Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2018, 4:49 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Newly created account here set up just for me and with correct identifying information. I have heard nothing from IB but thanks to the PIN reset via the app, I know no points have posted to my account. This morning, I proactively sent the form and a scan of my passport.

I'll give this a few days and if still no points, I'm filing 10 disputes with my credit card company. I have copies of the original T&Cs, my account setup and email confirmations of the tickets showing my IB number. I can conclusively prove I complied with all terms. IB has not, since it's been 10 days and still no points.

Since IB hasn't communicated anything to me, I have no way of knowing if a refund is even an option.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 4:50 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by jamieraedouglass
Are avios still getting dropped? Nothing has posted for me yet. My account is about a year old and I purchased the flights on the 21st. Watching inventory dry up when I did everything right and early is frustrating.
Same feeling. Discriminating and insulting imho.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by Westin
So if im booking a 100k award, and have 90k points. I can't transfer 10k BA avios over to Iberia for the award?
Good question
Old Jul 4, 2018, 5:39 pm

Just wanna say to all of you who now are angry about how Iberia handle this...if some of you had not tried to cheat by creating multiple accounts, we would not have fallen into this ID-control situation. Blame those cheaters, not IB.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 5:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by DrSE
Same here I did not use the correct passport number but Names etc.

Well I can understand Iberia wants check if the accounts are legit. e.g. you made one for your dog.
But on the other hand I think its a real hassle and its not very safe sending Passports via Email. Its strictly against GDPR and e.g. in Germany its illegal to make a copy of a passport.
I think its necessary to report Iberia to the responsible eu authority.
I sent all the details but I used real names and birthdates but it rejected my passport number. However I doubt they will make a fuss about it. The passport Number does not say anything about if the account is legit!

We will see
Which bit of GDPR is it 'strictly against' sending a passport copy, to prove to an airline that you are real? Presumably it is the airlines responsibility to have accurate information, so actually totally the opposite of what you are arguing. If the airline stores the information you send them securely, then they are complying. Not sure about the German passport copy laws, maybe you'd care to share a source for that info? Seems some people on here are a bit bitter, after rushing to book tickets without being 100% meticulous with their own information in the first place, and then blame (a rather generous) airline, for following up on it!
Old Jul 4, 2018, 5:59 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by sb1982
Which bit of GDPR is it 'strictly against' sending a passport copy, to prove to an airline that you are real? Presumably it is the airlines responsibility to have accurate information, so actually totally the opposite of what you are arguing. If the airline stores the information you send them securely, then they are complying. Not sure about the German passport copy laws, maybe you'd care to share a source for that info? Seems some people on here are a bit bitter, after rushing to book tickets without being 100% meticulous with their own information in the first place, and then blame (a rather generous) airline, for following up on it!
I guess you have no idea about what GDPR is all about.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 6:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by frenchft
I guess you have no idea about what GDPR is all about.
I do, but rather than try be smart, could you perhaps answer the question then.
Iberia should take steps in encrypting emails it sends which contain sensitive data, if you send something to Iberia, you are at liberty to encrypt it from your side. When Iberia receives your passport details, it should take steps to keep that information secure - we don't know what those steps are, but I am sure you can ask Iberia for a copy of its GDPR policy - rather than presume they are breaking the rules upfront. Still doesn't change that people are playing the blame game here on a very generous offer. 90K Avios gratefully received today.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 6:10 pm

Iberia is handling this so badly. I have read here that some people have received emails with instructions to resolve problems, but not a single email was sent to me to let me know they had blocked my new account, and that of my wife, or what to do about it.

And then they keep moving the goal posts. Since they haven't bothered to send me any instructions, I've had to call Iberia Plus several times (all with long wait times), and while I can't fault the friendliness of the agents, their information has been different each time I called, and later proved to be wrong in every case.

I even caught one agent in an outright lie, and I don't make such charges lightly. I didn't even bother to call them out on that, as what was to be gained?

As other have already pointed out here, the least Iberia could have done was to have send a mass email to all owners of blocked accounts with instructions. It should have been done a number of days ago, when they first saw how many new accounts had been created. But apparently even thinking of such a simple solution was beyond their capabilities.

