Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2018, 11:42 am

Update, just checked on the app and all of my flights have disappeared. I received the 'give us more time email' yesterday...

Looks like I can still view them using the locator, but they are no longer attached to my profile in the app.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
So many different treatment for same "profile" and data is really hard to understand... what a mess...
Update : even with points impossible to book anything else than domestic flights with Iberia, sounds they have put restrictions... I'm not the only one to experience this...
What a story my friends!
Old Jul 12, 2018, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by tylerc
What did you say to them?
Very courteous and professional but stated I had followed all rules for the promotion and that my flights to Europe and hotels had already been booked so cancelling was not an option.

Was able to us my miles and booked biz class MAD/ORD for 50K Avios (leaving 13K to use on an AA itinerary at some point in the future). All in all the process was a bit difficult but I was glad to receive and use my Avios. Best of luck to everyone else, I hope you get the points you deserve!
Old Jul 12, 2018, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by standby1995
Very courteous and professional but stated I had followed all rules for the promotion and that my flights to Europe and hotels had already been booked so cancelling was not an option.

Was able to us my miles and booked biz class MAD/ORD for 50K Avios (leaving 13K to use on an AA itinerary at some point in the future). All in all the process was a bit difficult but I was glad to receive and use my Avios. Best of luck to everyone else, I hope you get the points you deserve!
Did you receive an email saying your avios were posted, or did you have to check your account to see that?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 12:04 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

My wife is still waiting. We have only received Auto Replies since submitting information on 07/03 and 07/04. One saying it was received, one mass email saying you need to provide your booking confirmations, and one saying we have a high number of emails. Nothing from a real person no movement on her account and the availability for the redemption we want is slowly disappearing. Seeing other people in the same boat start to post is a great sign though.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 12:04 pm

Programs: LATAM
Points posted today for me and my wife account, she even got the "inconsistencies" email...
Yesterday we sent email explaining the Terms and conditions of the promo.
we were able to book international flights with our avios without problems.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by frenchft
So many different treatment for same "profile" and data is really hard to understand... what a mess...
Update : even with points impossible to book anything else than domestic flights with Iberia, sounds they have put restrictions... I'm not the only one to experience this...
What a story my friends!
What flight did you try? I can get to the Pay Now page on an international flight and it works.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by marcelocrribeiro
Did you receive an email saying your avios were posted, or did you have to check your account to see that?
received an email saying 'posted sorry for delay" and 24 hours later received the Promo email "congrats etc"
Old Jul 12, 2018, 12:11 pm

Programs: TK Elite; IB+ Oro; Hilton Diamond
Emailed to executives as well and pointed out concerns of compliance to GDPR.

Received an answer from Willie Walsh (CEO IAG) excusing that he has no access to Iberiaplus accounts due to legal restrictions.

One of two accounts in question received an email noon today as response to an email with copy of passport sent in on 7-5-18.
We are glad to inform you that we have reviewed your documentation and unlocked your Iberia Plus account. After that we have accrual 90000 Avios in your Iberia Plus account.

Avios have been posted when email has been received.

Would assume based on other data points here and in other media that executives do not push for getting the avios posted.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg
What flight did you try? I can get to the Pay Now page on an international flight and it works.
you can try DXB-BAH with Cathay in C - return
and HKG-BKK with Cathay in C.- return

Could you please have a look if you got the error message?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 12:12 pm

Received 90000 avios and transferred them to my BA account last week.
Got my BA account locked today.
The error message shows that "Sorry, we don't recognise the email address you have entered. Please check and try again."
Old Jul 12, 2018, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Rookie2014
Emailed to executives as well and pointed out concerns of compliance to GDPR.

Received an answer from Willie Walsh (CEO IAG) excusing that he has no access to Iberiaplus accounts due to legal restrictions.

One of two accounts on question got the points as reply to an email with copy of passport sent in on 7-5-18.

Would assume based on other data points here and in other media that executives do not push for getting the avios posted.
So it's a coincidence. Great stuff that the guy or his assistant answered. Huge respect for that.
Rookie2014 likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by kkslider
received 90000 avios and transferred them to my ba account last week.
Got my ba account locked today.
The error message shows that "sorry, we don't recognise the email address you have entered. Please check and try again."
lol lol lol
Old Jul 12, 2018, 12:14 pm

Another data point - after booking the 10 flights, heard nothing whatsoever from them (no inconsistencies email) and no avios were posted. Chased twice via clasica email, 2 hours ago received a very poorly worded email saying:

In order to manage your request confiration we need you to provide the email that Iberia send you as attachement .
I have replied with attachment of 1 booking email confirmation and the booking 'confirmation codes' of all the others. No idea why we need to provide these as all the bookings are linked to my IB plus account anyway..

I also emailed the execs around midday - nothing since. I copied them in again to my reply to clasica.

Iberia are a huge joke - I cannot believe how poorly managed they are and how little they care. I've dealt with complaints at many companies over the years, these guys have to top the charts as the most incompetent and lack of any proper procedure.

However, hearing stories over the past 24hours of avios posting has given me a glimmer of hope. I will not be dropping this one easily!
cruisr likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: TK Elite; IB+ Oro; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by frenchft
So it's a coincidence. Great stuff that the guy or his assistant answered. Huge respect for that.
Agreed. I was astonished and positively surprised. ​​​​​ The answering person was clear and the response was showing that they reviewed my detailed email.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.