Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Old Jul 10, 2018, 5:55 pm

Programs: HH/PCR/SPG
Unhappy

Originally Posted by gnomey
post #1720 seems to indicate his new account received 90k Avios
Yep. I read recent posting some few guys received 90k Avios .

I do not understand what is IB's intention for this issue and why so completely different responding according to individual person.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 5:57 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA Platinum (6 MM)
Originally Posted by Leela382
I also have a new account (that has been unlocked) with points posted yesterday with the same error message when trying to book non-Iberia flights.
Did you try booking Iberia flights?
Old Jul 10, 2018, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by Repooc17
DOT in which jurisdiction? Don't say US, because there is nothing the US DOT can do.
Per previous posts:

Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
[US DOT] intervened and stepped up in the past when I had tickets that didn't touch the US but were botched by a US-based OTA... Not saying anything will come of it, but it's one more avenue to explore.
Originally Posted by n301dp
Refresher for everyone: one of the few things that the media and the airlines pay attention to in the US is the monthly DOT complaint report. If you are a US-based flyer who booked your ticket on the US site, I strongly suggest you file a report here:

https://www.transportation.gov/airco...umer-complaint

As a reminder, airlines must acknowledge these complaints within 30 days and send a response within 60 days per the DOT's regulations.
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
Considering how systematic everyone was in booking these 10 tickets, one could argue that if booked from a USA point-of-sale, filing 10 DOT complaints may be worthwhile if Iberia is in fact cancelling valid tickets without permission. Some will say that's vindictive, but Iberia needs to know that this is not okay.
Originally Posted by stephem
I've gotten pretty good compensation from a non-US airline through the US DOT for failure of that airline to honor its end of a bargain, admittedly under the current administration I don't have high hopes for that.
Originally Posted by zebranz
Maybe but the Promotion was for USA residents and on the US web site and purchased and paid in the USA. Normally I would agree with you but I am not complaining about the flights- only the promotion.

I am assuming (maybe hoping) Iberia will not want thousands of inquiries from US DOT and will not send me one of those phony inconsistency emails.
Will keep all updated as my popcorn budget is severely depleted.
Originally Posted by paladin732
I complained to Dot also about retroactively adding the additional terms preventing transfer of Avios. Dot confirmed they have counted it and I'm not waiting for a response.
Originally Posted by zebranz
Decided to be proactive since out of popcorn and I filed a DOT Complaint (hoping for some action prior to end of month). Complaint simple to file and just attached the IB promo and complaint I never received my Avios- past the 10 day period and I have submitted documentation as requested.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AK, UN, CN
What's the best contact for Iberia?

Hi my points still haven't posted. I booked after midnight Spain time but still the right day in East Coast USA. My tickets show booking date of 6/25 so something is going to have to happen if I'm to get the points.

Looks like I need to contact Iberia, what is the email address people have had the most success with, or do people recommend calling?
Old Jul 10, 2018, 7:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by ryandelmundo
What's the best contact for Iberia?

Hi my points still haven't posted. I booked after midnight Spain time but still the right day in East Coast USA. My tickets show booking date of 6/25 so something is going to have to happen if I'm to get the points.

Looks like I need to contact Iberia, what is the email address people have had the most success with, or do people recommend calling?
[email protected]

Although I'm not sure anyone is reporting success .... calling won't work.

Does any one understand what made the poster in 1720 different than the rest who have been refused?
Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:00 pm

I know, I know, don't put too much weight on the call center; but, just wanted to report my call and what they said this evening.

I'm still waiting on avios to post to my partner's account (both the unlocked account and inconsistencies email rcvd) I didnt mention either on the call.

I called and just asked "can you check on the avios that were supposed to post to conf #xyz123 ?" The agent looked up the tix and then explained that they locked thousands of accounts (duh) and they're now going through the process of verifying the account holders as they had "thousands" of fake accounts. Once accounts are verified, they are planning on posting avios. I asked how long before they post, and he said that "as of now, it should be less than 2 weeks."

Take this for what it's worth as it was just from call center rep, but sounds hopeful.
Coathanger and choklit like this.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by RyanPerkins
they're now going through the process of verifying the account holders as they had "thousands" of fake accounts. Once accounts are verified, they are planning on posting avios.
From the reports on here, verifying that its a legitimate account still results in "inconsistencies." There seems to be only one report of a new account receiving the avios.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by RyanPerkins
I know, I know, don't put too much weight on the call center; but, just wanted to report my call and what they said this evening.

I'm still waiting on avios to post to my partner's account (both the unlocked account and inconsistencies email rcvd) I didnt mention either on the call.

I called and just asked "can you check on the avios that were supposed to post to conf #xyz123 ?" The agent looked up the tix and then explained that they locked thousands of accounts (duh) and they're now going through the process of verifying the account holders as they had "thousands" of fake accounts. Once accounts are verified, they are planning on posting avios. I asked how long before they post, and he said that "as of now, it should be less than 2 weeks."

Take this for what it's worth as it was just from call center rep, but sounds hopeful.

i would not believe anything an Iberia call center agent told me. There have been enough inconsistencies reported in this and other threads to prove they will say whatever will get you off the phone quickly. Iberia does not know the meaning of customer service.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by Rookie2014
Hi Leela382,
As it seems that you are one of the first with new accounts that received no cancellation and in contrary the avios could you please provide some further details:
- Have you been requested to provide passport copies and did you? Yes, I provided passport copies
- If so when? July 3
- How did you get the information of unlocking the account? July 9
- How did you get aware that the avios have been posted? They showed up in my account, but I did not receive a message about them in the unlock email. I booked 5 one way tickets to 2 different cities weeks apart.
- What was the time between unlocking the account and getting the avios?
- What country is your account registered to? USA
- In no. 1588 you stated you received the "incosistencies" email. Did you get the avios regardless of this for the same account or for another one? I received the inconsistencies email for a family members account.

I also called customer service and I was told the same info as a subsequent poster. They have a large backlog.

Thanks!
Rookie2014 and aquanine like this.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by ICanFly!
Did you try booking Iberia flights?
Yes, I am able to book Iberia flights (it works up to the payment screen). When my account was locked I had 2 error messages when trying to book (i think you have/had the same), however now I only see 1 error message upon clicking view when trying to book non-Iberia flights.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA Platinum (6 MM)
Originally Posted by Leela382
Yes, I am able to book Iberia flights (it works up to the payment screen). When my account was locked I had 2 error messages when trying to book (i think you have/had the same), however now I only see 1 error message upon clicking view when trying to book non-Iberia flights.
Yes. See Avios balance on upper right. This is the error message I get when I try to book any award ticket.
I'm letting it play out - no upside in poking the bear.
So I'm a new user, got Avios, can't use them.

Rookie2014 likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:40 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
I suspect they're combing through accounts and whenever they flag something immediately sending the inconsistency email, however those that appear alright are just set aside in a pool for a batch credit later when they've finished reviewing everything. This would explain why we've only heard negative outcomes.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 1:29 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
And for the people who received the "inconsistencies" email, what does this mean ? they don't answer email or phone (crap), what to do?
Old Jul 11, 2018, 3:37 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Guys, great news, Miles posted in my account even after the inconsistency email.
PM me if you want the details of how this happened.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 3:39 am

Rookie2014 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.