Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Update in Hyatt BRG policy (April 2019): If your BRG claim is approved, you can choose either 5,000 World of Hyatt points or an additional 20% off the matched rate for your stay (defined as consecutive nights at the same location). Rates available on websites that require membership which is free of charge, or where membership is automatically created as part of the booking, are eligible for BRG claims.

.................................................. ..........

Recent Experiences Using the BRG (2018 and later)

YES
  • Hotels.com - April 2019
  • Booking.com - May 2019

MAYBE
  • Skoosh - April 2019 (initially rejected as "membership site" but approved on appeal)
NO
  • SnapTravel

Update in Hyatt BRG policy (July 2017): if your BRG claim is approved, Hyatt will match the comparable lower rate, but will no longer offer a further 20% discount on the matched lower rate. Instead, after your stay on the BRG approved rate, you will receive a US$50 credit (or equivalent amount in the currency of your country of residence) to use on a future stay (completed within 12 months) booked on a Standard Rate, Advance Purchase Rate or Member Rate on Hyatt.com.

Q. How do I receive the $50 credit?
A. About 3-4 days after your BRG stay, Hyatt will email you a unique rate code to apply for your new reservation. You can either click on the link in the mail to book the reservation or manually enter it into the booking at Hyatt.com.

Q. Can I use the code more than once?
A. No. The code is invalid when it has already been attached to a reservation.

Q. Can I use the code to lower a rate like AAA or Double Points?
A. No. The BRG code books into its own unique rate class and can't be used with any other promotional rates.

Q. What happens if I cancel my reservation with the BRG code applied?
A. The code will can be re-used for another reservation. For this reason, DO NOT DELETE THE EMAIL FROM HYATT UNTIL AFTER YOUR STAY.

Q. What happens if a lower base rate appears available after I book the BRG rate?
A. You can cancel the first reservation (assuming there's no penalty) and then rebook using the code for the lower rate.

If you are dissatisfied with the response to your BRG claim, and it was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Omaha (9805 Q Street), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Nebraska Attorney General's Office (Consumer Protection Division). Note that the online complaint form requires you to fill in a correspondence address in the US (though you can state a preference to receive correspondence by e-mail rather than by post). As reported in Post # 2691, if the AG's Office decides to investigate, it is possible that Hyatt will review your BRG claim again and, in addition, offer points for the inconvenience.

If your BRG claim was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Marion (1120 North Carbon Street Suite 70), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Illinois Attorney General's Office.

From Post # 12:
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
If you can’t solve your issue (please mind Hyatt's Consumer Affairs Department assists us at 1-800-323-7249) here are some other resources:

Sound Off
  • Contact Consumer Traveler (my pick: Christopher Elliott)
  • Consumer Tools (My3cents.com is a leading source of consumer advice)
  • Post a complaint for public view
  • Consumer Comment Form (please mind: If you file a complaint it becomes property of “Consumer Affairs” and they are not obliged to remove it if you solve the issue)

Conde Nast's Traveler's "Ombudsman" column features a traveler's complaint column. Send in your complaint to Ombudsman, Conde Nast Traveler, 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036.

Legal Options
  • File a complaint at you state's attorney general's office
  • Small Claims Court (link provides also a helping hand on how to resolve problem without going to small claims court)
  • Federal Trade Commission (The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2014, 11:55 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
I wonder that as an elite, they hold some rooms back and they only display online to elites but not to the riff-raff, that is when the hotel is under capacity.

Marriott does this and others have reported that they get such BRG claims sometimes because the elite has a room to book.

Perhaps that was the case for you as you state that you are an elite.

In any event, I'm glad it worked out for you but I would not bank on a chain giving you a room that they don't show on their website as available just because a consolidator shows rooms available!
I've gone through this as well with SPG. It has nothing to do with being elite—they simply guarantee that the best rate (which logically includes any rate) is available on their website.

So, if a hotel is offering a room via a third party, corporate forces the hotel to book a reservation for the BRG customer at the third party rate.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 1:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SamOF
I've gone through this as well with SPG. It has nothing to do with being elite—they simply guarantee that the best rate (which logically includes any rate) is available on their website.

So, if a hotel is offering a room via a third party, corporate forces the hotel to book a reservation for the BRG customer at the third party rate.
Very, very interesting! Thanks!
Old Nov 2, 2014, 5:29 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

First Timer

Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta

November 2015 ( 5 nights/2 persons/ all inclusive)

Hyatt: $1120* ( pool suite)

Expedia: $441* ( pool suite)

BRG: $353* ( pool suite)

*per night

Last edited by david55; Nov 2, 2014 at 6:11 am
Old Nov 2, 2014, 5:43 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by david4455

Hyatt: $1120 ( pool suite)

Expedia: $441 ( pool suite)

BRG: $353 ( pool suite)
Wow!
Old Nov 2, 2014, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Are there any issues with repeating the same claim for different dates? Last month I did a successful claim at Hyatt Dulles using ReserveTravel.com. For another upcoming trip, I still see Hyatt Dulles at ReserveTravel.com cheaper than hyatt.com...
Old Nov 2, 2014, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hyatt: $1120* ( pool suite)

Expedia: $441* ( pool suite)

BRG: $353* ( pool suite)

*per night
How do you book November 2015 on www.hyatt.com? It only allows up to 12 months ahead.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 8:52 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by TerryK
How do you book November 2015 on www.hyatt.com? It only allows up to 12 months ahead.
What I discovered is that as long as the arrival date is within the 12 month period the departure date is irrelevant with regard to the 12 month out.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What I discovered is that as long as the arrival date is within the 12 month period the departure date is irrelevant with regard to the 12 month out.
Didn't know that. Thanks.:-:
Old Nov 2, 2014, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by TerryK
http://www.tokyohyattfan.com/2014/05...13-months-out/

See above. You can actually book up to 13 months out, regardless of the arrival date.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 6:22 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by swag
Are there any issues with repeating the same claim for different dates? Last month I did a successful claim at Hyatt Dulles using ReserveTravel.com. For another upcoming trip, I still see Hyatt Dulles at ReserveTravel.com cheaper than hyatt.com...
No issue whatsoever.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 5:10 am

Hi,

My first attempt was unsuccessful. It looks like reservetravel.com is not a valid competitor for Hyatt in my case.

I have reviewed your claim and determined that, based on third party site not providing immediate confirmation, this reservation is not eligible for our Best Rate Guarantee.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 8:41 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by friendly45
Hi,

My first attempt was unsuccessful. It looks like reservetravel.com is not a valid competitor for Hyatt in my case.
I've had a skim through through their T&Cs and can see any of the usual clauses Hyatt scoffs at.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 4:27 pm

Programs: DL SM, Marriot PLT, Tall guy in need of legroom
found the grand hyatt san francisco on amoma.com for $271 and its on hyatt.com for $369. Submitted claim today...we'll see what happens
Old Nov 6, 2014, 12:25 pm

Programs: DL SM, Marriot PLT, Tall guy in need of legroom
Funny enough, Hyatt said they would honor. Only problem was I booked alreadu on Amoma.com and their rate was non-refundable. Good to know for future use though!
Old Nov 6, 2014, 3:26 pm

I made a second BRG try with another competing site, and I received the following answer:

I have reviewed your claim and was unable able to validate the lower rate and your attachment would not open. Please resend your screenshot within 24 hours so I can review your claim further.
So I replied with the screenshot. But, I can read further:

Please do not reply to this email as this mailbox is not regularly monitored.
That sounds like a loophole...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.