Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

"Free Trial" Platinum Status on Signup or Upgrade for Members - 5/1-8/31 2009

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Free Trial" Platinum Status on Signup or Upgrade for Members - 5/1-8/31 2009

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2009, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Does anyone know if under the trial you receieve Diamond status, to expire on 31 December, if the suite upgrade certificates will disappear from your account?

Hoping that won't be the case as trying to rack up 15 nights to maintain the status.
I dont think it'll disappear otherwise there would have been no expiry date to suites upgrades..
Old Sep 8, 2009, 10:49 pm

Programs: Continental - Platinum, Alaska - MVP, Hyatt - Diamond, Marriott - Platinum, Hilton - Diamond
Just finished my 15 night requirement and get to maintain my diamond status until 02/2011. I had until October 30 too. This promo was awesome.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by jpowers25
Just finished my 15 night requirement and get to maintain my diamond status until 02/2011. I had until October 30 too. This promo was awesome.
Congrates.. I did qualify for Diamond until 02/11 in mid august too.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by jpowers25
Did the system update on its own or does your end date still set at Oct 2009?
Old Sep 9, 2009, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by bbbb
Did the system update on its own or does your end date still set at Oct 2009?
It auto updates after one of posting of 15 nights under your GP #
Old Sep 9, 2009, 6:00 am

Does anyone know if they will be sending out new renewal packs for the re qualification. My current card has an expiry of 11/09 so I assume so.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by Mevad
Does anyone know if they will be sending out new renewal packs for the re qualification. My current card has an expiry of 11/09 so I assume so.
I think you can simply put a request for new replacement card at : https://goldpassport.hyatt.com/gp/en...rd_request.jsp
Old Sep 9, 2009, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by Rubal
I think you can simply put a request for new replacement card at : https://goldpassport.hyatt.com/gp/en...rd_request.jsp
Thanks

I was also wondering, greedily, if new vouchers would come as well.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by Mevad
Thanks

I was also wondering, greedily, if new vouchers would come as well.
lol
Old Sep 9, 2009, 8:52 am

Red face

thanks for this. easily and painle$$ly made the 5 night requirement and am now plat til 2011.
had not even considered brand loyalty as they have far fewer properties than *w, but once weekend nights ended, it was very easy to shift for the end of summer and have been very happy with hyatt.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by uprightposition
thanks for this. easily and painle$$ly made the 5 night requirement and am now plat til 2011.
had not even considered brand loyalty as they have far fewer properties than *w, but once weekend nights ended, it was very easy to shift for the end of summer and have been very happy with hyatt.
If 5 nights was easy, just go for 10 more to achieve Diamond status. It's really worth it!
Old Sep 10, 2009, 9:08 am

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
Update:

Whilst I haven't done my stays (in October.. so to come yet!), I have got a brand new lump of plastic and the platinum welcome kit in the post.

Very impressed. ^

(although it doesn't take much to impress me these days )
Old Sep 10, 2009, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by Kevincm
Update:

Whilst I haven't done my stays (in October.. so to come yet!), I have got a brand new lump of plastic and the platinum welcome kit in the post.

Very impressed. ^

(although it doesn't take much to impress me these days )
Look carefully inside that welcome kit. Mine had a Platinum extras certificate for a regency club upgrade and my husband's Diamond kit had a paper suite upgrade certificate.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by Rubal
It auto updates after one of posting of 15 nights under your GP #
Uh ohh. It didn't post . Time to call them up.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 4:57 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I think you will find your status is valid until December 2009 and is renewed when you make your nights threshold. Your Account info at goldpassport.com will indicate tier expiration date, so it makes sense that they would send you the appropriate welcome kit.

On another note, I called the Diamond line yesterday to use a suite upgrade at a certain hotel. I was told it couldn't be used because the Executive one bedroom suites had all been sold out, and there were only two and three bedroom suites. I offered to take a lesser upgrade to a junior suite and was told "it can't be done."

A little mystified, I called general reservations, and I was on hold for about 20 mins but the operator confirmed the upgrade to the executive suite directly with the hotel.

Has anyonelse experienced this? I would naturally expect the Diamond line to be of more help than general reservations!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.