Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2018, 5:18 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Guys, the emails are available on the internet.
But I really think the social media commenting works very well and mentioning in your email with them the customer laws issues + GDPR issues (they asked on the phone to send private data but don't mention how they handle it). I think they are really not comfortable with the GDPR.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 5:18 am

Programs: BA Silver
Was thinking the same thing..... been a week since I sent the email with details waited til Saturday for confirmation email but apart from that nothing
Old Jul 11, 2018, 5:31 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Guys, of course we don't talk about spamming here. We talk about paying customers who sent personal informations based on their request and don't receive any answer except a canned "inconsistencies" email, so it's your right to ask for clarification and based on the T&C of the promotion to push them to answer (they are already late to post the miles). Legitimate requests.
They desserve to be pushed anyway.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 5:41 am

Programs: Alaska,AC,Avios,
Originally Posted by frenchft
I made :
- harassment on social media (public and DM)
- 3 emails per day to the crappy clasico
- A email to 20 people (management / media / investors) at Iberia and owner.

Received the point 1 hour after the email to management. Don't know if it's coincidence but I had received the "inconsistencies" email before but they sent an email with :

"We have accrual 90.000 Avios in your account after analyse your request. Our apologise for the delay"

I think the strategy with such people is : don't give up and make their life complicated. Spanish culture : you have to talk loudly for people to hear you and take in consideration your claim.
can you share any contacts for management or media advisers?
Old Jul 11, 2018, 5:57 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
Question,

If I book a MAD-JFK Iberia for ticket some random dates next year "(after the promotion miles expire) and pay the yq for it would:

1) Have any problems and the ticket will be lost/ after the miles expire or not be able to use it etc?

2)I be able to change it to another more convenient date later on?

Last edited by DrHalxx; Jul 11, 2018 at 7:21 am
Old Jul 11, 2018, 6:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
I made :
- harassment on social media (public and DM)
- 3 emails per day to the crappy clasico
- A email to 20 people (management / media / investors) at Iberia and owner.

Received the point 1 hour after the email to management. Don't know if it's coincidence but I had received the "inconsistencies" email before but they sent an email with :

"We have accrual 90.000 Avios in your account after analyse your request. Our apologise for the delay"

I think the strategy with such people is : don't give up and make their life complicated. Spanish culture : you have to talk loudly for people to hear you and take in consideration your claim.
It's a coincidence.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 6:54 am

Guys, great news, Miles posted in my account even after the inconsistency email.
PM me if you want the details of how this happened.
hi frenchft, can you send me the email addresses you sent to Iberia? I still havent received any email or Avios yet. Thanks!
Old Jul 11, 2018, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by noFODplease
It's a coincidence.
I think so too.
But what is pretty sure is that without pression / pushing them they will not post miles.
They try and hope people will give up.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 7:31 am

For those who are worrying about their data privacy after having been requested on the phone to send copy of passeport and personal informations by email, I have found those contacts.
Iberia desserves us to show them that they are rules and that we are not guilty for them running a silly promotion... their rules, their promotion.
[email protected] and [email protected]

I have sent them an email requesting informations asking them know how those data are stored, who has access to those data and what are the data you still detain about me.

Pressure is the key word right now with those people, they are clearly thinking that you/we will all give up and ask for refund... but they know that they did it wrong and that they owe us those miles.

Time to try to book now... and their website is a nightmare... what a pain !
Old Jul 11, 2018, 7:34 am

I had an old Iberia account, booked 10 tickets, and received my 90,000 points quite early on.

I spent the 90,000 points (and some of my own avios on top) on hotels, for which I have received vouchers already.

Yesterday I received 10 refund emails from Ibera saying:OUR RESERVATION COULD NOT BE PROCESSED RIR
SO THERE WILL NOT BE ANY CHARGE IN THE CREDIT CARD USED. RIR
SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE. RIR
Now what happens? Should I be concerned about my hotel bookings?
Old Jul 11, 2018, 7:40 am

Programs: TK Elite; IB+ Oro; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by noFODplease
It's a coincidence.
Is your statement based on a data point or just personal interpretation?
Old Jul 11, 2018, 8:09 am

Programs: UA, SPG, Marriott
I finally received a response from Iberia on facebook. They really said nothing, but thought I would share.

Old Jul 11, 2018, 8:11 am

Talking

Originally Posted by jamieraedouglass
I finally received a response from Iberia on facebook. They really said nothing, but thought I would share.

Impressive customer support...
Old Jul 11, 2018, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by jamieraedouglass

Ive got a similar message from their twitter message on Monday Europe time. But so far has nothing in my account.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 8:17 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Using a chargeback mechanism to inflict pain on a company when they have already indicated they will refund you....Who's the unethical one now?
Iberia needs to learn a hard and harsh lesson in order to move it in the right path of a better consumer-friendly airline. Massive chargebacks could be a good way to teach Iberia that lesson

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.