Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Old Jul 12, 2018, 12:20 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by baflyer22
Another data point - after booking the 10 flights, heard nothing whatsoever from them (no inconsistencies email) and no avios were posted. Chased twice via clasica email, 2 hours ago received a very poorly worded email saying:

I have replied with attachment of 1 booking email confirmation and the booking 'confirmation codes' of all the others. No idea why we need to provide these as all the bookings are linked to my IB plus account anyway..

I also emailed the execs around midday - nothing since. I copied them in again to my reply to clasica.

Iberia are a huge joke - I cannot believe how poorly managed they are and how little they care. I've dealt with complaints at many companies over the years, these guys have to top the charts as the most incompetent and lack of any proper procedure.

However, hearing stories over the past 24hours of avios posting has given me a glimmer of hope. I will not be dropping this one easily!
you right. Try the social media mess ))) maybe they will wake up.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 12:20 pm

Programs: LATAM
Another data point - after booking the 10 flights, heard nothing whatsoever from them (no inconsistencies email) and no avios were posted. Chased twice via clasica email, 2 hours ago received a very poorly worded email saying:

I have replied with attachment of 1 booking email confirmation and the booking 'confirmation codes' of all the others. No idea why we need to provide these as all the bookings are linked to my IB plus account anyway..

I also emailed the execs around midday - nothing since. I copied them in again to my reply to clasica.

Iberia are a huge joke - I cannot believe how poorly managed they are and how little they care. I've dealt with complaints at many companies over the years, these guys have to top the charts as the most incompetent and lack of any proper procedure.

However, hearing stories over the past 24hours of avios posting has given me a glimmer of hope. I will not be dropping this one easily!
I've got the same email today, I sent all the booking emails and after that they posted the avios into our account.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium

Who are these executives you are emailing?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by marcelocrribeiro
Did you receive an email saying your avios were posted, or did you have to check your account to see that?
Received an email
Old Jul 12, 2018, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Nothing for me. I admitted defeat last night and applied for the refund, I was fighting an uphill battle due to:
  • Iberia creating 4 accounts in my name. Their website kept giving me an error when signing up, but meanwhile they were creating accounts despite receiving the error (only realized after checking my email)
  • They cancelled 3 of the 4 accounts, including the one I used to book the flights
  • Account was locked etc... received the inconsistencies email
So yeah... I just gave up and went for the refund. Nothing has come through on my credit card yet. However, my girlfriend did not have any of these issues, since we knew by that time not to submit the form twice if we received an error. She had her account locked, and now unlocked, but no inconsistencies email and also no Avios to date.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 1:54 pm

Anyone got a refund or had a successful charge-back?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 2:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold, Amex Plat Charge (UK), SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, Hyatt Dia, PP,
Took part in the promotion on 2 accounts. My account (been open for a couple of years & had activity) and a newly opened account for my wife.

- 10 flights booked SDR-MAD. Lots of issues with booking/recognising the IB#. In the end I booked whilst logged into my wife's account with me as a 2nd pax and worked ok. All e-tickets received and all had the IB account numbers.

- I received the 90,000 Avios automatically on 2nd July. Nothing for my wife initially.

- Received a request for copy of passport and pdf versions of the tickets. These were send promptly.

- Today (12th July) my wife received the "90,000 Avios are now yours" email. Checked the account and they have posted :-)

T&C's now say they cannot be moved out of iberia which I'm a bit unhappy about (as they have changed the T&C's) but at least I've got them so not going to take that any further.

Now, like others I cannot seem to book a return flight on partners. Do we know if that's a temporary issue??
Old Jul 12, 2018, 2:27 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by chrisjohnston01
T&C's now say they cannot be moved out of iberia which I'm a bit unhappy about (as they have changed the T&C's) but at least I've got them so not going to take that any further.
The T&C's always said that
Old Jul 12, 2018, 2:44 pm

Its not just Iberia that misjudges promotions.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...across-britain
caj2310 likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 2:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold, Amex Plat Charge (UK), SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, Hyatt Dia, PP,

No mention of any restrictions around transferring out via combine my Avios...

Old Jul 12, 2018, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
The T&C's always said that
nope... see above
Old Jul 12, 2018, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by chrisjohnston01
Took part in the promotion on 2 accounts. My account (been open for a couple of years & had activity) and a newly opened account for my wife.

- 10 flights booked SDR-MAD. Lots of issues with booking/recognising the IB#. In the end I booked whilst logged into my wife's account with me as a 2nd pax and worked ok. All e-tickets received and all had the IB account numbers.

- I received the 90,000 Avios automatically on 2nd July. Nothing for my wife initially.

- Received a request for copy of passport and pdf versions of the tickets. These were send promptly.

- Today (12th July) my wife received the "90,000 Avios are now yours" email. Checked the account and they have posted :-)

Now, like others I cannot seem to book a return flight on partners. Do we know if that's a temporary issue??
I'm not sure if the issue involving not being able to book partner awards online is temporary, however I was able to ticket the domestic AA reservation that I've had on hold since Monday.

The first agent I talked to on Monday said there was no availability even before i provided my return date so I HUCA. The second agent initially couldn't find any flights but was able to find availability after placing me on hold. She could not seem to see first class space even though it was available on the Iberia, AA, and BA websites so I put a mixed cabin ticket on hold as she was unable to ticket the reservation. The agent today initially couldn't find availability, but then I provided my confirmation number and after being placed on hold she was able to find open first class space for entire itinerary.

So the good news is that they aren't blocking/limiting the bonus miles to only Iberia flights which is what I initially feared, but very inconvenient to not be able to book online and annoying that some agents don't know how to search for open partner award flights.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 5:33 pm

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
My prediction on how this is all going to end = those of us in limbo [locked account, emails unanswered, inconsistency emails etc] are going to cancel our flights a few days before the deadline [to get cash refunds] of 31 July as we won't be willing to lose what we've paid. We'll wait as long as possible, but we will cancel.

Iberia is counting on this, they will wait us out. In the end, they will be let off the hook.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by DebitNM
My prediction on how this is all going to end = those of us in limbo [locked account, emails unanswered, inconsistency emails etc] are going to cancel our flights a few days before the deadline [to get cash refunds] of 31 July as we won't be willing to lose what we've paid. We'll wait as long as possible, but we will cancel.

Iberia is counting on this, they will wait us out. In the end, they will be let off the hook.
I emailed the executives yesterday for my account with the inconsistencies email, and the miles posted this morning.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 5:43 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Leela382
I emailed the executives yesterday for my account with the inconsistencies email, and the miles posted this morning.
Who are these executives you speak of which emails do i need to email to get my points. I am tired of watching my trip dates disappear while everyone else gets points.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.