Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: Delta PLT, IHG Ambassador Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, BWR Diamond
I think we can all agree that Iberia acted professionally, above and beyond what any of us expected. Honouring such a mistake promo is something that is becoming less and less common in the airline industry these days.
The issue with new accounts also seems reasonable to me, as long as it will eventually be resolved for real accounts that weren't trying to cheat Iberia.
Lizie likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 12:01 pm

Programs: TK*G
Originally Posted by parioneti
So at this point, it looks like we have no DP where a new account got unlocked after sending it required form and ID.
My old account got points posted fine without a problem.
My sister's new account has 0 points posted and did sent forms yesterday.
I wonder how long it will truly take to get it unlocked and get points posted.

We'll see how they handle new accounts.
I think they are trying to sort out fraudulent accounts (no real human beings behind the account) and accounts that do not conform to the T&C. For example, I know
massive numbers of Asians living in Asia decided to take advantage of this although they have no residence in the stated countries in the T&C.
It'll be interesting how they sort this out.
Hmm does the T&C say the promo is valid for booking via iberia.com in Spain, UK, etc. domains or the residency?
Old Jul 4, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by c1223
Email from Iberia. Not sure if everyone has had this already?
How would people interpret the 3rd point in the T&Cs?

"3-Any purchases charged to Avios from this promotion (redemptions) may be exchanged and reissued, if applicable, up until December 1st 2018, as per the particular terms and conditions of the products purchased. Keep in mind that cancellation or refund requests made by the customer for tickets purchased during the promotion implies withdrawal or cancellation of the promotional Avios, regardless of the refund date."
Am I right in thinking that any redemption flight booked cannot be amended, changed, after 1st December - but changes can be made before?
Old Jul 4, 2018, 12:04 pm

Can anyone let me know how to check if the account is completely unlocked. I could log in after resetting the Pin number but when I tried to book a trip with Avios (no bonus points posted yet) they asked me to call their Iberia Plus service center. I am not sure if it is because I do not have enough points in my account or my account is still being locked though I can access to the account.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 12:09 pm

Unlocked Account

Data point:

Booked on first day of promotion. Account was locked on 22nd June and I reset the PIN using the app. I also sent in the form with passport, but have still not received a response.

I just received an email with the subject line "45,000 extra Avios are now yours" and the points now show on my account. My account was originally locked despite being two years old with activity last year.
davm666 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by TLVtraveler
I think we can all agree that Iberia acted professionally, above and beyond what any of us expected. Honouring such a mistake promo is something that is becoming less and less common in the airline industry these days.
The issue with new accounts also seems reasonable to me, as long as it will eventually be resolved for real accounts that weren't trying to cheat Iberia.
Whoever said it was a mistake promo? They arent honoring a mistake. They are simply making good on a promo that was unexpectedly generous. They dont deserve kudos for doing exactly what they promised to do (even of they get kudos for offering it in the first place).
MCI777 and Marschel like this.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 12:30 pm

The accoun blocked!

Old Jul 4, 2018, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by sb1982
How would people interpret the 3rd point in the T&Cs?

Am I right in thinking that any redemption flight booked cannot be amended, changed, after 1st December - but changes can be made before?
Good catch I think you are right. They are probably anticipating folks booking a refundable awards ticket (remember with Iberia not all are) and then doing a refund post December 2018 in the hopes that the points would lose their use by 12/18 date.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Blue Platinum, Hilton Honors Platinum
Just received this email:

Dear customer,

Thank you for your interest in the Iberia Plus programme.

It is a standard requirement of our programme to check the registration details for your Iberia Plus account. To help us do this, please email a copy of the official identity document you used for registration to ..... The subject line of the email must include your Iberia Plus number in order for us to process it and you must send it to us by 31 July (GMT+2). If the documentation is not received before this date, we will be unable to register you for the Iberia Plus programme and you will not have access to any of the associated benefits.

If you took part in our recent 9,000 extra Avios promotion for the purchase of tickets at ......, please attach a copy of any tickets purchased during the period and send it to us by 31 July 2018 in order to collect your Avios.

Once we have verified your identification and proof of ticket purchase we will award the Avios due—as per the campaign terms and conditions—to your account.

Kind regards and we hope to see you on board again soon.

The Iberia Plus team
skywardhunter likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 12:40 pm

Just got email from Iberia with instructions regarding account verification of new accounts for the promo. They asked that we provide photo of passport, and copies of all tickets purchased during the promo period. I had already sent in the passport photo, but followed up with a compiled PDF of all tickets (which shows the IB+ number on each). And I take back criticism of Iberia for not sending around a uniform message on this issue with instructions. Though I wish this had been done earlier.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Ok do i've been out of touch for a bit and i see stuff about pts posting and acct locks. I had to reset my pin via app but still have 0 pts. I did have a us address and a us site bookings. What am i missing here?
Old Jul 4, 2018, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by brody24
Just got email from Iberia with instructions regarding account verification of new accounts for the promo. They asked that we provide photo of passport, and copies of all tickets purchased during the promo period. I had already sent in the passport photo, but followed up with a compiled PDF of all tickets (which shows the IB+ number on each). And I take back criticism of Iberia for not sending around a uniform message on this issue with instructions. Though I wish this had been done earlier.
Did you send them screenshots of booking confirmations? Or what else?
Old Jul 4, 2018, 12:48 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Blue Platinum, Hilton Honors Platinum
Good question. I reckon to send them a copy of the email booking confirmation that has the Iberia FQ number on there. The attachment is more a receipt but doesn't include it FQ number.

Originally Posted by Mister Miles
Just received this email:

Dear customer,

Thank you for your interest in the Iberia Plus programme.

It is a standard requirement of our programme to check the registration details for your Iberia Plus account. To help us do this, please email a copy of the official identity document you used for registration to ..... The subject line of the email must include your Iberia Plus number in order for us to process it and you must send it to us by 31 July (GMT+2). If the documentation is not received before this date, we will be unable to register you for the Iberia Plus programme and you will not have access to any of the associated benefits.

If you took part in our recent 9,000 extra Avios promotion for the purchase of tickets at ......, please attach a copy of any tickets purchased during the period and send it to us by 31 July 2018 in order to collect your Avios.

Once we have verified your identification and proof of ticket purchase we will award the Avios due—as per the campaign terms and conditions—to your account.

Kind regards and we hope to see you on board again soon.

The Iberia Plus team

Didn't get the email. Assume the "..." above is the email to send the info to? Is it personalized or can you share the address? Would like to send in our info as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.