Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 17, 2023, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
Sometimes customer service on twitter is quicker than other ways to contact Iberia:
https://twitter.com/Iberia_en
Print Wikipost

Iberia Award ticket cancel Avios refund

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2022, 8:25 pm

One of legs of our award (2 pax) itinerary was cancelled so we called Wednesday evening to cancel. US main booking number from their contact page.

Saturday morning, 3 days later, our points are back. Our taxes aren’t back yet but we did receive email also on Saturday saying that they’re being refunded.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 2:44 pm

Is the cancellation fee for award bookings now 25 euro per person plus a 30 euro per person phone charge? That's what I was just quoted to both change and cancel my flights.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Duane Haas
Is the cancellation fee for award bookings now 25 euro per person plus a 30 euro per person phone charge? That's what I was just quoted to both change and cancel my flights.
There should be no phone charge when you cannot cancel online. HUACA. Although probably the back office person actually cancelling your reward flight would ignore whatever the phone agent might have told you.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 4:37 am

Yeah I have canceled before and actually gotten no fees taken out previously. I just had never been quoted the extra 30 per person before. I'll keep an eye on my statement to see what actually gets refunded. Thanks!
Old Mar 17, 2023, 5:10 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by NYCpointsuser
In addition to calling, and if you haven't already, you should also try the below emails:

1-Per a prior comment on this thread, “email[email protected]Her name is Sol Orduna”. Put your IB plus number in the subject line and make sure to provide a detailed request in the email such as Avios owed, ticket number, confirmation number, etc. This email has worked twice for me.

2-Send exact same email as above to clasica@iberia.es put IB plus number in the subject line, etc. this will ensure that if ‘Sol’ doesn’t handle the refund at least it should go through the regular service channels.

the classica email no longer works and you receive the following reply. Using the link to https://contacto.iberia.com/ generates and online form but when I submit it say unable to accept.

Deeply frustrating.

Estimado cliente
Gracias por ponerse en contacto con nosotros.
Le comunicamos que esta cuenta de correo electrónico está desactivada.
Para poder tramitar su solicitud, ponemos a su disposición nuestro formulario Iberia Plus que se deberá cumplimentar a través del siguiente enlace:
https://contacto.iberia.com/
En esta misma comunicación, le ofrecemos un resumen de enlaces que le permitirán acceder a los servicios más habituales:
· Consulte restricciones por países debido al COVID-19
· Reservar y comprar su viaje (sin gastos de gestión)
· Cambie o cancele su reserva a través de Gestiona tu reserva
· Acceda al estado de los vuelos y compruebe la última hora
· Reciba la información sobre su vuelo con Iberia Conecta
· Realice el Check-in online de sus próximos vuelos
· Consulte todas las opciones disponibles con sus bonos
· Obtenga toda la información sobre el programa Iberia Plus
· Seguimiento de su equipaje o de cualquier expediente en curso.
· Aquí podrá solicitar un justificante de haber volado.
También puede acceder a nuestros servicios en Redes Sociales a través de:
· Servicio automático de Whatsapp en el +34 676 676 004
· Twitter.com/iberia
· Facebook.com/iberia
Esperamos seguir contando con su confianza y aprovechamos esta oportunidad para enviarle nuestro más cordial saludo.
Su Centro de Servicios Iberia Plus

Dear client
Thank you for contacting us.
We inform you that this email account is disabled.
In order to process your request, we offer you our Iberia Plus form which must be completed via the following link:
https://contacto.iberia.com/
We also provide you the links that will allow you to access the most common services on our website:
· Check the COVID-19 restrictions and regulations for the country you are visiting.
· Book and pay for your trip (without any admin fees).
· Change or cancel your booking and request or use your vouchers through Manage your booking.
· Check the status of your flight and any last-minute disruption.
· Get flight updates with Iberia Conecta.
· Check-in online.
· Check and select voucher options.
· Find out about the benefits and conditions of the Iberia Plus programme. You can also contact us here.
· Track your baggage and any claims or request an incident ticket.
You can also contact us via our Social Media:
· Whatsapp : +34 676 67 60 04
· twitter.com/iberia
· facebook.com/iberia
We hope to continue with your confidence and take this opportunity to send you our warmest greetings.
Your Iberia Plus Service Center

INFORMACION SOBRE PROTECCION DE DATOS
Esta comunicación electrónica le es remitida por Iberia Líneas Aéreas de España S.A. Operadora Unipersonal (“Iberia”), en calidad de responsable del tratamiento de sus datos, para cumplir con la relación contractual que nos une con Usted, y está sujeta a los términos de nuestra Política de Protección de Datos que tiene a su disposición en nuestra web www.iberia.com . En esta Política podrá conocer el detalle de la información sobre la protección de sus datos, incluido el ejercicio de sus derechos de oposición, acceso, portabilidad, rectificación, limitación y supresión de datos. Sus datos podrán ser comunicados a entidades del Grupo IAG al que Iberia pertenece.Gracias.