I congratulate all the people who received their Avios, and I see some of them praising Iberia for how they are handling this. But they should be aware that they have been lucky, and that a great many people are feeling very unhappy about the way this is being handled by Iberia.

Every promotion has the possibility of cheaters, but if all that was needed was to authenticate the new accounts, than it should have been built into the process of opening the new account from the start.

This wasn't rocket science, as the cliche goes.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by rje444
Iberia is handling this so badly. I have read here that some people have received emails with instructions to resolve problems, but not a single email was sent to me to let me know they had blocked my new account, and that of my wife, or what to do about it.

And then they keep moving the goal posts. Since they haven't bothered to send me any instructions, I've had to call Iberia Plus several times (all with long wait times), and while I can't fault the friendliness of the agents, their information has been different each time I called, and later proved to be wrong in every case.

I even caught one agent in an outright lie, and I don't make such charges lightly. I didn't even bother to call them out on that, as what was to be gained?

As other have already pointed out here, the least Iberia could have done was to have send a mass email to all owners of blocked accounts with instructions. It should have been done a number of days ago, when they first saw how many new accounts had been created. But apparently even thinking of such a simple solution was beyond their capabilities.

I congratulate all the people who received their Avios, and I see some of them praising Iberia for how they are handling this. But they should be aware that they have been lucky, and that a great many people are feeling very unhappy about the way this is being handled by Iberia.

Every promotion has the possibility of cheaters, but if all that was needed was to authenticate the new accounts, than it should have been built into the process of opening the new account from the start.

This wasn't rocket science, as the cliche goes.
Have you checked your spam inbox? I found my emails from Iberia there...
DebitNM likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by criced
Have you checked your spam inbox? I found my emails from Iberia there...

Thank you for the suggestion, but there is nothing in my spam inbox from Iberia, nor has there been over this entire promotion.

Nor my wife's, and her Iberia Plus account and email accounts are different from mine. Plus she uses a completely different email provider than I do!
Old Jul 4, 2018, 6:36 pm

Programs: BA Silver
can someone confirm who has actually got their 90k avios whether or not their ib plus number was actually in the pdf e ticket sent as the attachment in the confirmation emails? my ib plus number is in every single confirmation email but not on a single e ticket and can't even see a space where it would be.

does anyone else have or not have ib plus number in their e-tickets too?
thanks
Old Jul 4, 2018, 6:53 pm

Mine was new account, got IB+ on email confirmations but not on e-tickets. It later disappeared from online reservations, I added manually on the morning of 24th. Today I requested copy of e-tickets from reservation center and while IP+ number is on all the online reservations, its not on e-ticket receipts sent to me by Iberia agent today.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 6:57 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by criced
Just wanna say to all of you who now are angry about how Iberia handle this...if some of you had not tried to cheat by creating multiple accounts, we would not have fallen into this ID-control situation. Blame those cheaters, not IB.
Most people with duplicate accounts aren't cheating, we're getting screwed by the Iberia site. I created 3 accounts accidentally because I kept getting error messages and didn't think anything had been created.

I only purchased 10 tickets for 1 of the accounts so hoping for the best, but at least they're offering refunds. I'm not at all mad at Iberia and think they've acted more than fairly, but their IT SUCKS!
Old Jul 4, 2018, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by zeer0
Most people with duplicate accounts aren't cheating, we're getting screwed by the Iberia site. I created 3 accounts accidentally because I kept getting error messages and didn't think anything had been created.

I only purchased 10 tickets for 1 of the accounts so hoping for the best, but at least they're offering refunds. I'm not at all mad at Iberia and think they've acted more than fairly, but their IT SUCKS!
Right, but those who have done things not 100% correct - I dont think they write it out here. Only one guy did tell us about that his dog got IB+ now... So its thoose I mean, not you.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 7:10 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by frenchft
Same feeling. Discriminating and insulting imho.
Since discriminating is a postive, how is it that and insulting?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.