Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

"Free Trial" Platinum Status on Signup or Upgrade for Members - 5/1-8/31 2009

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Free Trial" Platinum Status on Signup or Upgrade for Members - 5/1-8/31 2009

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2009, 1:20 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by peteropny
June 30.
Oh, man, I didn't know anything about this! Is pre-sign up required, and is it too late to get double credit for my stays so far this year!?!

Old Jun 22, 2009, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Originally Posted by JonathanIT
Oh, man, I didn't know anything about this! Is pre-sign up required, and is it too late to get double credit for my stays so far this year!?!

From the posts here on FT you can get credit for all your past stays between 3/15 and 6/30 (check-out dates).

Diamond Stays Count Double promo code: SCDDIAM

You have to call and get signed up.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you- Great promo for me as I am at a Hyatt right now!
Old Jun 22, 2009, 3:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by todorovic
From the posts here on FT you can get credit for all your past stays between 3/15 and 6/30 (check-out dates).

Has this happened often

I never called b/c I didn't have any stays lined up to the 30th. However I've had five in this period which if doubled retroactively would be nice

otherwise; I need 17 more "stays" for the diamond requalification. It is a heck of a lot easier to re join as a plat, and do the 15 nights in two or three stays which will be easy in the 120 day period. Yes I realize it would be a new account but either way; I still would have the points in the other account and build up new ones in this one.

As for the 2X stay credit. Hyatt can't really call it a promo to me anyway if I wasn't targeted.. I'm definitely looking for a carrot here after this giveaway
Old Jun 22, 2009, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Has this happened often

I never called b/c I didn't have any stays lined up to the 30th. However I've had five in this period which if doubled retroactively would be nice
I signed up several weeks back and was pleasantly surprised that I got 7 retroactive credits for the double stays. It just happened that my stays lined up with this "promotion" almost perfectly this year (I had a checkout on March 15 and just completed my 9th stay during the promotion period this last weekend). It definitely won't hurt to call...
Old Jun 22, 2009, 5:17 pm

this is highly annoying...considering I'm 6 nights away from Diamond. I wish I would have known.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 6:59 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by todorovic

Thanks for the info, I will call and report back on my success. I have to call anyway to get some retro credit I'm missing. I've had six stays with Hyatt since March 15, so it will definitely help.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 7:22 pm

I'm a little confused...is the ""Free Trial" Platinum Status/Upgrade" promo peteropny originally posted in this thread the same as the SCDDIAM promo?

If they're not the same, anyone find out what existing Dia's get under this offer (if anything)?
Old Jun 22, 2009, 8:55 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cygnet
I'm a little confused...is the ""Free Trial" Platinum Status/Upgrade" promo peteropny originally posted in this thread the same as the SCDDIAM promo?

If they're not the same, anyone find out what existing Dia's get under this offer (if anything)?
No its not the SCDDIAM was originally for members who were Diamonds last year that lost the status but seems to are available to anyone who calls.

The subject of this thread is to attract new customers.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 9:55 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Has any current Diamond had any luck registering for this for the purposes of faster re-qualification?

Does this offer have an offer code?
I called Hyatt Gold Passport at the number shown on the promotion 1-800-228-3360 today to discuss the promotion.

I am currently a Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond member.

After some checking the agent stated that I can enroll for the Diamond elite 15 nights fast-track as a current Gold Passport Diamond member.

Like others I have held off on registration since I am pretty well booked between Starwood and Hilton (targetted elite fast-track offer) for the next two months. Hyatt will be my focus come September through November.

However, I advise others going for this promotion to take advantage of Hyatt stays during summer and work towards that elite status over the next 120 days. That is July through October.

The advantage of doing nights before the potential Faster Free Nights promotion in the fall is the ability to earn elite status with just a few multi-night stays.

I would much rather earn elite status with five 3-day stays at Hyatt Hotels to earn diamond with 15 nights rather than 13 single-night stays during a stays count double promotion to reach 25 stays for diamond status.

And then if the Hyatt Faster Free Nights promotion happens as rumored September 15 (Earn a free night after every two stays), the experience is so much better when you earn 1,000 points (Diamond amenity gift) every stay, internet access, and room upgrades.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 11:40 am

Is there any benefit to rush enrollment now?

I've called several times to verify things w/GP....
I've been getting conflicting info.
Some agents say that it's 120 days from when you enroll (great) and this offer expires August 31st.
Other say that you need to enroll by August 31st and you "could have" a maximum of 120 days to meet this challenge but you need to complete your stays no later than August 31st ... makes no sense to me at all.
We've got an award stay in December where we'd love to have the Diamond status and plan on doing several stays in October and November -- mainly because of scheduling and even better if FFNF is in effect. We won't have any travel at all until mid-August at the earliest so it would be a waste to enroll now.
So what is the actual enrollment deadline?
TIA
Old Jun 23, 2009, 4:30 pm

Well I just called the 800 number that was on the promo page as well and signed up. I am currently platnium and with my stays coming up through out the summer Im fairly certain we'll be able to hit the 15 nights required to get Diamond status.

Theres nothing in our account on the website that references us being enrolled in anything so I guess will just work on the nights and hopefully see what happens.

Anyone else get enrolled?

-Kyle
Old Jun 23, 2009, 6:50 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM and still DM/2.5MM, AMEX Plat, DLAMEX Plat,
Hyatt GP cust svc not aware of the fast track

i just called the Diamond line and asked for more info based on the various conflicting or confusing info on this thread. Was place on hold several times while she checked around and finally came back and said this offer was only for new participants and that I would have to qualify the old fashioned way.

The only thing she said was if someone was successful let the group know and also specify any offer codes.

if you are successful in getting the fast track as a diamond pls pm me with some details

thanks in advance folks
Old Jun 23, 2009, 10:25 pm

Interesting Info on Award Status

Had originally called up to find out if DH was eligible for offer (several calls, this was first one). Was on hold for a while, he's presently Plat. and found out that he'd be upgraded to Diamond for the 120 days while trying to meet the qualifications. The agent enrolled him w/o approval. Told her to put it on hold and we'd sign up when DH was ready (in August). Then went on website and saw that he was listed as Diamond. Called up again and got another agent to make sure it was still Platinum... got that fixed but then started to explore DH status and award info and found that he has 4 e-suite upgrades that expire 2/2010. Well DH's only Platinum before the call yesterday and he only had 2 stays this year, hardly enough to earn the upgrade certs.
Has anyone else who's signed up for the upgrade offer who was Platinum find the e-certs in their profile.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 10:56 pm

Programs: AK, UA, Swiss,
Being a newbie to Flyertalk, I called the CS line on 6/21 to ask about the Diamond Intro Promo and had no problems signing up.
I checked my profile and have been given four 4 e-suite upgrades that expire at the end of Feb 2010. I was surprised how easy it was.

Last edited by TravLFan; Jun 23, 2009 at 11:17 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.