INFORMATION ON DATA PRIVACY
This email is sent to you by Iberia Lineas Aereas de España S.A. Operadora U. (“Iberia”), as a controller, to comply with the contractual relation we have with you and subject to the terms of Iberia Data Protection Policy available in our website www.iberia.com. In this Policy, you can find additional information about your personal data protection, as well as information about your rights to object, to access, to data portability, to rectification, to restriction of processing and to erasure. Your personal data may be shared with other IAG Group companies, to which Iberia belongs. Thank you.

IBERIA.com
Tu viaje de principio a fin

¿Seguro que necesita imprimir? Iberia con el Medio Ambiente

IBERIA.com
Your journey from start to finish

Do you really need to print? Iberia with the Environment
Old Mar 21, 2023, 9:20 pm

Award flights with Iberia

Hello,

I am not able to make a new post so piggybacking here, if its ok. Does anyone know if , someone cancels their awards flight, it will show up for us or once the awards flights are booked up, they will never be released as awards flights if cancelled - only iberia question.

thanks,
Vidya
Old Mar 27, 2023, 12:45 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
Greetings
Currently have an award booking LHR<>MAD in November, but looking to switch to a revenue ticket (as the TPs would 'retain' Silver for the OH)..
Can the award cancellation be done online? and is the fee still EUR25pp mentioned a few posts above?
Many thanks
Old Mar 27, 2023, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Delboy65
Greetings
Currently have an award booking LHR<>MAD in November, but looking to switch to a revenue ticket (as the TPs would 'retain' Silver for the OH)..
Can the award cancellation be done online? and is the fee still EUR25pp mentioned a few posts above?
Many thanks
You must call Iberia Plus. Award cancellation is generally painless. (but when your money and/or Avios aren't refunded it becomes a nightmare)

Assuming you booked on the Spain website in Blue or Business Class, 25 euros is subtracted from your cash refund.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 1:11 pm

Thank you
Old Mar 28, 2023, 1:35 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif
You must call Iberia Plus. Award cancellation is generally painless. (but when your money and/or Avios aren't refunded it becomes a nightmare)

Assuming you booked on the Spain website in Blue or Business Class, 25 euros is subtracted from your cash refund.
I am 6 weeks into a nightmare of dealing with Iberia. They cancelled one ticket and refunded without fuss. The second took 5 weeks to refund the fees/taxes but to date 132000 Avios still not refunded. 8 calls to the service service, I have completed the contact form at leats 6 times, engaged via Twitter and still no one can provide an answer. It is shocking dealing with IB, almost as bad as dealing with Wizz Air
Old Mar 28, 2023, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by binman
I am 6 weeks into a nightmare of dealing with Iberia. They cancelled one ticket and refunded without fuss. The second took 5 weeks to refund the fees/taxes but to date 132000 Avios still not refunded. 8 calls to the service service, I have completed the contact form at leats 6 times, engaged via Twitter and still no one can provide an answer. It is shocking dealing with IB, almost as bad as dealing with Wizz Air
Called IB last night and wasn't greatest experience...
Once he understood I was cancelling the guy took a while and he initially suggested i'd get no fees back!
As to Avios he advised will take a month
🤔
Old Mar 30, 2023, 11:38 am

Called IB last night and wasn't greatest experience...
Once he understood I was cancelling the guy took a while and he initially suggested i'd get no fees back!
As to Avios he advised will take a month
🤔
Just had email come through confirming my Avios are back in my account (confirmed) and the same email suggests the payment (less Fee) has also been refunded (nothing showing yet on Amex app)
Old Mar 31, 2023, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by binman
Finally, 10 days after the cash was refunded, and pestering the Twitter team almost daily for the last week, the 132,000 Avios returned. Seems I booked on US web site and consequently no fees were deducted from any of the bookings.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 12:20 pm

Just had email come through confirming my Avios are back in my account (confirmed) and the same email suggests the payment (less Fee) has also been refunded (nothing showing yet on Amex app)
Just checked my Amex balance and the credit has hit (dated 30th)

Oddly though.. for 100% of the payment (no deduction for a cancellation fee)
jonr405 likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 3:32 pm

I finally got some Avios back after calling about 10 times over the course of the last year. Some tips:
  • You can generally tell in the first 5 min if the person knows what they are doing or not. It seems to be a HUCA situation. In 10 calls, maybe 5 lasted long enough to get someone who understood.
  • The front line rep should be able to see the ticket and whether a refund has been issued for money and for avios.
  • If the avios have not been refunded, they have to escalate to a different desk and will put you on hold for a bit. I was told several times it was being processed and would post within 24 hours. the first few times it did not go through. Somehow it did the most recent time.
  • The final time, it was refunded within about 6 hours of the call. I received an email notifying me of the refunded avios.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.