked. And now a supplemental puddle hopper from Madrid to Lisbon will go from biz to economy (i.e. not a big deal).
Old Jul 17, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Have 2 new accounts for my friend and I; both received the 90,000 points just now from our 20x SDR-MAD flights

I suspect it's going to be a nightmare to redeem for partners since it's currently blocked online.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 9:53 am

shall25 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / YES DOCS / YES VERIFIED / POSTED / 90000 / 0 / N/A / NONE
Old Jul 17, 2018, 9:54 am

shall25 / SPOUSE / NEW / 2018 / YES DOCS / YES VERIFIED / POSTED / 90000 / 0 / N/A / NONE
Old Jul 17, 2018, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Just got an email - "90,000 extra Avios are now yours!"
Old Jul 17, 2018, 10:02 am

Avios posted!! New account and no inconsistencies.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 10:02 am

My 90K posted July 3, fiancee's just posted this morning. Booked ORD-MAD RT in J, domestic connection for 12k each RT and still have enough miles left over for a domestic hop within the peninsula.

Iberia gave us all some heartburn but we should have all known that going into this.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 10:05 am

Avios posted. New account with double surname issues.

Just purchased biz class Chicago to Madrid round trip!

Booking anything other than Iberia metal seems to be causing it issues so I had to snag this while they it is available and book a separate positioning flight.

All in: $500 for round trip to Madrid in biz class including fees and cost of purchasing the flights for the promo. And still have 22k avios left.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Mine posted ... waiting for the families to post.

Thanks Iberia! Glad they decided to do the right thing!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.